Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:52:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Multicurrencies | Test Net Live | Unmoderated  (Read 19005 times)
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 03:44:21 AM

Looking forward to the progress!  Keep it up guys, nice to see some movement.

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:14:47 AM

Looking forward to the progress!  Keep it up guys, nice to see some movement.

pointless movement..
i cant see why waiste time.

love the closed source!

multicurrency (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:19:25 AM

Looking forward to the progress!  Keep it up guys, nice to see some movement.

pointless movement..
i cant see why waiste time.

love the closed source!

It will be opened when possible. It's still under development. If you want to help test, use a sandbox.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITE  ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦  MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS   ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦   BITCOINTALK THREAD   ████
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:54:01 AM

When is testphase 2 starting?
multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:30:32 AM

Less than a week. I am working on a custom retargeting for the hybrid PoW/PoS. This will be the last core change before phase 2 and eventual release of BreakoutCoin and the source.

████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITE  ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦  MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS   ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦   BITCOINTALK THREAD   ████
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:05:18 PM

Less than a week. I am working on a custom retargeting for the hybrid PoW/PoS. This will be the last core change before phase 2 and eventual release of BreakoutCoin and the source.

Thanks for the quick response dev.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 09:55:40 PM

Looking forward to the testing. 

Will there be a pool set up to mine on?

LovSan

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

(●´ω´●) Nil de nihilo fit

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:00:30 PM

Already two weeks have passed, any news or it will be delayed again till fall 2016?

❄❁❇❂❇❃❇❅❇❆❇❈❇❉❇❊❇❋❄♒❇♓❇♉❇♈❇♊❇♋❇♌❇♍❇♎❇♏❇♐❇♑❄❋❇❊❇❉❇❈❇❆❇❅❇❃❇❂❇❁❄
multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:35:43 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2015, 06:56:14 AM by multicurrency

Already two weeks have passed, any news or it will be delayed again till fall 2016?

Yes. One week was an estimate, but it appears to be taking longer. Also, your question seems to allude to Breakout Coin specifically. This thread is about the multicurrency platform. If you would like more specific information about Breakout Coin, please contact the bitcointalk user BreakoutCoin for an invitation to the slack channel.

To be clear, Breakout Coin is an application of the multicurrency platform. The test net is to test the multicurrency functionality, not to get to a release of Breakout Coin, per se.

I thought it would be one week to the second phase of the test net two weeks ago, but in the meantime I went to the bitcoin conference in San Diego and wasn't able to get much work done there. And for another week, I had some different work unexpectedly dominate my time.

The second round of the multicurrency test net will include new features, like hybrid PoW/PoS with fee scavenging, that I feel are important for security.

casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 06:05:02 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2016, 03:48:01 AM by casper77

in the beginning looked like a great work
waiting for any news
multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:49:26 AM

in the beginning looked like a great work
waiting for any news

You will get regular updates and real-time interaction with me in the Breakout Coin slack. Contact user BreakoutCoin to request an invite.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:47:39 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 07:06:18 PM by multicurrency

Phase 2 Testnet Released!

The new builds are version 1.1.1.0 and available at https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases

If you participated in the previous testnet you may want to retain your wallet. If you didn't participate in the previous testnet, don't care about what it is I am describing, or have no idea what I am talking about skip the next set of instructions.

You can use your wallet from the previous tetnet but you MUST do the following:
1. Back up your previous testnet wallet somewhere safe.
2. Go to your breakout application data folder.
     A. Windows is C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Breakout
     B. OS X is /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Breakout
     C. Linux is .breakout
3. Create a plain text file called breakout.conf and put a single line that reads:
               salvagewallet=1
4. Completely delete the contents of the testnet folder therein except for wallet.dat
5. Start the new client.
6. Delete the line that says salvagewallet=1

If you don't want to do all that and participated in the previous testnet, simply delete the Breakout application data directory in its entirety.

Once you get going, please send me an address for the new testnet coins. This is critical because it influences which lottery you will be eligible for.

Critical: If you participated in the previous testnet and sent me a public key, ​make sure you have the private key for it!

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:57:18 PM

I've received some testnet requests from newbs. To qualify for the lottery you will need to be at least a full member with a substantive post history. I will read your back posts and determine eligibility myself before I enter your account in a lottery. Jr Members and below may be eligible for other incentives. Newbs may not get a reply.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:16:20 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 10:34:22 PM by multicurrency

Important Tips for Testnet

1. When you provide me with your public key (NOT private), save your private key in a safe place, preferably encrypted with a strong password and strong encryption.

2. Your active testnet wallet stores your private key. Make sure it is encrypted.

3. Your participation in testnet will be measured by how much you stake.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:59:05 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 05:14:27 PM by multicurrency

Retargeting Fix

I made a new retargeting algorithm that had a bug, causing a lot of chain forks. Testers will need to update their clients.

Please follow the instructions below and make sure you use the bootstrap provided.

Links to the update are here: https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/

You'll see that BAM is gone from the GUI. You haven't lost your coins, I just put Sistercoin in its place. You will be able to mine Sistercoin when the block height hits 4500.

PLEASE​ unzip and put the bootstrap file (at the above link) into your Breakout/testnet data directory and then restart the client. This will get you on the best chain.

This update should allow you to mine.

Other Items
1. There is a typo where immature BRO will look like SIS on the overview page of the new client. This will be fixed today.
2. I am still processing testnet enrollment requests. I should get to everyone within a few hours.
3. Testnet enrollment closes in about 13 hours from the time of this post. All current requests will be processed. After 6 AM GMT, no further requests will be accepted. I will go by the timestamp of your request not when I get around to processing it.
4. Anyone can mine Sistercoin to participate in the testnet, but this does not qualify you for lotteries. You have to enroll with me.

LovSan

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

(●´ω´●) Nil de nihilo fit

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:01:28 PM

Retargeting Fix

I made a new retargeting algorithm that had a bug, causing a lot of chain forks. Testers will need to update their clients.

Please follow the instructions below and make sure you use the bootstrap provided.

Links to the update are here: https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/

You'll see that BAM is gone from the GUI. You haven't lost your coins, I just put Sistercoin in its place. You will be able to mine Sistercoin when the block height hits 4500.

PLEASE​ unzip and put the bootstrap file (at the above link) into your Breakout/testnet data directory and then restart the client. This will get you on the best chain.

This update should allow you to mine.

Other Items
1. There is a typo where immature BRO will look like SIS on the overview page of the new client. This will be fixed today.
2. I am still processing testnet enrollment requests. I should get to everyone within a few hours.
3. Testnet enrollment closes in about 13 hours from the time of this post. All current requests will be processed. After 6 AM GMT, no further requests will be accepted. I will go by the timestamp of your request not when I get around to processing it.
4. Anyone can mine Sistercoin to participate in the testnet, but this does not qualify you for lotteries. You have to enroll with me.

After these manipulations I ended up on a fork out of sync (before I had no problems with stacking/syncing). Few restarts didn't bring any effect.

You don't need to do it, if you have no problems, like I had.

How I fixed it:
1. Close your Breakoutclient
2. Go to ~BreakoutCoin\testnet and make a backup of it
3. Then delete: "database"*full folder, "txleveldb"*full folder, "blk0001.dat"*file, "debug.log"*you will find that it's huge 1GB+ for no reason
4. Now download bootstrap.dat.zip from here https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/ and unzip it to ~BreakoutCoin\testnet folder
5. You can launch Breakout client now. It may hang, after load, but it's OK, give it time.

Thats it.

❄❁❇❂❇❃❇❅❇❆❇❈❇❉❇❊❇❋❄♒❇♓❇♉❇♈❇♊❇♋❇♌❇♍❇♎❇♏❇♐❇♑❄❋❇❊❇❉❇❈❇❆❇❅❇❃❇❂❇❁❄
multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:59:31 PM

After these manipulations I ended up on a fork out of sync (before I had no problems with stacking/syncing). Few restarts didn't bring any effect.

You don't need to do it, if you have no problems, like I had.

How I fixed it:
1. Close your Breakoutclient
2. Go to ~BreakoutCoin\testnet and make a backup of it
3. Then delete: "database"*full folder, "txleveldb"*full folder, "blk0001.dat"*file, "debug.log"*you will find that it's huge 1GB+ for no reason
4. Now download bootstrap.dat.zip from here https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/ and unzip it to ~BreakoutCoin\testnet folder
5. You can launch Breakout client now. It may hang, after load, but it's OK, give it time.

Thats it.

Thank you for those instructions!!

Here's what I posted to the slack, which explains what you found:

There is one more bug related to the forking issue I fixed last night. People will fork if they restart their client because I forgot to write some retargeting info to the block index. It gets lost when the client restarts and so retargeting is wrong for the client that restarted and it will start banning peers. I'll have a fix tonight.

In the meantime, if you keep your clients running, the network will hold together until the fix. If you stop your client for any reason, just rename bootstrap.dat.old back to bootstrap.dat and you'll get back on the right chain.

The fix will take care of this.

If you forget to rename bootstrap.dat.old on a restart and ban everyone, just stop, rename bootstrap.dat.old to bootstrap.dat, delete your peers.dat, and start again. You'll get on the right chain.

In the meantime, mining looks good. Expect to start getting Sistercoin blocks in less than 4 hours.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:02:14 PM

The reason is the debug.log is big is because of all the forks. The debug.log will settle down when everyone has updated and is on the best chain.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:23:01 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 10:06:02 PM by multicurrency

Sistercoin mining

Algorithm: sha256d

RPC Port: 60542

Windows miner that will work with version 6 block template:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/download/cpuminer-multi-1-2-dev.zip

Running the miner:

Code:
minerd -a sha256d -u yourrpcuser -p yourrpcpasswrd -o 127.0.0.1:60542 -t 1

The number after the "-t" is the number of cores to mine with. The above command mines with just 1 core.

Conf file name: breakout.conf

Location of conf file: "Breakout" folder in roaming folder (Windows)  or  "Library/Application Support" (OS X).

Example conf (Thanks to LovSan):

Code: (breakout.conf)
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourrpcuser
rpcpassword=yourrpcpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=60542

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:18:03 AM

Eligibility in the lotteries is now closed. Good luck to those who enrolled. I have processed all requests.

Those interested in the testnet can download the client and mine Sistercoin or PM me with an address for testnet coins of other currencies.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: