Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:57:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:18:15 AM

Make a good presentation about bitcoin and how it works. Include the current list of businesses or company that is using bitcoin as a payment method. Engage them in a definite example of receiving and sending bitcoins to one address to another. Last but not the least is to tell them that accepting bitcoin as MOP will surely result in increase of sales.

Make a good presentation about bitcoin and how it works. Include the current list of businesses or company that is using bitcoin as a payment method. Engage them in a definite example of receiving and sending bitcoins to one address to another. Last but not the least is to tell them that accepting bitcoin as MOP will surely result in increase of sales.

A compilation of ideas presented in this thread will give you a formatted sequence in presenting bitcoin as a whole.  And it is better if you can do the editing so as to make everything presented in proper order.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arwin100

Activity: 2702
Merit: 804

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 04:16:29 AM

Presentation is very good idea but who will step up for doing that and introduce it to business sector? Well i think for now and in this state is we need to show business sector our volume and how widely the market in bitcoin, the number of users and compatibility if they used bitcoin, by that theirs no really doubt that they will accept bitcoin as their mode of payment knowing bitcoins market are widing now all over the world and maybe they really consider aswell as they looking at the bitcoin for now and studying that it is worth for them to stake with this coin, but really if business sectors will accept bitcoin well it can make our life more easier.

npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:52:24 AM

Presentation is very good idea but who will step up for doing that and introduce it to business sector? Well i think for now and in this state is we need to show business sector our volume and how widely the market in bitcoin, the number of users and compatibility if they used bitcoin, by that theirs no really doubt that they will accept bitcoin as their mode of payment knowing bitcoins market are widing now all over the world and maybe they really consider aswell as they looking at the bitcoin for now and studying that it is worth for them to stake with this coin, but really if business sectors will accept bitcoin well it can make our life more easier.

Who will step up to introduce it? You can ask it to OP  Wink or to other persons who is similar with him, persons that want to help in announcing how bitcoin is truly an awesome creation for our whole wide world.

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:57:20 AM

I think you must explain the features of bitcoin interms of its transactions and reliability.But if you will teach and explain it to them one by one on evefyone who  will place an order to you that will take time.You must have a blog or page for your business and explain it to them in that way it will  b faster and a lot easier.You must explain to them aboutfees and transaction in bitcoin

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:49:24 PM

I think you must explain the features of bitcoin interms of its transactions and reliability.But if you will teach and explain it to them one by one on evefyone who  will place an order to you that will take time.You must have a blog or page for your business and explain it to them in that way it will  b faster and a lot easier.You must explain to them aboutfees and transaction in bitcoin

I'm also thinking this, if we can show them the advantages of the bitcoin they will like it without any doubts, I think its just a way of explaining them the advantages that is just the only thing.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:15:42 PM

I'm also thinking this, if we can show them the advantages of the bitcoin they will like it without any doubts, I think its just a way of explaining them the advantages that is just the only thing.
Honestly as my notice they are just afraid to be scam so if they see that bitcoin is not scam they can accept it in their business..
But for now for those who already know bitcoin they know the investment site and experience of scam i think we can not encourage them back here in bitcoin..
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 11:53:53 AM

We need to first introduce Bitcoins in the public and to the business owners. We should give examples of the business currently accepting the bitcoins and how the bitcoins has transformed their business. Once we are able to convince them, then they might adopt bitcoin for their business.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:36:41 AM

Bitcoin isn't something for physical stores. That's why we don't use PayPal to buy coffees. It's not beneficial for an online store. That's why every store I go to, i contact their sorry and ask if they accept bitcoin.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:15:06 PM

Bitcoin isn't something for physical stores. That's why we don't use PayPal to buy coffees. It's not beneficial for an online store. That's why every store I go to, i contact their sorry and ask if they accept bitcoin.

Bitcoin is suitable for local business. That's why the QR code etc. is there.
With creditcards the validation happens after the transaction, with bitcoin it happens seconds after the transaction which makes bitcoin better for merchants then credit card.

The problem is software behind it is complex and merchants are not very techy, so it must be made easy for them.
goanadupabitcoin

Activity: 194
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 02:35:07 PM

I think first off you'd have to convince people to spend their BTC. Many of the people I know who introduced bitcoin payment for their services don't get many customers of that sort, so why bother to learn about it, since they "know all about doing business"?
I have a feeling the cc market is mostly about trading, buying low, selling high.

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:49:58 PM

Indeed the most important thing is that we have to mention the very good advantages it has compared with other currency's from these days.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:19:49 AM

I think we need to explain them the benefits of accepting bitcoin as a currency and also explain them the possible price hike after halving.
pearnapple

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:04:32 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

i think that you should invite them all to one place and tell them everything at once, because you would take too much time to tell same stuff to each one of them

and you should tell how bitcoin is good how it is easy to use it and receive payment from buyers and i am sure that they will like it, and they will accept bitcoins when there will be plenty of buyers ofc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sana9827

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:40:09 AM

In my experience, I have a friend who's also a guitarist, who is in a buy and sell.one day he decided to sell one of his  guitar pedal to me, it is cheap but I am short on cash, I told him that if I make him a bitcoin address and pay him with bitcoin would accept? he told me that he can't use it, but when I explained to him that he could use it to buy things online or buy cellphone load, then he told me that he will accept in the sense that he will return it if he got no use for it. but he never returned it to me.My point here is that by using part money and part bitcoin, we could encourage people to use it. and usually those small businesses were the first to start it and probably they'll spread it to other small businesses.
rekinthis

Activity: 658

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:29:03 PM

The best thing to do would be to gather all these small businesses together for a meeting and introduce them to the concept in simple and realistic terms, using lots of data to back up and prove your points
These people are interested in profit, so make sure you show them how beneficial and easy this can be, and you should be fine, however, at the same time they're not morons so please don't attempt to hide some down sides, instead present them and suggest easy fix solutions

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:41:31 AM

I think we need to explain them the benefits of accepting bitcoin as a currency and also explain them the possible price hike after halving.

It is very hard to encourage local businesses to accept it due to "Confirmations" and breaching, that just is not safe enough for them IN THEIR eyes.

It would be nice to just send a few mB to a company and get a slice of pizza though
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:52:09 AM

In my experience, I have a friend who's also a guitarist, who is in a buy and sell.one day he decided to sell one of his  guitar pedal to me, it is cheap but I am short on cash, I told him that if I make him a bitcoin address and pay him with bitcoin would accept? he told me that he can't use it, but when I explained to him that he could use it to buy things online or buy cellphone load, then he told me that he will accept in the sense that he will return it if he got no use for it. but he never returned it to me.My point here is that by using part money and part bitcoin, we could encourage people to use it. and usually those small businesses were the first to start it and probably they'll spread it to other small businesses.

That's awesome, but sadly we dont all have business friends that will accept btc, but it is a great idea to make local businesses accept it because then i can buy stuff just sitting on my computer then go pick it up later right after gambling!

This would be amazing but also make people very lazy.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:30:30 AM

That's awesome, but sadly we dont all have business friends that will accept btc, but it is a great idea to make local businesses accept it because then i can buy stuff just sitting on my computer then go pick it up later right after gambling!

This would be amazing but also make people very lazy.

Yes that will make people very lazy and that's a bad thing but you really have to look at it like BTC will be a future use and you'll see it upcoming in the halving process.
FlipBit

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:57:12 AM

The savings on credit card transaction and processing fees are a reason for retailers to consider accepting bitcoin. Banks also usually have setup, maintenance, and processing fees for a business account. Adoption will take place as business owners become more aware of BTC and digital banking.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:08:25 AM

If you can show them what kind of advantages the bitcoin has they will like it and show some interests for sure.
The fact that they can control their own money makes it mostly very nice.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: