Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to buy bitcoin with paypal  (Read 695 times)
rainbownero (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:03:54 PM

I have around $2.5K in a paypal account. It was not obtained through illegal means, but I still want to withdrawal it without being linked to my name. Is there someplace through escrow or whatnot where this can be done without paying ridiculously high fees. I understand that the paypal user can do chargeback which is why most people don't accept paypal, but there still has to be a way to buy some bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wmz1987

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:20:31 PM

sent a pm
UsedToHoldeM

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:32:06 PM

You can buy gift cards @Gyft.com and then re sell them cheaper here, for me it doesn't make any sense if u ask me, why wouldn't u go to the bank and withdrawal the fiat? Since ur account is under your name lately u will get cash for it. Or just ask a friend who doesnt care about doing the cash out and xfer the pp amount.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 09:52:24 PM

You can try trusted exchanges like xmlgold.eu, virwox and even localbitcoins to exchange your PP for BTC. Minimum fees you will need to pay is 15% as the risk of chargeback wouldn't get you a better deal. Escrow wouldn't help in case of PP and if you can't withdraw your PP cash to your bank, the best option would be only exchanging it for BTC.

yanka50

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:51:50 PM

I don't think anyone will want to exchange that sum with a newbie, but I could be wrong Tongue
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 01:25:12 PM

It was not obtained through illegal means, but I still want to withdrawal it without being linked to my name.

Have fun trying to convince us that, then.

The only way you can do it is to withdraw it to your bank, and then wire it to another person's.

rainbownero (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:55:26 PM

I might just buy gift cards form gyft. Whats the going rate for amazon to btc?
UsedToHoldeM

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:00:45 PM

I might just buy gift cards form gyft. Whats the going rate for amazon to btc?

between 30% - 10% lower .
pp4coins

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:20:48 PM

sent a pm .check it
Reagrds
rainbownero (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:52:08 AM

Well, I ended up getting scammed. Perhaps my story will help others avoid the mistake that I did. So, a user named bitcoinjedi contacted me through a pm and said he could give me bitcoin for my paypal at a near 1:1 preev rate. We talked on google hangouts via text and exchanged information. Ended up sending $1,300 to the paypal address he provided. Never got the btc. I believe I was part of a man in the middle type scam where I would send money to some third party and he, having already communicated with this third party, would receive the bitcoin instead of me. His recent posts indicate though that he never received the bitcoin either though, so he might have got scammed as well. I thought I was safe with paypal, but apparently you can't charge back friends and family payments. Anyways, lesson learned the hard way. Looks like I'm sticking to just trusted sites now. Hopefully this story will help others in the future.... Misconceptions can cost you a lot of money!
truckerJoe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

your people

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:57:09 AM

Well, I ended up getting scammed. Perhaps my story will help others avoid the mistake that I did. So, a user named bitcoinjedi contacted me through a pm and said he could give me bitcoin for my paypal at a near 1:1 preev rate. We talked on google hangouts via text and exchanged information. Ended up sending $1,300 to the paypal address he provided. Never got the btc. I believe I was part of a man in the middle type scam where I would send money to some third party and he, having already communicated with this third party, would receive the bitcoin instead of me. His recent posts indicate though that he never received the bitcoin either though, so he might have got scammed as well. I thought I was safe with paypal, but apparently you can't charge back friends and family payments. Anyways, lesson learned the hard way. Looks like I'm sticking to just trusted sites now. Hopefully this story will help others in the future.... Misconceptions can cost you a lot of money!

i am sorry that you got scammed, but
lots of people here - legit people - have offered you their service + escrow
it's your own fault bro
edit: could you not file a claim? id do that immediately if the @seller@ stops contact after money were transferred

its not a matter of if
its a matter of when
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:35:57 AM

i am sorry that you got scammed, but
lots of people here - legit people - have offered you their service + escrow
it's your own fault bro
edit: could you not file a claim? id do that immediately if the @seller@ stops contact after money were transferred

I actually don't believe you because bitcoinjedi https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=55140 hasn't been online since the 3rd of April 2012

while thebitcoinjedi https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=514942 was part of a dispute with Venusianism who has retracted his/her accusation against a third person.

Start a scam accusation in the so named section if you are genuine.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: