Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is ISIS really using Bitcoin?  (Read 5152 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:36:38 PM

In recent Paris attack The Anti-terrorism group of ethical hackers, Ghost Security Group (GSG), said that ISIS regularly uses cryptocurrencies to fund its terrorist operations and they have have found a BTC address associated with them and found that they have worth 3 million bitcoin in there account!
That's really disgusting!

Sources: http://thehackernews.com/2015/11/paris-attacks-isis-funding.html
              https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ghostsec-isis-bitcoin-wallet-worth-3-million/

Show your support for People of Paris using this signature code
Code:
[center][B][size=6][color=blue]PRAY[/color] [color=#ffffff]FOR[/color] [color=red]PARIS[/color][/size][/B][/center]
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:41:06 PM

They haven't show us yet any solid proof about this
But then, i think there's nothing wrong with BTC used as illegal stuff
You know, way back before Bitcoin exist this kind of group of terrorist already using Gold,Fiat, any sort of currency for their transactions Roll Eyes
Bitcoin is not the culprit in here, anything can be illegal if it was used in the wrong way Wink
The only thing i worried about this is that people would be scared of using bitcoin and thus not making bitcoin mainstream Sad
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:45:47 PM

They haven't show us yet any solid proof about this
But then, i think there's nothing wrong with BTC used as illegal stuff
You know, way back before Bitcoin exist this kind of group of terrorist already using Gold,Fiat, any sort of currency for their transactions Roll Eyes
Bitcoin is not the culprit in here, anything can be illegal if it was used in the wrong way Wink
The only thing i worried about this is that people would be scared of using bitcoin and thus not making bitcoin mainstream Sad

Also giving bad repo to Bitcoin and discouraging other people.
If they have any proof they should take an action against that Bitcoin account!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:47:10 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/06/12/isis-just-stole-425-million-and-became-the-worlds-richest-terrorist-group/

They have many more millions in dollars... of course tho Bitcoin is going to be used by the bad guys too, but guess what the internet gets used by the bad guys too. Innovation will always be used for good or bad just like everything else.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:47:37 PM

In recent Paris attack The Anti-terrorism group of ethical hackers, Ghost Security Group (GSG), said that ISIS regularly uses cryptocurrencies to fund its terrorist operations and they have have found a BTC address associated with them and found that they have worth 3 million bitcoin in there account!

Code:
[center][B][size=6][color=blue]PRAY[/color] [color=#ffffff]FOR[/color] [color=red]PARIS[/color][/size][/B][/center]

Even if it's true information, i don't think it will affect Bitcoin, because fiat is used as well by terrorists before the creation of this cryptocurrency and this don't affect fiat, people can using the money (fiat or cryptocurrencies) for legal or illegal purposes
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:55:29 PM

Maybe yes maybe no. as we know it today bitcoin is very often used illegally, and therefore could ISIS use bitcoin to buy weapons or other equipment
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

If someone says that these guys use Bitcoin, I believe in them... Just like it's a fantastic tool for regular people, it's also a fantastic tool for terrorist groups, unfortunately. But I'd definitely like to see those addresses and proof to who they belong.
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:27:41 PM

Maybe they use Bitcoin but I hope not.

Well people say they use because with bitcoin you can buy illegal stuff that is why.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 06:08:51 PM

It is very likely that they are using it. They prize to be able to move around any country by infiltration of yihadist among normal citizens, so How come they would not use a kind of money you can transfer from a country to another with almost no fees, without banks intermediation and with no question asked? The logical thing to think is they are using it.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:20:32 PM

There is a lot of site on the Darkweb that permit you to fund islamic terrorism, so this don't surprise me a lot. Some of them might be fraudulent but I'm afraid that some might also be legit Undecided...
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:23:53 PM

Ignore this sht they r trading n making money of exchanges isnt that the reason for most of these stories

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:07:45 PM

Does anybody know these guys' private keys? I imagine we could put some hurt on them if we exerted ourselves a little bit. Tongue Wink
Bifta

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:19:33 PM

Even if this is true, thats change nothing. For many years they used fiat currencies and nobody make problems. If they want they can pay in pokemon tokens..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:28:55 PM

the real question is, is this beneficial for bitcoin? yes? then who care let them use it

no? then ok they are probably going to use this for something small not going to impact the bitcoin scene to much, and btw this was not a recent news, it was said early this year already...

now we are at the stage of repeating the same fud, very nice...
PAKYU

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:35:29 PM

There is a lot of site on the Darkweb that permit you to fund islamic terrorism, so this don't surprise me a lot. Some of them might be fraudulent but I'm afraid that some might also be legit Undecided...

And who knows behind the name of "islamic terrorism" there is something else. Because you know it is darknet. Noone knows the real truth.
Bitcoin was bad because of this shitty news.
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:38:40 PM

Code:

Hello!!

Oil is main source or isis and al-qaida fundation. In here Finland theres program about it.
Bitcoin funding terrorism, that is bullshit.

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6154

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:40:41 PM

Yes , they are also using cars and planes and fiat and things that other people use but that doesn't mean anything . Does it ? the problem is the media who are trying (for one reason or another) to show people that Bitcoin is only for Blackhat hackers , Criminals and terrorists .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bifta

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:53:05 PM

Yes , they are also using cars and planes and fiat and things that other people use but that doesn't mean anything . Does it ? the problem is the media who are trying (for one reason or another) to show people that Bitcoin is only for Blackhat hackers , Criminals and terrorists .

You have right. Only Banksters and Governments are affraid of Bitcoin and they produce media campaigns against Bitcoin. When Bitcoin will be stronger the attacks will be stronger. We have to get used to it
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:20:25 PM

Bitcoin is a free and decentralized software that can be used by everyone so it wouldn't surprise me that they are really using Bitcoin. If this would make their dirty endeavors easier and more efficient then they might be using it.

They are also using Internet and Internet makes their endeavors easier. I wonder should we then ban Internet as well. Fiat as well, etc..

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 08:44:51 PM

I guess we'll never know 100% sure if they transfer money via Bitcoin or not..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: