Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Solo Mining Experiment, two years. 1S3, 1 Antrouter  (Read 12544 times)
jacobmayes94 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:38:33 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 11:54:27 AM by jacobmayes94

Got a 7B share! It will happen Cheesy Pool mining is not really going to be profitable much anymore with the electricity cost here, so I much prefer to take my chance solo mining, one hit means an instant  ROI and very happy, it will happen : - ) Mine are underclocked slightly to the 227 frequency.

Jacob
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:09:51 PM

The 7B Share many months ago is still the best I got, I gave two rigs away but since December left 1 S3 chugging at it, not been switched off once since December and is still going with nice quiet fans, pumping out 440 GH/S on average. No block yet but it will come : - D so far 6 months into the experiment, although will leave this S3 running. If anyone wishes to donate hashrate feel free Wink the 7B share wasn't bad going mind. The best share since my last post is 995M. Send good vibes for me to find a block! Cheesy The S3 is using roughly 325 watts at the wall so it isn't too bad. Me and a friend who is in financial need will split the block when it erupts! All it takes is 1 hash!

Jacob
mewhoyou

Activity: 353

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:53:13 PM

Can anyone show how your stats looks like when you find a block? or what we should look out for?

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:28:26 PM

Wow, you are pretty mad to solo mine with just that set. even it finds a block every 77 months it won't be profitable at all, or it will only be profitable if the bitcoin prices goes up to the double.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:33:18 PM

Wow, you are pretty mad to solo mine with just that set. even it finds a block every 77 months it won't be profitable at all, or it will only be profitable if the bitcoin prices goes up to the double.
Poolmining isn't profitable either, but the adrenaline rush of finding a block is just huge. I mine PPC solo on my s3 rigs, and it works out pretty well. I found a block 4 days ago and the average block time for me is ~12 days. I found 2 PPC blocks within 2 days of each other once. Peercoin is uncomparable to the rush of bitcoin, though. My S5 is soloing on btc, and so far the highest share on that is 32G. I'm staying optimistic and if I do hit a block with that, well, i'm buying some new rigs and starting a REAL farm!
ReLoad

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:25:42 AM

do you think as we move towards the higher end of the difficulty we will see many of the big players move off miners and the solo ventures pick back up towards the end of the cycle?
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:02:35 PM

I'm not mining, but am still sticking with my plan in my side computer repair business.  If I ever come across a BTC wallet I will take the coins and transfer them to my own wallet which is waiting and updated and ready to go on a laptop I keep just for this purpose.  Then I will sell them off and keep the money.  My only fear is that the people may have a password on their BTC wallet.

But this is extremely unlikely to happen, as anyone who can't handle taking care of their PC is very unlikely to know about BTC.

It's not really "stealing" the coins, they just sort of become mine.
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:44:23 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 07:44:54 PM by jacobmayes94

You will probably find out I have hit when CK announces a block solve at address 16nfWjg4cGcFn4QphYgMgGLM9ftnaUBSkc

I feel pool mining is a waste of time on UK electricity rates on a big rig, the S7 doesn't offer enough returns to justify its large cost at the present time, so solo mining on an S3 is the best way to be 'in it'. The S3 is great as a lotto machine

It has only been restarted twice since the start of this experiment, once because I unplugged it by mistake, second due to a power cut as one of our substations went up in flames
Jacob

P.S when it comes to stealing peoples bitcoins, careful of the karma : - ) I have left negative trust and reported this post, if someone had simply forgotten about it, that could be their treasure trove, like the guy who bought an apartment. Would you steal an iPhone you found on a park bench? Or break into someone's bank account who's details were on the PC? Sounds like a troll though
gulachov

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:20:17 AM

I'm not mining, but am still sticking with my plan in my side computer repair business.  If I ever come across a BTC wallet I will take the coins and transfer them to my own wallet which is waiting and updated and ready to go on a laptop I keep just for this purpose.  Then I will sell them off and keep the money.  My only fear is that the people may have a password on their BTC wallet.

But this is extremely unlikely to happen, as anyone who can't handle taking care of their PC is very unlikely to know about BTC.

It's not really "stealing" the coins, they just sort of become mine.
I don't think you'll have any luck with your plan. Those who mined back in 09 don't have those wallets forgotten any more (7 years passed). Those using bitcoin now know how to protect them. And getting such PC to a repair shop sounds like a very crazy idea.
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:19:19 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 06:05:23 PM by jacobmayes94

ASIC status

oooooooo oxoooooo

oooooooo oooooooo

Seems like a chip has gone tits up, cant get it to go back to o... was fine yesterday XD

EDIT: The chip is back
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:50:06 PM

EXPERIMENT TEMPORARILY HALTED! the S3 has died. After a power outage the S3 and the power supply gave up the ghost. my surge protector was in the reset position, it has also damaged my router. The good news is the warranty on the surge protector is going to cover the damaged rig and my modem. I am going to connect up one of the block erupters i kept spare until I replace the rig!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:06:12 PM

EXPERIMENT TEMPORARILY HALTED! the S3 has died. After a power outage the S3 and the power supply gave up the ghost. my surge protector was in the reset position, it has also damaged my router. The good news is the warranty on the surge protector is going to cover the damaged rig and my modem. I am going to connect up one of the block erupters i kept spare until I replace the rig!
How much money is this costing you? I had run a s1 for a year straight and gotten a 2B share, then it died. Cheesy I'm glad other people have the same ambition of finding a block with outdated miners. If you had mined a coin like peercoin solo you might've made a profit, but good luck finding a block! have fun when you do Smiley
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:15:44 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 04:05:09 PM by jacobmayes94

Back in business! Replacing the PSU and was able to get one hash board working again using its other slot. It is currently mining with one hash board! Soon an S7 and R1 will be joining the solo mining ranks! The moment a block is found all but one rig will be sold off, if not then ive had fun and the cost of an S7 is not too bad that now hitting a block would mean that my heat was paid for, that's the way ill see it.

I have changed wallet addresses, 1JacobtFpSMx15iKNR2xmPuDLqRVYM9NWc so that is reflected in the opening topic. I will have a total of 3.5TH when you add the half functioning S3, antrouter and the S7 to be. Will update when it is set up

EDIT: THE S3 is functioning correctly now after a careful soldering job to replace a damaged capacitor on the (broken) hashboard. I am paying  for my S7 when I do my usual bitcoin buy at the end of the week, and will get the antrouter as well.

Jacob
cardseller121

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:32:47 PM

Can anyone show how your stats looks like when you find a block? or what we should look out for?
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:38:53 PM

Back in business! Replacing the PSU and was able to get one hash board working again using its other slot. It is currently mining with one hash board! Soon an S7 and R1 will be joining the solo mining ranks! The moment a block is found all but one rig will be sold off, if not then ive had fun and the cost of an S7 is not too bad that now hitting a block would mean that my heat was paid for, that's the way ill see it.

I have changed wallet addresses, 1JacobtFpSMx15iKNR2xmPuDLqRVYM9NWc so that is reflected in the opening topic. I will have a total of 3.5TH when you add the half functioning S3, antrouter and the S7 to be. Will update when it is set up

EDIT: THE S3 is functioning correctly now after a careful soldering job to replace a damaged capacitor on the (broken) hashboard. I am paying  for my S7 when I do my usual bitcoin buy at the end of the week, and will get the antrouter as well.

Jacob

I think you should have two sets of stats.  1.  The Actual Numbers and 2. What Would Have Happened if you had not run into issues with hardware and such.  Just to see what a perfect system would produce over your time span.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:45:37 AM

cgminer will tell you simply something like "BLOCK!", and anyway in your bitcoin core will be credited those 25 coin, so it's impossible to not notice it
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:46:13 PM

I hope you get that Block!

I love solo mining and i'm currently mining in that pool best share so far 9M.  I just started this morning though. Renting a 1.3T rig for 60 hours to see how it goes.

I'm keeping an eye on your progress best of luck!
manav1112

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:16:23 AM

This is like when I left my block erupters to solo mine when they were first introduced in bitcoin so long ago, alas, I had no luck with em!
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:05:55 AM

I Threw a rental at this for 3.5pH the other week, no luck as of yet, the golden nonce will appear soon!

Plus we have my antrouter Wink

This S3 I am using is a soldier, waiting for his day which is imminent. I had to give t he S7 a pass for now, my flats circuit cant handle anymore now I have a KNC titan and my mini etherium farm.
newbtcminer

Activity: 85

"That's just like, your opinion, man."

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:11:46 AM

I think there's a chance that as more people fail to realize any profits by mining on pools, solo mining could become a lot more popular. Keep us posted, OP, and good luck!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: