Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:49:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New form of loan defaulting? [Suspicious "hacked" account]  (Read 1727 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 09:55:51 AM

Post a signed message proving its yours.

Well it does not matter, but please help me how, because I had never done such a signed message.
-snip-

Maybe this -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0
can help you.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeroxal (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:41:40 AM

BTW, am I allowed to sell the account when it surpasses the repayment date of the loan and it hasn't been paid back? It would be the 24th of November.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:02:23 AM

BTW, am I allowed to sell the account when it surpasses the repayment date of the loan and it hasn't been paid back? It would be the 24th of November.

ha! thats pay back time.  Grin

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 01:12:21 PM

If the account was used as collateral you are essentially free to do with it what you want. If it turns out to be stolen the right thing to do would be to return it though. Its your job to check the collateral you accept, e.g. by requesting a signed message.

Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:17:57 PM

If the account was used as collateral you are essentially free to do with it what you want. If it turns out to be stolen the right thing to do would be to return it though. Its your job to check the collateral you accept, e.g. by requesting a signed message.
Yes, it was used as a collateral. However I didn't require a signed message, which was the huge mistake. I'll surely return the account if it was stolen, but this case is very suspicious in my opinion, so is there any solution to it?
One of the ways is to check the IPs associated with the 3 accounts (jadens, RKen, KenR) - which is only possible through the help of one of the staff members.
Once again, I would be thankful to any of the staff members that would check the IPs of these accounts to make sure.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:30:31 PM

which is only possible through the help of one of the staff members.
Once again, I would be thankful to any of the staff members that would check the IPs of these accounts to make sure.
Mods aren't able to track IP addresses, only admins can. You're out of luck, considering the fact that admins are slow to respond even in cases of actually hacked accounts.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 01:39:14 PM

Mods aren't able to track IP addresses, only admins can. You're out of luck, considering the fact that admins are slow to respond even in cases of actually hacked accounts.

Admins usually dont get involved in these issues, so their speed of handling things is not the issue. Also matching or different IPs does not mean much. Its easy to get a different IP (Tor, VPN, Public Proxy, etc.) esp. if its planned.

-snip-
Yes, it was used as a collateral. However I didn't require a signed message, which was the huge mistake. I'll surely return the account if it was stolen, but this case is very suspicious in my opinion, so is there any solution to it?
One of the ways is to check the IPs associated with the 3 accounts (jadens, RKen, KenR) - which is only possible through the help of one of the staff members.

Well considering the password was only changed once[1] the "my account was hacked" story is not very convincing.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php

Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:16:50 PM

Admins usually dont get involved in these issues, so their speed of handling things is not the issue. Also matching or different IPs does not mean much. Its easy to get a different IP (Tor, VPN, Public Proxy, etc.) esp. if its planned.

-snip-

Well considering the password was only changed once[1] the "my account was hacked" story is not very convincing.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php
Oh, thanks for the research. I was the one who changed the password of that account. But I don't have a signed message, which means that even when this is a whole scam he will run away with his account and his bitcoin?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 02:22:37 PM

-snip-
Oh, thanks for the research. I was the one who changed the password of that account. But I don't have a signed message, which means that even when this is a whole scam he will run away with his account and his bitcoin?

Unlikely. Admins will most likely not restore the account because of this thread alone. If RKen is indeed the original owner and was scammed as well you two need to find an agreement. From past experience[1] this can take several months.

[1] see MinermanNC vs. TerraMaster -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=982538.0

Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:58:16 PM

-snip-

Unlikely. Admins will most likely not restore the account because of this thread alone. If RKen is indeed the original owner and was scammed as well you two need to find an agreement. From past experience[1] this can take several months.

[1] see MinermanNC vs. TerraMaster -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=982538.0
So what am I allowed to do with that account now? After the loan is defaulted(not paid back), may I sell the account or just keep it until the whole thing is settled?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 04:35:00 PM

-snip-

So what am I allowed to do with that account now? After the loan is defaulted(not paid back), may I sell the account or just keep it until the whole thing is settled?

There are no forum rules regarding this. What the community will find acceptable or not greatly depends on how convincing the "account was hacked" story is or will be in the future.

Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:38:29 PM

-snip-

There are no forum rules regarding this. What the community will find acceptable or not greatly depends on how convincing the "account was hacked" story is or will be in the future.
Looks like the user RKen has stopped the hacked account accusation for now. Will create another thread after the loan wasn't repaid on the 24th of November asking for opinions from other members over this situation. Will create a poll about if I should sell it to cover the loan loss or just keep it for further investigation.
Well, let's see what happens till then.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:42:26 PM

-snip-

Looks like the user RKen has stopped the hacked account accusation for now. Will create another thread after the loan wasn't repaid on the 24th of November asking for opinions from other members over this situation. Will create a poll about if I should sell it to cover the loan loss or just keep it for further investigation.
Well, let's see what happens till then.

Maybe they realized they won't get away with it. As you said no one could ever find out you own the account as a collateral but he did and so who could possibly told this claimer so its I'm certain its a plot.

it would be funny to think the hacker told him he used it to loan.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
RKen

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:16:21 PM

I'm still here.

I take this part of my post so that at least can be used as proof that it really was my own account.

Rollin.io giveaway with my twitter account
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818725.msg11574778#msg11574778

I make Coolcoin logo and I have master design
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601045.msg6665312#msg6665312

I make Talkcoin logo and I have master design
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573998.msg6521816#msg6521816

Verified BTCJAM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117725.msg10438271#msg10438271

FortuneJack.com account with same btc address (if you want, i will give you my password for check it):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237765.msg12893676#msg12893676

Thank you
-KenR-
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:19:51 PM

i hope you all figure this out and dont get into fights we all expect legitimacy into this
RKen

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:04:48 PM

i hope you all figure this out and dont get into fights we all expect legitimacy into this

Yes, I hope also like that.

Hopefully with some of the evidence I have given it could provide clues to Zeloxar and readers here that it was actually my account.

And I also have a question to Zeloxar, are you've tried to communicate with people who already offers this account? And if indeed he is the owner of the original KenR account, trying to prove to the post that I have made above https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256710.msg13034031#msg13034031, can be proved by him all?
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:39:35 PM

Hopefully with some of the evidence I have given it could provide clues to Zeloxar and readers here that it was actually my account.

And I also have a question to Zeloxar, are you've tried to communicate with people who already offers this account? And if indeed he is the owner of the original KenR account, trying to prove to the post that I have made above https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256710.msg13034031#msg13034031, can be proved by him all?
There is no need to prove that you're the owner. The problem is that I suspect you and jadens to be the same person and trying to default my loan and run away with my btc and the collateral.
I will not give you your account even when you can prove it to me - prove it to the admins and recover it.
I will probably sell the account if the loan hasn't been paid back till the 24th of November, but before that I'll let the community decide.

There is no fight about it. Either RKen recovers the account via the admin or I'm keeping it until it gets settled. And your post is extremely spammy and useless.
zencomp

Activity: 182

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:33:22 PM

I think you have to wait for the due date of the loan after it get expired and the loan get defaulted then i think you can do anything about it. till then both have to wait for it. or else you both can come to any mutual understanding and solve this problem.

AncilVTwo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:40:53 PM

may i ask how you came to know that zeroxal was indeed in possesion of your account? cuz right now we dont really need proof its your account, for all we know jadens and you are the same person.
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:21:54 PM

Opened a poll here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1258163.0
About what action I should take when the loan won't be repaid on time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: