Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:52:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What color PCB would you like the MoonLander to have?
Green
Red
Blue
Black
Yellow

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FutureBit MoonLander: A Modern and Efficient Scrypt USB Stick Miner!  (Read 30525 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2105
Merit: 1397

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:04:23 AM

Apparently my drivers are so popular that dropbox banned the download links due to too much traffic lol Huh

Anyway here is alternative download https://mega.nz/#F!NxgyWJhD!5Hhc5ikRYEVQHyeovQa-QQ

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:53:49 PM

Apparently my drivers are so popular that dropbox banned the download links due to too much traffic lol Huh

Anyway here is alternative download https://mega.nz/#F!NxgyWJhD!5Hhc5ikRYEVQHyeovQa-QQ

have you figured out why these sticks fade out and eventually just stop hashing?

VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:54:01 AM

Hi,

I have an USB volt and amp meter.

It tells me how much volts, amps and watts is draining the USB port at any moment.

Any formula to get ML ASIC core voltage from that data?

Thanks.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2105
Merit: 1397

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:26:16 PM

Hi,

It tells me how much volts, amps and watts is draining the USB port at any moment.

Thanks.

Not really, since how much power the ASIC is using is not constant and depends on frequency etc. You can just measure the core voltage directly with a simple multimeter. Check out the main posts in the beginning of this thread for instructions.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:49:59 PM

Quote from: VictorGT on Today at 11:54:01 AM
Hi,

Thanks.

Not really, since how much power the ASIC is using is not constant and depends on frequency etc. You can just measure the core voltage directly with a simple multimeter. Check out the main posts in the beginning of this thread for instructions.

Sorry, my fingers are fat... I have a good standard multimeter, and I use it sometimes... I know how to do it...

But spots for testing core voltage at PCB board are too small for me. Maybe I will try (afraid to burn something).

I run my MLs over 300 MHz, they are extra cooled... All over 1 AMP at USB meter.

Any formula with this settings?

I really like this small miners...
mho

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:21:18 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 05:17:34 AM by mho

Hi everyone,

sorry if this was already answered, didnt find anything in this thread or elsewhere, there are some people with the same problem but no solution.

My problem is that my MoonLander isnt mining any Litecoin.

I am using Raspberry 1 with an cheap USB 2.0 HUB (external powered). When is type 'lsusb' its showing the MoonLander. I compiled bfgminer like its shown in this first post of this thread. That worked fine. I created an account at litecoinpool.org. After that I tried mining with:

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u sth -p sth,d=16 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=144

But all my Miner is doing is repeating:
Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

0.0 h/s ...

Its consuming 2 Watt/s whats should be fine?

Orange LED is flashing from time to time on the MoonLander. Litecoinpool.org says 31 "Invalid Shares" ?! ..

What I am doing wrong??

Greetings
mho

**EDIT**

The problem was the USB-Hub -> After plugging the stick into Raspberry itself it worked with same parameters...
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:51:24 PM

Hi everyone,

sorry if this was already answered, didnt find anything in this thread or elsewhere, there are some people with the same problem but no solution.

My problem is that my MoonLander isnt mining any Litecoin.

I am using Raspberry 1 with an cheap USB 2.0 HUB (external powered). When is type 'lsusb' its showing the MoonLander. I compiled bfgminer like its shown in this first post of this thread. That worked fine. I created an account at litecoinpool.org. After that I tried mining with:

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u sth -p sth,d=16 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=144

But all my Miner is doing is repeating:

0.0 h/s ...

Its consuming 2 Watt/s whats should be fine?

Orange LED is flashing from time to time on the MoonLander. Litecoinpool.org says 31 "Invalid Shares" ?! ..

What I am doing wrong??

Greetings
mho

your username is probably sth.1

mho

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:54:33 AM

your username is probably sth.1

thanks for your reply but thats not the problem. I just modified this line to "sth" (something) for the post. The username is use is correct (and password too).
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:17:38 AM

Apparently my drivers are so popular that dropbox banned the download links due to too much traffic

Just think how bad it will get if you get a LK-1402 stick miner going.

9-)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Ignorante3

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 12:02:18 AM

does anyone have for sell? just asking...
Reozen

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:41:01 AM

Is anyone selling? or any future development for upcoming USB Scrypt Miner?
broopanda

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:54:42 AM

Hello,
New to cryptocurrency mining. I just purchased my first Moonlander script miners (3 of them) and a Gekkoscience Bitcoin miner.

I'm looking forward to playing around and learning what this is all about. I tried my moonlanders straight off the macbook pro but it looks like I need a powered USB hub to run even one of them. I wasn't able to source a Superbpag USB hub but I managed to get an Orico 10 port powered USB hub. I hope it works.

Question about Scrypt mining, Can the moonlander mine currencies other than Litecoin? I found this site here, http://www.cryptocoinsinfo.com/ and was interested in testing a few out once my USB hub arrives.

Anything else I should know other than what's in the instructions on the first page?

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:04:06 AM

Hello,
New to cryptocurrency mining. I just purchased my first Moonlander script miners (3 of them) and a Gekkoscience Bitcoin miner.

I'm looking forward to playing around and learning what this is all about. I tried my moonlanders straight off the macbook pro but it looks like I need a powered USB hub to run even one of them. I wasn't able to source a Superbpag USB hub but I managed to get an Orico 10 port powered USB hub. I hope it works.

Question about Scrypt mining, Can the moonlander mine currencies other than Litecoin? I found this site here, http://www.cryptocoinsinfo.com/ and was interested in testing a few out once my USB hub arrives.

Anything else I should know other than what's in the instructions on the first page?

yes you can mine scrypt coins..

unfortunately there isnt very many scrypt coins that are worth anything.

i currently have my moonlanders pointed to ispace.co.uk
they have a lowest difficulty scrypt multipool.. it automatically changes to the lowest diff coin that they mine.. you can set it to auto convert them to btc when you have enough.. which takes a long time.

i think just mining on litecoinpool.org is the best. i have 8 moonlanders and they make about 2 litecoins per month.

broopanda

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:44:41 PM

Hello,

they have a lowest difficulty scrypt multipool.. it automatically changes to the lowest diff coin that they mine.. you can set it to auto convert them to btc when you have enough.. which takes a long time.

i think just mining on litecoinpool.org is the best. i have 8 moonlanders and they make about 2 litecoins per month.

I started playing around with awesome miner and ghash.io (pool) on an old PC I have laying around. How can I check the comparison between ispace.co.uk and litecoinpool.org.

On the bright side, I've ben reading a few articles that litecoin may actually make a comeback. Though, it seems that if litecoin is interested in being the "silver" to the bitcoin currency, it still won't amount to much in comparison.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:55:08 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 09:27:24 PM by aarons6

Hello,

I started playing around with awesome miner and ghash.io (pool) on an old PC I have laying around. How can I check the comparison between ispace.co.uk and litecoinpool.org.

On the bright side, I've ben reading a few articles that litecoin may actually make a comeback. Though, it seems that if litecoin is interested in being the "silver" to the bitcoin currency, it still won't amount to much in comparison.

there is no comparison between ispace and litecoinpool.

ispace mines low diff and newer coins in the hope that one day they might be worth something..
litecoinpool mines litecoins.. they have a calculator on the site that will tell you how many you make per month.

a bit of info that should probably go on the first page.. to get these to work on many pools you need to add

#skipcbcheck after the port..
so like

stratum+tcp://example.com:3333#skipcbcheck
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:35:06 PM

Just got these things back mining as they were sitting around doing nothing for too long!  Forgot how fun they were.

broopanda

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:22:13 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 12:02:20 AM by broopanda

Hello,

there is no comparison between ispace and litecoinpool.

ispace mines low diff and newer coins in the hope that one day they might be worth something..
litecoinpool mines litecoins.. they have a calculator on the site that will tell you how many you make per month.

a bit of info that should probably go on the first page.. to get these to work on many pools you need to add

#skipcbcheck after the port..
so like

stratum+tcp://example.com:3333#skipcbcheck

Got it. I was under the impression that you could select which currency to mine with ispace. I'll start with litecoin before I get crazy. So I managed to get a temporary hub going.

Okay so my first question:
I managed to get two devices recognized (The USB hub I got only has room for two) and I reconfigured the mac bfgminer file with the following script on line 4:
Code:
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u up103037409.worker3 -p xxx -S all --set MLD:clock=144

MLD0 and MLD1 both show no activity. Do I need to enable something? Did I configure it wrong?

I'm also getting these messages:

Code:
[2016-08-03 17:03:18] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted

Code:
[2016-08-03 17:13:51] Pool 0 is hiding block contents from us

Code:
[2016-08-03 17:27:19] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted

Now I'm just running a single Moonlander from the USB Hub. I'll keep running this to see if anything changes. I get an update approximately every 30 seconds or so.

One last thing... this BFG Miner URL doesn't work. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn63pkae2pdlulm/BFgminer-FutureBit-5.4--win64.zip?dl=0

broopanda

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:29:21 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 05:52:54 AM by broopanda

UPDATE 1:
1. I tried two Moonlanders in my PC as it has 2 free USB 3.0 slots. They started mining right away. Then eventually petered out around 30 mins later. They peaked at 700kh/s together.

2. I figured that it was too much to have both so then I tried just one. Same thing about 30 mins later big red LED light was on.

Where do I check the voltage? or do I need a voltmeter? I am using the stock settings other than the modified pool and user script on the "Start_Moonlander.bat" file.

Q: What are my troubleshooting steps?

Q: Or is this a case where the USB ports on my PC can't handle the sustained power draw even though they are USB3.0?

UPDATE 2:
So I tested one of the ML's on a Motherboard USB which is a USB2.0 port. I'm mining from the ghash.io pool. So far so good. It's been running at approximately 400ish kh/s for about an hour now. It slowed to a crawl once but never went 'sick' (red LED constant) I'm going to leave it overnight and see how it performs.

PS. Ghash.io says their minimum diff is 16 and it's autocontrolled. I can't find where to manually edit this anywhere on their site. Does anyone have experience with this pool?
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:48:37 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 12:07:49 PM by aarons6

UPDATE 1:
1. I tried two Moonlanders in my PC as it has 2 free USB 3.0 slots. They started mining right away. Then eventually petered out around 30 mins later. They peaked at 700kh/s together.

2. I figured that it was too much to have both so then I tried just one. Same thing about 30 mins later big red LED light was on.

Where do I check the voltage? or do I need a voltmeter? I am using the stock settings other than the modified pool and user script on the "Start_Moonlander.bat" file.

Q: What are my troubleshooting steps?

Q: Or is this a case where the USB ports on my PC can't handle the sustained power draw even though they are USB3.0?

UPDATE 2:
So I tested one of the ML's on a Motherboard USB which is a USB2.0 port. I'm mining from the ghash.io pool. So far so good. It's been running at approximately 400ish kh/s for about an hour now. It slowed to a crawl once but never went 'sick' (red LED constant) I'm going to leave it overnight and see how it performs.

PS. Ghash.io says their minimum diff is 16 and it's autocontrolled. I can't find where to manually edit this anywhere on their site. Does anyone have experience with this pool?

yes they like to be on usb 2.0.. with the 2 superbpags i have they are connected to a usb2.0 hub then the rpi.
https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM
its the only way i can get them to work stable.

as far as pools, i almost always go back to litecoinpool.org.. they pay 103% PPS with no fee.. with my 8 sticks i make 2.1 ltc per month.. or about 8$
id love to mine on zpool.ca with these, but they only produce hardware errors and 100% rejects.. i cant figure out why.

you can choose the coin on ispace.. they have ports for most of the coins.. they also have 3 different kinds of multipools.. one is the most profitable by coinwarez, two is lowest diff, and 3,4 and 5 is rotation.
im currently trying the number 1 multipool.. i have 8 moonlanders and 5 compacs on it.

if you are going to try the ispace multipool, port 4453 didnt work for me. i had to use port 4435
the full url would be stratum+tcp://ispace.co.uk:4435#skipcbcheck

most of the coins arent worth anything.. but these things arent going to make you rich anyway.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:07:55 AM

Q: Is there a way to manually set the difficulty in BFGMiner? I keep trying to manually set the diff in ghash.IO but when I refresh the page it never sticks. Im going to send them a support ticket.

not sure, but you will earn more litecoin mining on litecoinpool.org

on that pool you can set the diff with a d= in the password.. i recommend d=64
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: