Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-15] A terrorist bitcoin account allegedly contains 3 million dollars  (Read 493 times)
milaliss (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:50:56 PM

A terrorist bitcoin account allegedly contains 3 million dollars
The bitcoin equivalent of $3 million has been found on an account allegedly belonging to a person connected with ISIL.
http://www.coinfox.info/news/3720-a-terrorist-bitcoin-account-allegedly-contains-3-million-dollars
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:04:11 PM

this article is based on bullshit....

https://blockchain.info/address/1MfUH1ThpU1dMjBAc5jcewLToE2efQxu7K
is the aleged adress and you can se no 3.000.000 in BTC....

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:58:08 AM

Agree it's likely bullshit, but they never revealed the address they allege was being used by Isis (I think the entire existence of Isis is bullshit, but that's besides the point)

That address you reference is a donation link for the "anti-Isis" hacker group.

This whole thing is one big sad joke. Case in point pulled from the article here -> http://www.networkworld.com/article/3005308/security/hacktivists-claim-isis-terrorists-linked-to-paris-attacks-had-bitcoin-funding.html

After the Charlie Hebdo massacre, France passed an “intrusive” surveillance bill, granting the government the power “to wiretap communications, install secret surveillance cameras and sweep up metadata.” That didn’t stop the horrific attacks on Paris, aka “Paris’ 9/11,” and more ubiquitous and invasive surveillance is not the answer. Matthew Williams, a researcher of computational criminology at Cardiff University in Wales, told Mic that “picking out singular acts of crime or terror from an indiscriminate pile of civilian noise is all but impossible.”

The wiretaps and surveillance are not being done to prevent attacks; rather, the attacks are being orchestrated to promote more wiretaps and surveillance.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 10:21:56 AM

Articles like that totally piss me off.The author should slap his own face for writing such a piece of crap.
This is pure FUD and spreading lies! Angry
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 12:51:18 PM

This particular address is donation address for the Ghost Security Group, not IS.

I agree, I'm very sceptical about authenticity of this story. They rely on anonymous source and fail to provide the address(es) in question.

To me, it looks like made-up controversy to drive more traffic.

That being said, it's perfectly possible that someone organised BTC donation address for IS, but I don't think the IS would have much use of bitcoins, unless they were able to cross the borders with countries with BTC/fiat exchanges. Even if, I don't think they would bother, as they did have much larger revenue source.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀