Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233183 times)
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:06:41 PM

People are addictive into gambling because of aiming to win the game to cover the loses. Also, greediness is hard to control over the game. Suffering already on lose and much money but still willing to gamble, its been addicted to gamble. But the solution on this kind of problem is to control the emotion and also to find others activity that may forgot to gamble.
oceanriver

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:14:58 PM

because you can make a lot of money out of it
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:20:57 PM

Winning money through gambling gives us a huge dopamine response (reward system that feels great).  Once that fades, we would naturally want to have that feeling again by winning.  Some people are better at managing this with logic and rationale or even fear, but others are dopamine fiends and need to continue to play.
I completely agree with your opinion , people did not realize about this situation directly.
But by keep chasing the lost you have , and desire to win more and more money it is shows how get hooked you are.
Be logic sometimes not guarantee you anything to control yourself to not get addicted

Yeah treating gambling as a source of income, where you "need" to end on top...I think that's where it starts to get dangerous.

If you go in with money that is acceptable to lose, and understand the odds are against you, but you just might luck out, then it's fine.  This goes for games where you're playing against the house.  For playing poker against other people, then it depends on your ability to play relative to your peers.

Logic would keep you from being addicted, which is more of an impulsive/emotional response.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:42:57 PM

There are many factors why people become addicted to gambling one of them is influence of friendship and this happens a lot, people who has a friend hobby gamble, then gradually he will also plunge to try to play, and likely will be a gambler who addicted.

Having a friend that is also like to gamble is not going to motivate me no matter what. I prefer to play alone and also chat with stranger on the site. Sometimes even when Im not playing, I prefer to chat with few friend that I made on the site and the experience for that is very priceless
Lontongpangsit

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:57:13 PM

So guys just stop gambling or doing some demo gambling? Because well if we can't afford there is no point to play.
I think is nice to play with the big money maybe twice a years or just once for fun and maybe earn a lot of money if you are lucky
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:14:20 PM

People are addictive into gambling because of aiming to win the game to cover the loses. Also, greediness is hard to control over the game. Suffering already on lose and much money but still willing to gamble, its been addicted to gamble. But the solution on this kind of problem is to control the emotion and also to find others activity that may forgot to gamble.
in fact people consider gambling the only hope trough which they can make a lot of money without any hard work or education. because in most of gambling games we even do not need for any experience and skill therefore people when disappointed from different places attracted by the gambling to make more money in a very very short period of time but in fact they even lose their own invested money in gambling.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Angel777

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:23:28 PM

If you win in rhe game i have a feliing to be happy then.Until you win,you want everything  will go back to me that all.Maybe ill be often playing game because i want to win alsso
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:30:59 AM

Winning money through gambling gives us a huge dopamine response (reward system that feels great).  Once that fades, we would naturally want to have that feeling again by winning.  Some people are better at managing this with logic and rationale or even fear, but others are dopamine fiends and need to continue to play.
I completely agree with your opinion , people did not realize about this situation directly.
But by keep chasing the lost you have , and desire to win more and more money it is shows how get hooked you are.
Be logic sometimes not guarantee you anything to control yourself to not get addicted

Yeah treating gambling as a source of income, where you "need" to end on top...I think that's where it starts to get dangerous.

If you go in with money that is acceptable to lose, and understand the odds are against you, but you just might luck out, then it's fine.  This goes for games where you're playing against the house.  For playing poker against other people, then it depends on your ability to play relative to your peers.

Logic would keep you from being addicted, which is more of an impulsive/emotional response.
Yeaaa sometimes you really need to completely understand about how the odds always against you to avoid confusing and some curious feeling too keep trying and choose on that trap odds right?
But still as at the first place basically gambling itself contains something addictive then you should be careful that more than 50% you will get addicted in the end.
easynote

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:46:17 PM

There are many factors why people become addicted to gambling one of them is influence of friendship and this happens a lot, people who has a friend hobby gamble, then gradually he will also plunge to try to play, and likely will be a gambler who addicted.

I think they are just satisfied when they are winning and dont noticed the fact that they are losing. we all know that we are satisfied when we win on something and thats why they are addicted to gambling.
That feeling of satisfaction is the main reason why people like to gamble. The whole gambling for money is kind of weird in the average person’s view plus I have a feeling that they already know that already since going all in inside of a bet is a really funny method to losing a bunch of money if things go wrong.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:29:00 AM

Yeaaa sometimes you really need to completely understand about how the odds always against you to avoid confusing and some curious feeling too keep trying and choose on that trap odds right?
But still as at the first place basically gambling itself contains something addictive then you should be careful that more than 50% you will get addicted in the end.

Yeah I do find that people that do enjoy gambling often (that are not professional), don't have a good understanding of how odds work, or what the odds are for games that they do play.  It would be more based on intuition, luck, or superstition.

I remember enjoying Finite in high school, mainly because a lot of the course was focused on probability, and many examples would be based on card or table games, to calculate odds.

Gambling does seem to fill a void for some.  Those with a fulfilling life are more likely to resist falling into the trap...but when you don't have a lot going for you, it may seem like a way to acquire wealth.  Undecided
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004

SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:41:57 AM

I think they are just satisfied when they are winning and dont noticed the fact that they are losing. we all know that we are satisfied when we win on something and thats why they are addicted to gambling.
That feeling of satisfaction is the main reason why people like to gamble. The whole gambling for money is kind of weird in the average person’s view plus I have a feeling that they already know that already since going all in inside of a bet is a really funny method to losing a bunch of money if things go wrong.

Unrelenting satisfaction is also one of the reasons why gambling is so addictive. Many people have been corrupted by gambling, but they still play it, it happens because they feel that gambling is a game that really makes people curious

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1305

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 08:08:54 AM

Well people who value the cost of hard work would not really agree since people have to work hard to earn money. However brats who have a huge fortune to waste can agree to it. Even if you have a huge inheritance property you should save it and start earnings through better methods and not gamble your money away. Since what can happen to someone in future, no one knows for sure.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Quietman

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:55:49 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Gambling is so addicting because once you win, you want to win more and more while once you lose, you want to get back what you have lost.  People want to win more because it's human nature.  Being contented is hard when you feel your so lucky so they continue to gamble until they lost all the money they bring.  And when people lose from gambling, feeling of emptiness and being stupid will conquer them and nobody wants that feeling so they will do everything to get back what they have lost until they will forget who really they are, their priorities in life, and their health conditions and gambling become their priority.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:04:28 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Gambling is so addicting because once you win, you want to win more and more while once you lose, you want to get back what you have lost.  People want to win more because it's human nature.  Being contented is hard when you feel your so lucky so they continue to gamble until they lost all the money they bring.  And when people lose from gambling, feeling of emptiness and being stupid will conquer them and nobody wants that feeling so they will do everything to get back what they have lost until they will forget who really they are, their priorities in life, and their health conditions and gambling become their priority.
But many people also feel addicted when they lose, in their minds that they will win the next game. So, win or lose in my opinion will both cause addiction. Such as his slogan that gambling is a high risk game because it can make us addicted under any circumstances.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:06:48 AM

But many people also feel addicted when they lose, in their minds that they will win the next game. So, win or lose in my opinion will both cause addiction. Such as his slogan that gambling is a high risk game because it can make us addicted under any circumstances.

No one is getting excited when they lose, the correct word for this is getting tensed. When you lose there will be a tensed feeling that made you want to try again. The feeling of not losing to anything is actually what made this thing happened, afterall it is in our nature and we could only control it so that it wont really get into our nerves
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:10:48 AM

It's not just about winning a lot of money. It's more complicated. They lose money, they end up chasing their losses. When they get to recover their loss, they feel good. Also getting lucky and winning big makes them feel good. This "good feeling" is what that makes them addicted to gambling.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
shine1123

Activity: 490

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:20:40 AM

I think the main problem why is gambling so addicting because gambling provide a way to make the gamblers rich in a second. That's why many people keep coming back and a new gambler also coming too.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄  
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:11:42 AM

I think the main problem why is gambling so addicting because gambling provide a way to make the gamblers rich in a second. That's why many people keep coming back and a new gambler also coming too.

Everything that involved money should be addictive. Most people want to be rich and thats what drive alot of people to try it. Almost everyone that try it for the first time will end up losing everything and will bring more money to wager. Thats how things become addictive to everyone when they try it the first time
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:02:08 PM

It's not just about winning a lot of money. It's more complicated. They lose money, they end up chasing their losses. When they get to recover their loss, they feel good. Also getting lucky and winning big makes them feel good. This "good feeling" is what that makes them addicted to gambling.

Indeed, that is why most of the people who have tried gambling have gone addicted on it, the losses that they are having everyday is the one keeping them on the gambling world, believing that they could make a lot of money on it, but the truth is they can't, because they are going to lose most of the time especially when the odds is not on their favor.

Gambling is a very risky game, that is why it is addicting, we are getting challenged by the house, which is the reason why we are getting hype out and gamble more of our money, trust me, the only people who are getting benefited on gambling is those who are lucky on this thing.
Viyamore

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:13:29 PM

Yeah and its more on chasing the losses and the greediness to earn more money in gambling .If a player experience already to win a big jackpot he will be more have a confident to try his luck again and play .That good feeling is only good if you have but if not it will be replaced by a greediness if you not know how to control yourself.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: