Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:45:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ● Why Bitcoin is Not Mainstream Yet & my Suggestions! ●  (Read 4386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Straux

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:26:21 PM

There aren't really many advertising campaigns for Bitcoin, as usually the owner/creator of a good advertises the good. But since Satoshi is gone, we have to advertise. The problem is, some people don't want to sacrifice their money to help Bitcoin. I cetainly would try if there was a campaign.

Great list though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:31:00 PM

Nice research but honestly it all comes down to just being too complicated and hard to understand for common people. Most of Bitcoin userbase is very tech savvy, they work with computers (not just using smartphone, but they are professionals in the field, engineers, web designers, developers, etc). It's a great unique and disruptive idea, similar to when Internet started but don't expect to be massively embraced anytime soon. Its technology is what's so great so maybe in 5-10 years the concept to new generations would be more innate.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:36:07 PM

The same question could be asked about internet. "Why didn't it become mainstream from the day it got discovered?"

People are just not aware of its potential, they're not informed, they haven't heard of it.
There's lack of interest as well, because of media hyping the "bad" things about it. How people buy drugs, or how they fund terrorist organizations, etc.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:42:45 PM

The same question could be asked about internet. "Why didn't it become mainstream from the day it got discovered?"

People are just not aware of its potential, they're not informed, they haven't heard of it.
There's lack of interest as well, because of media hyping the "bad" things about it. How people buy drugs, or how they fund terrorist organizations, etc.

I don't think they haven't heard about Bitcoin, it is out there, it's just not needed at all. But maybe sometime it will be needed since we all agree its technology is unique and disruptive like the internet was in 90s.

And all you said well, we can't deny that Silk Road happened and there were many scandals. The black market still moves plenty of BTC per day every day. I know that fiat money does the same but still. With some more years and development under its belt I know it will evolve and become more stable in price (price volatility is still a huge issue in adoption, that's a fact).
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:46:02 PM

I don't think they haven't heard about Bitcoin, it is out there, it's just not needed at all. But maybe sometime it will be needed since we all agree its technology is unique and disruptive like the internet was in 90s.

And all you said well, we can't deny that Silk Road happened and there were many scandals. The black market still moves plenty of BTC per day every day. I know that fiat money does the same but still. With some more years and development under its belt I know it will evolve and become more stable in price (price volatility is still a huge issue in adoption, that's a fact).
It's still funny although, how people think that bitcoin is "evil" man made "currency" and they're being advised to avoid it. While FIAT is moving the entire man-made slavery system, drug markets, weapon markets and all the bad things.

Well, guess people will wake up one day and realize what's going on.
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:15:26 PM

Nice research but honestly it all comes down to just being too complicated and hard to understand for common people. Most of Bitcoin userbase is very tech savvy, they work with computers (not just using smartphone, but they are professionals in the field, engineers, web designers, developers, etc). It's a great unique and disruptive idea, similar to when Internet started but don't expect to be massively embraced anytime soon. Its technology is what's so great so maybe in 5-10 years the concept to new generations would be more innate.

Everyone has a smartphone.

Webwallet+ smartphone. Every person with an IQ over 70 should be able to use that, there is no reason why they cant.

And if they cant, then they should use bitcoin debit card. And those that are entirely technically illiterate like the old people, they should use precious metals then.

Problem solved.

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:13:16 AM

Everyone has a smartphone.

Webwallet+ smartphone. Every person with an IQ over 70 should be able to use that, there is no reason why they cant.

And if they cant, then they should use bitcoin debit card. And those that are entirely technically illiterate like the old people, they should use precious metals then.

Problem solved.

No they shouldn't and they won't, why? Because there is no need for Bitcoin for these people. I don't actually use Bitcoin, it's a complete hassle to buy it alone to then find a store than accept it? It's just not there yet for that purpose. It is of course a new way of thinking about money in this new digital world but that doesn't mean that we should force it down people's throats. Credit cards and paypal do a perfectly good job for most people without all the complications of decimals, converting fiat to bitcoin, wallets, keys and more. Be honest and accept that no average woman would use that anytime soon. I don't say it in a bad way, woman acceptance factor is a deal breaker. But I'm not worried about that because Bitcoin is still developing, I just feel it still can't find its niche or become the standard method of payment for something.
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:21:35 AM

No they shouldn't and they won't, why? Because there is no need for Bitcoin for these people. I don't actually use Bitcoin, it's a complete hassle to buy it alone to then find a store than accept it? It's just not there yet for that purpose. It is of course a new way of thinking about money in this new digital world but that doesn't mean that we should force it down people's throats. Credit cards and paypal do a perfectly good job for most people without all the complications of decimals, converting fiat to bitcoin, wallets, keys and more. Be honest and accept that no average woman would use that anytime soon. I don't say it in a bad way, woman acceptance factor is a deal breaker. But I'm not worried about that because Bitcoin is still developing, I just feel it still can't find its niche or become the standard method of payment for something.

Alrigt then 1st world is not using bitcoin yet (yes they are the most tech savy still).

But what about the countries with crumbling economies (S America, Africa, SE Asia). They have big demand for store of value, and precious metals are not safe in a bad neighborhood or looting governments.

The 1st world will hop in, after many services will be available, we are working on that, but let's speed up the process.

Instead of 30 years, why not wait 3 years only to take off Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: