Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining question  (Read 2521 times)
j1pvt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:36:26 PM

The next difficulty is estimated to rise about 20%. That is a lot. I wonder if the S5 is still profitable for the next month.

a single s5 can earn you $90 per month, with a 0.05 per hour for electricity cost, you have only a consumption of $21

so it's still profitable, because when we were at 0.011 earning the price was only 230, now it's double that, but the earning is not half of it...

But what happens when all the halving has taken place and we hit the proposed 21 000 000 total bitcoins.
The difficulty is already knocking out the small individuals who are presumably the life and blood of the whole system...
Does the whole currency then get sold back to highest bidder ie: illuminati banksters and we are back to square one again..??
How does mining carry on after that if there are no rewards coming from the blockchain ... ??
How does the whole currency perpetuate into the future ... ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:48:32 AM

The next difficulty is estimated to rise about 20%. That is a lot. I wonder if the S5 is still profitable for the next month.

a single s5 can earn you $90 per month, with a 0.05 per hour for electricity cost, you have only a consumption of $21

so it's still profitable, because when we were at 0.011 earning the price was only 230, now it's double that, but the earning is not half of it...

But what happens when all the halving has taken place and we hit the proposed 21 000 000 total bitcoins.
The difficulty is already knocking out the small individuals who are presumably the life and blood of the whole system...
Does the whole currency then get sold back to highest bidder ie: illuminati banksters and we are back to square one again..??
How does mining carry on after that if there are no rewards coming from the blockchain ... ??
How does the whole currency perpetuate into the future ... ??

ah the infamous fee era, simply miner will live from the fee made from each transaction, which will have a far greater value(supposedly, otherwise bitcoin is most likely died by that time)
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:33:20 AM

Don't worry, if you have free electricity then you'll be fine and eventually find a block. I for myself am running an Antminer U3 solo and I know a have little chances but still, I prefer to take them!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:30:29 AM

Don't worry, if you have free electricity then you'll be fine and eventually find a block. I for myself am running an Antminer U3 solo and I know a have little chances but still, I prefer to take them!

Not necessarily I think miners have a lifespan of a few year's.   So plugging in a miner even if free electricity unless you have a lot of hash, just is not guarenteed you will hit a block.

The more hash added to network the less likely.  So if anything the longer it takes the less chance of you hitting it as network growth.
RastoMan

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:59:45 PM

Using U3 might take decades to find a block. With the increase of difficulty, there is almost no chance to find a block.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 08:41:22 PM

Not necessarily I think miners have a lifespan of a few year's.  
Even years is hopeful. In my experience of the short time that mining hardware has existed, 9 months is more likely as an average. Might be longer in a nice clean cool datacentre but most of us don't have that luxury.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: