Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Day has my money.  (Read 1165 times)
anyweb (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:03:23 AM

Hi

I see Rick Day is listed since 11 September 2015 as the sole representative of 13th Pty Ltd

A previous repersentative of 13th pty ltd trades under the name IGOT in South Australia as a sole trader

All this is publicly available information

13th Pty Ltd is the company that accepted my $AUD1000 and in return allowed me to login to the IGOT.com web page

I thought I was buying and selling bitcoin.

It appears I am mistaken because I have no reason to believe that IGOT actually act as a reserve.

IGOT would not let me spend the bit coin, transfer the bitcoin or withdraw cash

In fact i have nothing but a login and numbers on a screen

IGOT do not answer my support requests

They do not even send me the regular message that they will pay me next week

ASIC are considering putting them on on money watch web site in Australia with a warning

Scam Watch in Australia are considering similar action.

I would have been happy with their weekly message that they will pay next week.

Now I get nothing. No money. No messages. No bitcoin.

There are severe penalties in Australia for trading while insolvent.

Are they insolvent?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:11:35 AM

Not familiar with australian bitcoin market as a whole but i heard from reddit that igot is scam :/
You will have hard time now with this case :|.
rickday

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:26:48 PM

igot is not scam
Igor does not have your money but the bank has it

Do not worry
Igot is trying to solve the problem ASAP

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:17:30 PM

igot is not scam

Do not worry

If igot is trying to solve the problem, why were there no replies to customer questions ?
Seams pretty scetchy to me.
anyweb (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:48:25 AM

igot is not scam

Do not worry

If igot is trying to solve the problem, why were there no replies to customer questions ?
Seams pretty scetchy to me.
That excuse worked for 4 months.
Transfer bitcoin? No
Spend bitcoin? No
Withdraw cash? No
You gave me nothing but a login and excuses
Now not even support replies
rickday

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:26:52 AM

Sorry for delay.
igot is working hard.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:56:39 AM

Sorry for delay.
igot is working hard.

Yes. Trust me.
We are working hard.

Sorry for delay.
igot is working hard.

Yes. Trust me.
We are working hard.

anyweb (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:31:28 AM

Try working just a little bit harder and answer support tickets

At least your excuse that igot is working hard varies from the usual reply "We will pay you next week"

I worked hard to get my $AUD1203

IGOT has given me nothing except numbers on a screen and a login

IGOT would not let me spend bitcoin

IGOT would not let me transfer bitcoin

IGOT will not pay me my cash withdrawal

I have lost trust in you

Maybe you are working hard to keep my money
anyweb (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:00:08 PM

Sorry for delay.
igot is working hard.

After 10 days I got a support reply from IGOT
It says they will pay me within 3 weeks and will send me an email
I find that very difficult to believe considering previous support replies  over a period of 4 months have repeatedly said they will pay me in a few days and send me an SMS

I believe the claim that they will pay me is just another stallling tatic

If you give money to IGOT through 13th PTY LTD in South Australia, you get nothing for it.
Oh sorry. You do get a login and a bunch of excuses.

Rick Day is the listed representative for 13th PTY LTD

rickday

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:28:02 PM

Well be patient to be informed...
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:34:07 PM

anyweb, I have left negative feedback based on your report and rickday's admission he owes you the coin.

rickday - let me know when you have paid this user back and I will remove the negative feedback.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
anyweb (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:55:19 PM

I got paid in full
I was thinking of waiting 4 months before posting that info
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:57:37 PM

I got paid in full
I was thinking of waiting 4 months before posting that info

LOL - ok, negative feedback removed.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
rickday

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:41:14 PM

Igot is trying to pay back to all the clients.
Do not worry

chowen64

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:11:45 PM

I've been waiting nearly 4 months for my BTC withdrawal. Last message from Rick was that my withdrawal would be processed before the 1st of Dec.
It's been 2 weeks since then and still nothing received, not even a simple reply to the multitude of emails I've sent him.

I've tried using the support ticket system but I haven't received any response for over a month.

If iGot is having too much trouble supporting the current amount of withdrawals to the point where they can't reply to support tickets then why are they still allowing deposits?
It doesn't make sense.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:01:11 AM

I've been waiting nearly 4 months for my BTC withdrawal. Last message from Rick was that my withdrawal would be processed before the 1st of Dec.
It's been 2 weeks since then and still nothing received, not even a simple reply to the multitude of emails I've sent him.

I've tried using the support ticket system but I haven't received any response for over a month.

If iGot is having too much trouble supporting the current amount of withdrawals to the point where they can't reply to support tickets then why are they still allowing deposits?
It doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense. They are allowing deposits to get more money. They aren't responding to tickets or paying withdrawals because that would give them less money.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:08:11 AM

Hi

I see Rick Day is listed since 11 September 2015 as the sole representative of 13th Pty Ltd

A previous repersentative of 13th pty ltd trades under the name IGOT in South Australia as a sole trader

All this is publicly available information

13th Pty Ltd is the company that accepted my $AUD1000 and in return allowed me to login to the IGOT.com web page

I thought I was buying and selling bitcoin.

It appears I am mistaken because I have no reason to believe that IGOT actually act as a reserve.

IGOT would not let me spend the bit coin, transfer the bitcoin or withdraw cash

In fact i have nothing but a login and numbers on a screen

IGOT do not answer my support requests

They do not even send me the regular message that they will pay me next week

ASIC are considering putting them on on money watch web site in Australia with a warning

Scam Watch in Australia are considering similar action.

I would have been happy with their weekly message that they will pay next week.

Now I get nothing. No money. No messages. No bitcoin.

There are severe penalties in Australia for trading while insolvent.

Are they insolvent?

I'm sorry to hear your loss and I'm sorry to say that it seems they have gone rogue:
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/08/24/australian-bitcoin-exchange-igot-ceases-trading-may-have-been-an-indian-based-scam/
ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:41:05 AM

Quote from: igots facebook page
igot.com
December 3 at 11:42am ·
We are happy to report that we have settled 90% of fiat withdrawals in Australia. Indian withdrawals will be completed within the next 72 hours. NZ will be operational again shortly and fiat for pending users will be paid by Monday. We are processing pending transactions as fast as we can. We truly apologize for all technical problems, delays and inconvenience. Thank you for your patience!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=452632681608767&id=191028684435836
mirrorcrax

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 11:26:00 AM

Customer ID: 18620380

Requested withdrawal on October 26th, 2015. Nothing till now but empty promises and worrying indications:

1. They still announce they operate in the UAE despite telling me they closed their UAE bank account and have no employees or office in the UAE and their ex-spokesperson denies any relation to them
2. Their recent acquisition of Tagpesa in Kenya probably isn't doing so good as the central bank just issued warnings regarding Bitcoin trading
3. They still identify themselves as an Australian company despite having one questionable entity 13th PTY LTD in SA, Adelaide whose only affiliation with Igot is historical
4. Facebook, twitter, reddit and several forums are full of late withdrawal complaints from Australia, India and UAE
5. Their team shrunk significantly to only two people (as officially announced on their website) and their social media officer claims is no longer affiliated with Igot (Dan)

I have spoken to all media organizations in the UAE where they issued statements, currently checking with UAE Ministry of Interior on the legal channels and have submitted a complaint to ACORN in Australia. While my  bitcoin sale yielded 10k USD on October 26th, it was based on the assumption that they will complete it in 5 business days, I only made the transaction because I needed the money back then, if I knew it would not be completed for two months I would've kept it as BTC.

Claims by Rick that it's a bank issue is highly questionable -in my opinion- because  I offered them to transfer my FIAT/BTC to several of my accounts in UAE, Australia and even a BTC wallet but no reasonable response or explanation was given, just empty promises and dead silence.

I had promised to pursue action against IGot.com and I will definitely carry on with my promise, as I worked really hard for my money and will not tolerate being lied to and exploited.

Please message me for pursuing needed actions if your withdrawal dates or other terms of agreements between you and Igot weren't honored.
mirrorcrax

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:28:38 PM

Just curious, did you get your money yet? if not, have you reported them? here's a useful link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/3z472b/the_truth_about_igotcom_and_rick_day/?ref=share&ref_source=link
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: