Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S5 isn't mining anymore  (Read 619 times)
onefastgsr (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:46:48 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 06:10:39 PM by onefastgsr

Antminer been mining for awhile no issues what so ever, The beeping woke me up this morning that usually happens when the internet dies or it disconnects. I tried to fall back asleep figured it'd reconnect in a couple minutes, after like 10 minutes it still hasn't reconnected. I went and unplugged the ethernet cable, replugged it in, nomore beeping but it still isn't hashing, it's doing nothing, So I unplug the power and replug it up, still nothing. not hashing at all... I tried rebooting it through the 192 url. Didn't change anything... Is something wrong with it?

edit: Registered on slush's pool instead of antpool, It works on that pool but not antpool. Going to just mine on slush's pool I guess. I always freak out when something happens and I can't get it to mine, Lol. I got it like 2-3 weeks ago and only mined about $45 worth so far. So I'm like nooo it's broke lost all my money lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:57:01 PM

Hah, sounds like some sort of alarm going off that you haven't disabled in the "miner configuration" thingymajig.
*change this in your settings somewhere on the webpage, though you might want to leave some of the stock alarms on just to alert you if something IS wrong*
A few people have had this problem before, here is one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173065.0
The alarm could be anywhere from high heat, fan RPM too slow, slower than usual hashing, etc.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
SEGMining

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 07:49:06 PM

Antminer been mining for awhile no issues what so ever, The beeping woke me up this morning that usually happens when the internet dies or it disconnects. I tried to fall back asleep figured it'd reconnect in a couple minutes, after like 10 minutes it still hasn't reconnected. I went and unplugged the ethernet cable, replugged it in, nomore beeping but it still isn't hashing, it's doing nothing, So I unplug the power and replug it up, still nothing. not hashing at all... I tried rebooting it through the 192 url. Didn't change anything... Is something wrong with it?

edit: Registered on slush's pool instead of antpool, It works on that pool but not antpool. Going to just mine on slush's pool I guess. I always freak out when something happens and I can't get it to mine, Lol. I got it like 2-3 weeks ago and only mined about $45 worth so far. So I'm like nooo it's broke lost all my money lol

Could be a DNS issue.

Go into the diagnostics page and use those tools to see if you can hit the pool you're trying to connect to. 

If that fails, try setting your DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

SEGMINING Miner Co-Location in Vancouver, WA
$75/KW/Month with VPN access to your hardware
http://segmining.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: