Bitcoin Forum
March 21, 2019, 01:23:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184290 times)
BlackRock

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:35:55 PM

I think its pretty difficult to do that, because it has a bad name.The most stores are not convinced by the bitcoin.
The first you need to explain and introduce to them what is bitcoin, after that you need to convert bitcoin to fiat every day to state the selling bitcoin price and then does infrastructure for bitcoin payment already available for the store
I think to encourage still need a lot of things to cover and to improve

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
100% New Software
PC, Mac, Android, & HTML5 Clients
Krill Rakeback
Low Rake
Bitcoin Poker 3.0
Bad Beat Jackpot
SwC Poker Relaunch
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrPhil

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:25:12 AM

I think we need to have a canvass need to explain more and more so that it should know by all people and if they know they can accept btc im sure because btc makes our world complete
investorck

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:07:46 PM

Local businesses accepting bitcoin is only a matter of time. I believe when their competitors start accepting them, they will have no choice but to follow swift which will in turn trigger more businesses to start accepting the coin. I believe 2018 is a going to be phenomenal year concerning bitcoin acceptance with local businesses.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:43:00 PM

With the value of Bitcoin now, I do not want local businesses to accept BTC payments because they might just benefit huge time from it when its value will soar even higher in the future. Not to be greedy but I just want to make sure I realize my profits since it is I who invested in it years ago.

My view on this dramatically changed since I have seen so much possibilities in Bitcoin, especially now that it is not yet regulated. I do not know how its performance will be when it will be regulated. Hence, until that day comes, I will make the most of my Bitcoins.
Granxis

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 06:38:48 PM

Local businesses accepting bitcoin is only a matter of time. I believe when their competitors start accepting them, they will have no choice but to follow swift which will in turn trigger more businesses to start accepting the coin. I believe 2018 is a going to be phenomenal year concerning bitcoin acceptance with local businesses.
There may be some improvement in 2018 but in general companies do not recognize Bitcoin. Especially the international companies are more knowledgeable, but the local companies usually like to work with concrete things. In particular, Bitcoin is a bit more stable these days, companies need to know Bitcoin.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
fullhdpixel

Activity: 924
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:17:13 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
I think the first thing that you can do was to conduct an orientation for those local business you want to encourage.
And in this orientation you should promote how useful btc was.
Then,  told them the advantage of having bitcoin now adays.
Say that it was the new trend of currency.
Encouragement is good idea but its not long lasting because what matters more is the awareness of the people and once they become aware of the idea behind the bitcoin, it will motivate them automatically to start trading in the bitcoins.

Also it depends upon the knowledge factor and how much literate the business man is, if he is well educated, likely chances are that he will already start dealing in the btc.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

iOPlay NowOi

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
FirEaSeA

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:54:09 AM

I think it's going to be more easy now because MCDonalds is confirmed accepting bitcoin so I'm sure big or small businesses will follow.
skillink

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:43:25 AM

You have a good mission, but this does not seem to be easy because you have to trust the shops to receive Bitcoin, you also need to explain about the fluctuating bitcoin price and most importantly the government does not prohibit the country from using Bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 1092
Merit: 532

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:30:33 PM

I think it's going to be more easy now because MCDonalds is confirmed accepting bitcoin so I'm sure big or small businesses will follow.
That's a good initiative coming from a big company and they will now start accepting bitcoin for buying a happy meal or big mac. Small businesses will now change their point of view about bitcoin because we know how big Mcdonalds as a company. Skeptic business owners that doesn't have any interest or belief with bitcoin will now have a delight and clear understanding that bitcoin is a real currency. By this moment, we don't have to work for it already when it comes to encouraging local businesses. Mcdonalds will do the favor for us.

roy12875

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:39:00 AM

Actually, we have to explain what the bitcoin is. How to set up a wallet, trade real money because not everyone understand how it work. Buti think this is not easy to let local businesses to accept BTC because bitcoin has a difference price everyday. We dont know what price will btc stay. For example, if you buy a house. This is a big price, but it go down 10% suddenly. That's means the company lose much money.

francis2

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:12:09 AM

show them the positive side of having btc as payment. also show the potential of btc growth in months and years passed by.
That is not enough of encouraging businesses to get into bitcoin. You should let them know too what are the negative thing in bitcoin (I can't tell if there's any but only the price movement).

As they accept bitcoin they already investing in it so thats  dual purpose for accepting.
Bitcoin has defects, bitcoin is not perfect, one of the biggest issues with bitcoin has to do with the speed of confirmation and the high fees.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:11:46 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
I think the first thing that you can do was to conduct an orientation for those local business you want to encourage.
And in this orientation you should promote how useful btc was.
Then,  told them the advantage of having bitcoin now adays.
Say that it was the new trend of currency.
Exactly, we should first encourage local merchants, explain what it is, what it is born from, how the network works (as btc arrives and leaves) and for this we must be extraordinarily familiar (explain well exemplifying current news) and patients many traditionalists hate new ideas), since most sellers are still attached to the old payment model (fiat, credit, check) so accepting a new form of payment is sure to be a slow and steady process.
XFlowZion

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:20:31 AM

Local businesses will be very hesitant to accept it except if they are willing to take the risk and most importantly if they are just starting up. I've seen restaurants that have done than and so far so good.
fabrizoc

Activity: 391

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:28:33 PM

It is just a matter of time. I am very much sure that things will be in favor of bitcoin in the next coming days. All those who are sitting in local business market just wants to be sure that bitcoin will not disappoint them. Therefore, they are not taking such kind of step and are waiting for the things to get better. They will start accepting bitcoin after some time when they will realize the worth of bitcoin.

XinXan

Activity: 980
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:08:20 PM

It is just a matter of time. I am very much sure that things will be in favor of bitcoin in the next coming days. All those who are sitting in local business market just wants to be sure that bitcoin will not disappoint them. Therefore, they are not taking such kind of step and are waiting for the things to get better. They will start accepting bitcoin after some time when they will realize the worth of bitcoin.

Why would they do that? There is no value in accepting bitcoin as payment. Huge volatility plus huge fees is not good for the buyer nor the seller. Someone buys something worth a few bitcoins from you and the next day bitcoin is down 2k dollars, you are just losing money unless you sell instantly but if you are going to sell instantly what's the point of accepting bitcoins?

██████████████████████████
████2'''''''[██████''''`Y███
██`███.   ,███'  Y█b      `███
██  `██████P'     Y██.     ]██
██    `███b█_      `██.     ██
██    ,████P████o_  `██L   ]██
███_  d█PY█b ``█████oo██b ,██
███████P  Y█b     ``████████
██ `████.  ██L       ,██████
██  d█P████]██p   _████'██[`██
██ ,██'  `█████p,████' ,██[ `██
██ ██P      `█████'    ]██[  d█
██d██     ,████████.   ]██[  d██
████' _o████'    `███. ]██[ ,██
████o████'         `███d██',██
██████L______________.██████
b e t f o r m
SMART CONTRACT POWERED
SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
A b o u t
u s
Betform mission is to establish ourselves
as a top decentralized social betting platform
that offer players wide range of multiplayers
blockchain games  ...LEARN MORE   ❱❱...
A p p
Download
████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███
Google
Play
                 ████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄_
   o█████████▄██▄████████
  █████████████████████
 d████████████████████
,████████████████████
`████████████████████
 █████████████████████
 ██████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
     `█████▀▀  ▀▀██████
App
Store
..WEB...............
..VERSION..
F o l l o w
u s
TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
WHITEPAPER
Sihab76

Activity: 560

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:08:23 AM

i would do it simple, tell them the advantages of bitcoin, the fact about very low or zero fee, and the fact that is less trouble some than fiat

you can also add that the payment and confirmation can be instant, if they ask about it, just need to work with an off chain system liek bitpay
Yes sir i follow your method. Firstly i discuss about bitcoin popularity and advantage over the world, then i inspire them about low fee of bitcoin and transaction method is so easy. I hope i will get their feedback.

Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 518

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:26:59 AM

If the business is sending money to other country.
Than I think is good to tell them that Bitcoin is a solution because is faster and cheaper.

very good effective idea. firstly i encourage my nearest local businesses that bitcoin very favourite stable currency and fees of transactions is very few and faster.

ice18

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:12:59 AM

Seems literally impossible now. There is no benefit for them and there will never be, other coins however could be implemented, other coins that actually work like a currency, something that bitcoin is not equipped to do right now. Fees way too high, transactions way too slow, volatility. Steam just dropped bitcoin as a payment for these reasons.
Well said if this problem still not solved for over some months bitcoin will be very hard to accept by local businesses even some international stores that accepting btc will drop this payment method because of very many problems facing right now by bitcoins much better to use altcoins like xrp or xlm with very low transaction fees.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
chinaseapirate

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:22:09 PM

I have a suggestion. But let me first state that until today I have not read or discussed bitcoin with anybody-ever. I had heard of it. I got Wiki version and Lifewire version. Then I watched "previously live" news and experts but not too many. So, here is my suggestion. I'll give some limited additional reasoning at a later date if there is any interest in it.
      I'm am totally against "Lightning" as described. Lightweight wallets seem bad enough already. The original idea of 21million bitcoins and an anonymous like CASH instrument, totally secured from thieves AND government, is an idea worth pursuing. This limited interpretation of what bitcoin is all about is what has the inherent power to drive it forward. Anything else is a distraction. Its value should theoretically become approx 1 Satoshi= $0.25 circa 2040. It must become the world currency or not. In order to become that it must be used as the primary monetary tool. Gold could exist as a physical dual currency but not required. What is required is that all people can use it to buy/sell anything (which is allowed to be bought or sold). So, my suggestion is that anyone who wants to use bitcoin negotiate themselves,grass roots, for its use. If you cant make any headway with letters to Sam Walmart..don't shop there. A local bake shop/produce market where you can talk with the owner is the place to start. "Mr. Bakerman, here is 1 million Zatos... can you give me 30 coupons for free loaves of your bread and a punch card for 100 units of fruit/vegetable good for the next 90 days", you ask. Is this illegal? I don't think so.
     There are other variations. Used/homebuilt electric vehicles, coops supporting business visa for a Sri Lankan "clothing merchant", a Filipina manicure/pedicure specialist making house calls. Might even be able to break into a corporate franchise to buy fuel/soda/beer because the cashier of a lot of these places is the owner. Give him 1 bit coin in exchange for you and however many friends it takes to use up $500-20,000 worth of prepaid fuel. The "stability" of the bitcoin seems directly proportional to its usage and inversely proportional to volume of speculators. But that's the idea. Go directly to the owners of the goods and services and pay in advance for future purchases, at least here in the first world. It my belief that the "third world" is perfectly capable of instantaneously developing within a generation if they had a tool such as the bitcoin to use. And they have the capacity and time available to work among themselves even a verbal form of "lightning", we don't. 420 trillion / 21 million x 20% depreciation of $ by 2040 = 25 cents per Zato!! make it happen. It is a free world. No 420 jokes, I'm clean.
XinXan

Activity: 980
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:48:11 PM

Seems literally impossible now. There is no benefit for them and there will never be, other coins however could be implemented, other coins that actually work like a currency, something that bitcoin is not equipped to do right now. Fees way too high, transactions way too slow, volatility. Steam just dropped bitcoin as a payment for these reasons.
Well said if this problem still not solved for over some months bitcoin will be very hard to accept by local businesses even some international stores that accepting btc will drop this payment method because of very many problems facing right now by bitcoins much better to use altcoins like xrp or xlm with very low transaction fees.

Just look at the price, 7k dollar drop in 1 day, imagine that a lot of people paid in bitcoins and you didn't sell them at that time, what do you have now, a massive loss for no reason.

████2'''''''[██████''''`Y███
██`███.   ,███'  Y█b      `███
██  `██████P'     Y██.     ]██
██    `███b█_      `██.     ██
██    ,████P████o_  `██L   ]██
███_  d█PY█b ``█████oo██b ,██
███████P  Y█b     ``████████
██ `████.  ██L       ,██████
██  d█P████]██p   _████'██[`██
██ ,██'  `█████p,████' ,██[ `██
██ ██P      `█████'    ]██[  d█
██d██     ,████████.   ]██[  d██
████' _o████'    `███. ]██[ ,██
████o████'         `███d██',██
██████L______________.██████
b e t f o r m
SMART CONTRACT POWERED
SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
A b o u t
u s
Betform mission is to establish ourselves
as a top decentralized social betting platform
that offer players wide range of multiplayers
blockchain games  ...LEARN MORE   ❱❱...
A p p
Download
████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███
Google
Play
                 ████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄_
   o█████████▄██▄████████
  █████████████████████
 d████████████████████
,████████████████████
`████████████████████
 █████████████████████
 ██████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
     `█████▀▀  ▀▀██████
App
Store
..WEB...............
..VERSION..
F o l l o w
u s
TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
WHITEPAPER
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.