Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IXC] iXcoin - Bitcoin's Twin Brother  (Read 2706 times)
crypto.tornado (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:43:17 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 06:51:51 PM by crypto.tornado

iXcoin (IXC)

Official Forum: ixc.boards.net
Bitcointalk threads: Ixcoin TODO, Ixcoin Riddle, MeMiCA

Specifications

Launched (first block mined): April 29, 2011
21 million maximum coin cap
10 minute block times
2016 block difficulty reset period
Merge mined with Bitcoin

iXcoin was released in April of 2011 in a manner similar to Bitcoin. The creator used the pseudonym of Thomas Nasakioto and has kept a very low profile ever since. It is essentially a clone of Bitcoin, with the same 10 minute block times and 21 million coin maximum.

One key difference from Bitcoin is that iXcoin was mined at a faster rate, so it was fully mined by October 13, 2014. It now relies on transaction fees to pay miners. Another difference is iXcoin's merged mining capability. Early in 2012 iXcoin added merged mining to boost its mining support. Some complain that Bitcoin, although revolutionary as a currency, wastes energy because it must be “mined” continuously to produce new coins and to secure it from network attacks. Mining requires significant computing power, but merged mining, it can be argued, puts iXcoin in the green category because it shares mining power with Bitcoin and other merged mined coins. Such mining allows multiple crypto-currencies to be secured by sharing 99% of their computing resources with each other. Thus the “added” computing power required by iXcoin is quite low. Merged mining is green mining.

What sets iXcoin apart from other crypto-currencies? iXcoin is in a unique position. It has a fixed 21 million coin maximum for the number of coins which will ever be created. Many of the other leading coins do not have a fixed cap. A definite maximum gives investors the ability to better gauge long term value, and removes any fear that inflation from oversupply will eat away at the value of their coins. Such has been the dilemma for decades with traditional government backed currencies, and iXcoin will not repeat such mistakes. Furthermore, about 98% of competing coins have lower network hash rates and are therefore less secure. This leaves iXcoin in a unique position of being one of the oldest, most mined, most secure, and most efficient of the crypto-coins.

WePromoteCrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:43:46 PM

Reading

Why a new ANN? What's wrong with the original one, or the one created yesterday? Tongue
powerfull

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:46:12 PM

its old coin ann again and again.
crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:56:09 PM

I just wanted to start the thread clean now that I have the design pretty well set.

tarrier

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:35:06 AM

Holy
Launched (first block mined): April 29, 2011...   it is like age 70 compare to human...
zoneout

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:15:43 PM

Why open new thread for old coins? Huh
crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:42:50 AM

If anything, iXcoin has historically had far fewer threads than most other coins, new or old.  We're over due for a few more.  We've been needing a thread to consolidate iXcoin information and make announcements.  Here it is.

diks
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:50:52 AM

mail from cex.io

GHash.IO pool will be stopped. GHash.IO multipool will be suspended as well.

Hence, the following altcoins will be removed from CEX.IO exchange:
IXC, DVC, POT, ANC, MEC, WDC, FTC, DGB, USDE, MYR, AUR.

crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

CEX.io was holding back iXcoin anyway since they wouldn't upgrade their wallet.  Maybe now we can get everyone upgraded to 0.9.3 and move on to better options.

crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:57:28 PM

Plus, of the two exchanges CEX.io has a tenth the ixcoin volume of Cryptsy.  So it shouldn't affect trading so much... unless Cryptsy bails too.  Just in case, we need to work on getting ixcoin on more exchanges.
crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:32:04 PM

Some of the videos are hilarious by the way.  I don't know who did them, but they're well done.

ushuai

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:16:06 AM

Some of the videos are hilarious by the way.  I don't know who did them, but they're well done.

I like them.  lol.
crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:05:33 AM

iXcoin is on a new exchange.  Appears to be a clone of Cryptsy.

https://www.bitebi9.com/markets/view/IXC_CNY

Exchange is brand new so we'll see if it lasts.

3cryo

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:39:55 PM

iXcoin is on a new exchange.  Appears to be a clone of Cryptsy.

https://www.bitebi9.com/markets/view/IXC_CNY

Exchange is brand new so we'll see if it lasts.

I not able to create an account on bitebi9.

Has anyone been able to create one?

Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:27:03 PM

My suggestion for not only ixcoin but i0, dev etc. is to add in atomic exchanges with bitcoin.

This tech appears to be nearly ready.

And in my opinion is the next evolutionary step for altcoins. And it fixes issues such as what exchange is selling ixcoin.

Another forum member is actually working with me to test the use of CLTV (CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY) with a P2SH to achieve ACCT using Bitcoin.

If this can work then it would mean that the AT ACCT which has already been functioning on Qora and Burst for many months would allow either of those wallets to behave as P2P trading markets between themselves or Bitcoin.

My guess is that Litecoin (which generally tries to keep up with Bitcoin changes) will also be adopting CLTV sometime soon.

crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:17:32 PM

My suggestion for not only ixcoin but i0, dev etc. is to add in atomic exchanges with bitcoin.

This tech appears to be nearly ready.

And in my opinion is the next evolutionary step for altcoins. And it fixes issues such as what exchange is selling ixcoin.

Another forum member is actually working with me to test the use of CLTV (CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY) with a P2SH to achieve ACCT using Bitcoin.

If this can work then it would mean that the AT ACCT which has already been functioning on Qora and Burst for many months would allow either of those wallets to behave as P2P trading markets between themselves or Bitcoin.

My guess is that Litecoin (which generally tries to keep up with Bitcoin changes) will also be adopting CLTV sometime soon.

Great idea.  Who can make that happen?
kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:36:48 PM

Check out the latest ixcoin website update at http://ixcoin.info

crypto.tornado (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:46:02 PM