Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184797 times)
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:51:37 PM

Bitcoin isn't something for physical stores. That's why we don't use PayPal to buy coffees. It's not beneficial for an online store. That's why every store I go to, i contact their sorry and ask if they accept bitcoin.
But, it is possible to use bitcoins in physical stores via bitcoin debit cards (similarly with paypal debit card).

I think if we could also try to establish a local exchange so bitcoin will become popular in our area. That will help local business to accept bitcoins.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:25:25 PM

In my experience, I have a friend who's also a guitarist, who is in a buy and sell.one day he decided to sell one of his  guitar pedal to me, it is cheap but I am short on cash, I told him that if I make him a bitcoin address and pay him with bitcoin would accept? he told me that he can't use it, but when I explained to him that he could use it to buy things online or buy cellphone load, then he told me that he will accept in the sense that he will return it if he got no use for it. but he never returned it to me.My point here is that by using part money and part bitcoin, we could encourage people to use it. and usually those small businesses were the first to start it and probably they'll spread it to other small businesses.
A nice story you got there, a mix of bitcoin and paper money sounds legitimate way I hope I could also try that with my friends. In my humble opinion bitcoin will become very popular within the next few years so it is the right time now to introduce it to our friends and fellows.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:57:36 PM

In my experience, I have a friend who's also a guitarist, who is in a buy and sell.one day he decided to sell one of his  guitar pedal to me, it is cheap but I am short on cash, I told him that if I make him a bitcoin address and pay him with bitcoin would accept? he told me that he can't use it, but when I explained to him that he could use it to buy things online or buy cellphone load, then he told me that he will accept in the sense that he will return it if he got no use for it. but he never returned it to me.My point here is that by using part money and part bitcoin, we could encourage people to use it. and usually those small businesses were the first to start it and probably they'll spread it to other small businesses.
A nice story you got there, a mix of bitcoin and paper money sounds legitimate way I hope I could also try that with my friends. In my humble opinion bitcoin will become very popular within the next few years so it is the right time now to introduce it to our friends and fellows.

Spreading the word is 1 of the things that will help bitcoin grow. Another good thing is to approach merchants and ask them why they don't accept bitcoin yet.
Point them to the bitcoin site so they can learn about it.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:56:35 AM

Spreading the word is 1 of the things that will help bitcoin grow. Another good thing is to approach merchants and ask them why they don't accept bitcoin yet.
Point them to the bitcoin site so they can learn about it.

I think we need to visit all the merchants and shop keepers near us and give them education about bitcoins. I am sure they are not using bitcoins as they are not aware of this.We have to play our part to get this done. and once they know about the coins they will implement it in their business.
killer5

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:12:40 AM

To a business to be continuance , you have to adjust to the developing technology and you have to enhance it and be one step ahead from the competitors of your own , mostly meet your customers requirements, as bitcoin is growing and its cheaper and faster and all the organization are using it to buy services and products, you have to convince your retailers to enhance the bitcoin, you have to have an idea of how your going to implement the bitcoin over them to be a better an successful businessman.

abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:52:00 PM

i think this is the most important question i have seen in the whole spread sheet. i think it is one of he most difficult job and specially in our are where most of the businessmen are illustrate and do not know anything about bitcoin but still we can make an effort to encourage them . i think we should start from those businessmen who are educated they will easily understand our statement. we can show the the present progress of the bitcoin.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 09:53:27 PM

i think this is the most important question i have seen in the whole spread sheet. i think it is one of he most difficult job and specially in our are where most of the businessmen are illustrate and do not know anything about bitcoin but still we can make an effort to encourage them . i think we should start from those businessmen who are educated they will easily understand our statement. we can show the the present progress of the bitcoin.

This is true for every shopman too. They do not want to change or accept a change. I myself had tried to convince a shop keeper of using bitcoins also but he refused by saying that no one in his area has bitcoins to spent.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fuckiPonzi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:38:16 PM

In my opinion as long we accept scam like ponzi, hyip and all the other shit which destroy the image of this wonderfull invetion there will be no good future for bitcoin. It still will be a currency of the criminals. There have to be a rethinking.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:19:00 PM

In my opinion as long we accept scam like ponzi, hyip and all the other shit which destroy the image of this wonderfull invetion there will be no good future for bitcoin. It still will be a currency of the criminals. There have to be a rethinking.
there is no need to worry. bitcoin is too strong now. now one can effect its image. the people are entering and investing their money here in a large amount. we need to motivate the local businessmen. for this purpose we have to visit them and show them our own progress in bitcoin. i think they need a very regular instruction about bitcoin.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Well i actually doubt we can.
The reason is  they are having too low amount of customers to get it worthy for them.
I mean of course not 100% people on earth use bitcoin,lets say its 5% of ppl.
So if they run a buissness and get lets say 100 customers day,its not worth it to start a new service to get only 5 customers daily payed with BTC.
Maybe in many years,when btc will get more popular,then we can.
ripplehd

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:21:06 AM

First you need to get all the online retailers to start accepting bitcoins and then spreading the word out in the local business industry. Maybe workshops and seminars might help with this, online you can stream a seminar on youtube or any other video streaming site and out in the public you can invite people from the business industry to attend too.

Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:17:41 AM

Bitcoin isn't something for physical stores. That's why we don't use PayPal to buy coffees. It's not beneficial for an online store. That's why every store I go to, i contact their sorry and ask if they accept bitcoin.

Possible with something like a Mastercard BTC Card.  With some stores with no options of accepting cards, that may be difficult since they have to upgrade to some tech stuff first, the costs of upgrading some are not willing to gamble into.  But those establishments that accepts credit and debit card payments, all we need is to wait for bitcoin to become part of the mainstream alternative currency. 

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:06:10 AM

Right now much of profit can be earned from bitcoin if implemented into local businesses. Just a foundation for a later profit can be laid. Also the person who knows much about bitcoin nature can start bitcoin into their business rather than using it without any knowledge, just with focus of profit.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 02:37:09 PM

Right now much of profit can be earned from bitcoin if implemented into local businesses. Just a foundation for a later profit can be laid. Also the person who knows much about bitcoin nature can start bitcoin into their business rather than using it without any knowledge, just with focus of profit.

For the local business men to accept the bitcoins, we need to give them awareness through training's and promotions. We need to convenience them that using bitcoin in their  business will be more beneficial for them.
Businessman will only be interested in it, if they know it wont cost them extra money to invest in.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:51:39 PM

You are 100% right,but another problem we can find is that not too many people use bitcoin in some countries,so if like 3% of their customers use bitcoin,why would they implement it? just not worth it at all for small buissnesses
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:01:04 PM

i'd love to see the stats from businesses that started accepting it six months down the line. i've read that a few food vans and stuff stopped because they hardly got any business from it but wasted loads of time talking to people about it.
Equinoxx

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:54:06 AM

Well, you would probably work with smaller business.

Show them the how Bitcoin transactions work and how easy it is to function.
Simple as a barcode being scanned with a mobile phone application.

Just explain the concept of Bitcoin and the perks / cons.

This is a true statement. But I've used Bitcoin in a public place as a form of payment and it is really convenient.

Any growth with Bitcoin is a good thing.

-.sgmf
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1238

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 09:48:10 AM

You are 100% right,but another problem we can find is that not too many people use bitcoin in some countries,so if like 3% of their customers use bitcoin,why would they implement it? just not worth it at all for small buissnesses

But for the years past Bitcoins really gather more popularity to people and online business stores some of them are accepting it already and if bitcoins still keep spreading his fame well theirs no doubt for it to be accepted in business sector or even in physical store since bitcoin has great potential to take over those online mode of payments processors and if the businessman will see the larger market of bitcoins with im pretty sure they will adopt this coin in near future

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1258

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:35:56 AM

Well, you would probably work with smaller business.

Show them the how Bitcoin transactions work and how easy it is to function.
Simple as a barcode being scanned with a mobile phone application.

Just explain the concept of Bitcoin and the perks / cons.

This is a true statement. But I've used Bitcoin in a public place as a form of payment and it is really convenient.

Any growth with Bitcoin is a good thing.

I agree that for the local store to accept bitcoin, we need to introduce bitcoin to them, going to them one by one is really a hard thing to do, best way is to set up an appointment to the business group and introduce bitcoin to them.  In this meeting tackle why do they need to adopt Bitcoinand it's positive features. Some of it's basic technicalities and of course prepare a video and a demo (actual hand on).
I don't believe tht Bitcoin isn't something for physical stores, swiping cards are already implemented, why not send transaction thru your mobile phone.  I believe that if you really want to implement something you will make a way for it.  FYI, sending Bitcoin thru Android phone is easier process than swiping a  Card.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:02:48 PM

First you need to get all the online retailers to start accepting bitcoins and then spreading the word out in the local business industry. Maybe workshops and seminars might help with this, online you can stream a seminar on youtube or any other video streaming site and out in the public you can invite people from the business industry to attend too.

I also think that we first need to have a lot more online stores accepting the bitcoin only on that we can also encourage other locally company's.
The bitcoin also needs to get more used before this is gonna happen!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: