Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:59:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Professional trolls  (Read 3638 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:07:56 PM

AdamWhite and TheDasher are probably not the same person, but AdamWhite and DrkLvr_ clearly are.

Using another account to get around a ban i.e. ban evasion => permaban.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 10:31:27 PM

AdamWhite and TheDasher are probably not the same person, but AdamWhite and DrkLvr_ clearly are.   Cry

Using another account to get around a ban i.e. ban evasion => permaban.   Angry

Do you have any proof AdamWhite is DrkLvr_?

If you want a safe space to cheerlead for Dash without criticism, please fork off to DashTalk or some other circlejerk forum.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 10:36:31 PM

You would think, but apparently not always.

FrostStick

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:38:05 PM

This is pretty common on this forum. You've just got to accept the fact and move on. We all know who's right and who's wrong.
illodin

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:46:31 AM

AdamWhite and TheDasher are probably not the same person, but AdamWhite and DrkLvr_ clearly are.

If you want a safe space to cheerlead for Dash without criticism, please fork off to DashTalk or some other circlejerk forum.

First, please don't modify the text you quote from me as to appear I have posted something I haven't. Thanks.

Second, perhaps you don't realize that if everyone started doing what AdamWhite is doing this forum would become unreadable for everyone.

I have faith in mods that they are not as short sighted as you are.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 04:06:38 PM

Cry if everyone started doing what AdamWhite is doing this forum would become unreadable for everyone  Cry

Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 12:06:05 PM

Please stop polluting this thread with childish off-topic pictures. I know when you run out of arguments it's time to throw the tantrums but when you have no actual content to add it's better to be quiet. Go post your zero-content fluff in one of the Monero threads in the altcoin section instead. Thanks.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 12:59:55 PM

Please stop polluting this thread with childish off-topic pictures.

And that seems to annoy you to no end. I'd say he should keep on doing it.  Grin

illospin getting a taste of his own medicine  Sad
illodin

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 01:04:03 PM

Please try to keep it on topic. Thanks.

You can go post your autistic-obsessive off-topic bag-defender nonsense in the altcoin threads but this is Meta and adults are talking.
illodin

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:04:36 PM

[/thread]

So it appears accounts AdamWhite and TheDasher have been banned as they haven't posted anymore, but he has activated yet another account: DrkLvr_

Circumventing a ban by posting from another account, tsk tsk.

AdamWhite is MIA for >1 week but TheDasher is last active November 12.

Both came back from MIA last night within 10 minutes from each other. And I was pretty convinced TheDasher wasn't one of Adam's puppets. Still plausible though I suppose.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:15:53 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 02:53:23 PM by DrkLvr_

There are adults here, but you and aleix are not among them. You're a couple of crybabies who are highly invested in a shitcoin scam, and you don't want the truth about your coin being made public. What happened to "All publicity is good publicity" ? That's what you preach on the DASH thread, then you start your little topics in Meta to try and silence the critics. Typical Dashers, saying one thing and doing another.

Regarding the thread topic, I don't think professional trolls exist to the extent you'd like to believe they do. Satoshi put years of work into his brilliant invention, and then released it to the world without any expectations of financial reward because he thought it was the right thing to do. Yet you think individuals who believe in and appreciate Bitcoin and become aware of an organized, large-scale (in the context of most altcoins) shitcoin scam like DASH, won't spend a few hours sharing facts about a Development team that cloned Satoshi's invention and turned it into the fraudulent perversion DASH has become?

Please, crawl back into whatever hole you came from. Some more on-topic material: I'm neither The Dasher nor Adam White, but thanks for speculating.

illodin

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:32:58 PM

ad-hominems

Please tone down the ad-hominem attacks and try to discuss the issue at hand. Thanks.

I'm neither The Dasher nor Adam White, but thanks for speculating.

I'm reading through http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx18t.htm and was wondering what was the traumatic event in your life that caused the split.

Perhaps this will shed some light on the possible cause(s):

A little lunchtime tail.

DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:56:36 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 05:29:56 PM by DrkLvr_

You ask me to tone down the ad-hominems then launch an ad-hominem on someone else - typical Dashers, saying one thing and doing another.

Also, you must have missed this part of my on-topic response:

Regarding the thread topic, I don't think professional trolls exist to the extent you'd like to believe they do. Satoshi put years of work into his brilliant invention, and then released it to the world without any expectations of financial reward because he thought it was the right thing to do. Yet you think individuals who believe in and appreciate Bitcoin and become aware of an organized, large-scale (in the context of most altcoins) shitcoin scam like DASH, won't spend a few hours sharing facts about a Development team that cloned Satoshi's invention and turned it into the fraudulent perversion DASH has become?

Poor illodin Sad  He can't win an argument so he tries to ban people who criticize Dash coin Sad
illodin

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:47:09 PM

Poor illodin Sad  He can't win an argument so he tries to ban people who criticize Dashcoin Sad

Was that a Freudian slip caused by repressed memories being surfaced?

DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:26:08 PM

Poor illodin Sad  He can't win an argument so he tries to ban people who criticize Dash coin Sad

That's quite a spin even for you. Poor illospin, he tries so hard  Sad

I took the liberty of looking up Dashcoin on coinmarketcap..

currently 0.00000346 BTC,  did he buy Dashcoin at 25 satoshi?.. this is supposed to be traumatising to you?Huh..

illodin

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:41:03 PM

That's quite a spin even for you. Poor illodin, he tries so hard  Sad

I took the liberty of looking up Dashcoin on coinmarketcap..

currently 0.00000346 BTC,  did he buy Dashcoin at 25 satoshi?.. this is supposed to be traumatising to you?Huh..

Dashcoin has changed coin supply with 10,000 to 1 reduction since. So given the change in supply, the purchase in current terms was made actually at 25 * 10,000 = 0.0025 BTC.

I can appreciate the effort you're putting into this, but you need to try harder. Thanks.  Cheesy
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:18:43 PM

monero holder not only trolling Dash, they even trolling Bitcoin so their shit-coin can get some more value  Huh

"YourMother" also trolling all anon coin except monero

Please tell me you've already capitulated. We need you to reopen shorts when it actually does roll over.

Unfortunately i'm stuck with an altcoin that keeps devaluing because of this bulltard run and i cannot enjoy profiting from this. Bitcoin doubled from the point where i bought, but my altcoin went down 50 percent. If i sell my altcoin so i can dump Bitcoin, then there's a big possibility of seeing 220$ per BTC in the future (of course, after the ponzi collapses), but my altcoin doubling in price (regaining its former value) in the meantime.

Can't do much Smiley

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:29:43 PM

off topic

Still not sure what any of this has to do with with me or the thread topic, Professional Trolls. Please stay on topic  
aleix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:32:06 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 09:03:35 PM by aleix

Cross-quoted from another post:

Lauda said:
These situations are always quite complicated. I've used to watch DASH back when it was still DRK and I can only say that there was trolling and attacking even then. It might be worse now than it was. People are fighting over these tiny market coins like kids fighting over toys. Just imagine what would happen if it was more peaceful and people were actually working together (I guess this shows the average age/maturity of such people). If you think that someone or a group of people is just posting to troll (no useful content) you could summarize evidence and PM the moderator of that section and directly talk to him.

InvoKing said:
What i cannot understand here among other things is this dash story... Defenders vs attackers... Poll here, flaming topic there...
I would stay in the middle and say if someone don't like this coin or he thinks it is kind of scam, he only has to neglect it or put only 1 warning then simply go...Finally he will not loose anything and he ''warned'' the others.
(sorry if my post interrupts something here but this ''battle'' should end)

To summarize my position about this issue:

Some people in Bitcointalk think that Dash is a scam, an illegitimate coin that deserves to disappear. Almost all the usual critics are from the Monero currency community. There are some legitimate non-trolling debate (which is good) and people like smooth (dev of Monero) is a reader and post regularly in the Dash thread or in the altcoin section just to express critical opinions about Dash. No problem here.  

The problem is the escalation of some Monero supporters against Dash. People like Icebreaker, The Dasher, Adam (DrkLvr_ now). The problem is they are incapable of discredit the Dash currency enough to make the project fail. Most of the Dash community  don't care what they say, or they disagree in what is a scam or not, "bad" or "good" anonymity, "bad" or "good" crypto. People like me and many others.

Despite all their efforts Dash is doing fine, the devs are working and delivering, price is stable, etc...  And all these people are really angry. Maybe is because they believe the dash currency deserve to dissapear. Maybe is because some people invested a lot of money in the Monero currency, and they think Dash is the obstacle against his success. Or they belive they are vigilantes of crypto. Believe the explanation you want, I have my own opinion.  

That's the reason I started this topic in the meta section, with one very extreme case of troll: "the Dasher". Just to express a real concern.
I think some of the usual trolls are paid people. I think is impossible to have so much hate to post 4,5 per day against something.

With the responses of "Icebreaker" in this theread you can see the kind of people we are dealing with.  

I really like Bitcointalk. I love the international vibe we have here. In just one place you can follow all kind of devs and projects.

And I agree with InvoKing, this infantile war should stop.

Dash is not going to disappear. No matter the hard you can troll or fud. Sorry. If you don't like is ok. Don't buy and criticize it , but always in a reasonable way.

(excuse my grammar and vocabulary mistakes, english is my third language)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: