Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:01:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you trust trezor?  (Read 10202 times)
zhyhenima

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:30:27 AM

For the first time to participate in passing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:31:20 AM

I will never trust something that has dependance of a mechanism to work be it mechanical or digital (electronic) above a simple paper wallet wrapped in fire resistant plastic. I mean who would? just get a paper wallet with BIP38 and wrap it on sturdy type of plastic, how doesn't this beat Trezor to be honest?

This is OK if you will not move your coins let's say for a year, but if you must move your coins once a week for example, then your paper wallet becomes very inconvenient. This is where Trezor shines!
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:04:59 AM

How much would you trust trezor?
Paranoid as I am. No trust.

Nobody knows what is inside that hardware, firmware, etc... What if the maker just silently want to steal bitcoins from the masses!?

Just no. Never.

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 01:22:31 AM

I would not trust it very much. Nor trezor, not any other thing. At this point right now, I would prefer to use bitcoins to pay my bills (mortgage etc) before accumulating too much. Maybe I would go as high as 7-10 BTC, then use to reduce debts if there is any excess to that.

Trezor may break, and whichever other method too. Most safe saving is reducing debt/recurring payments on one's life.

tom555

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:05:34 AM

because trezor is the first,i trust it so much.and honestly,i love trezor design,its cool and strong.
but i not love to use hardware wallet,i will more enjoy using online wallet,its more simple and cn use in PC or smartphone without worry the device is lost.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:59:56 AM

I would trust a wallet only if it have a large community and user. I am using Mycelium because a lot of people is using too. I would also trust Trezor since many people at Bitcointalk said that they uses Trezor. Most of them are rich people who have a lot of Bitcoin in their Trezor wallet. If anything bad happen they will definitely file a scam accusation thread. So far I have seen none from a trusted member.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 10:40:23 AM

Im using a ledger to store my funds in a "cold" wallet.
I dont see any risk when storing them there without daily use at all.

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:05:00 AM

Id trust trezor alot. Well, if trust it relatively alot note than of trust myself, as I have a habit of getting viruses, even though 80% of my computer is run with sandboxie xD

Trezor is one of the best wallets you can have, and ask my friends who use bitcoin use trezor. Wisdom in numbers, you know?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:38:48 PM

I will never trust something that has dependance of a mechanism to work be it mechanical or digital (electronic) above a simple paper wallet wrapped in fire resistant plastic. I mean who would? just get a paper wallet with BIP38 and wrap it on sturdy type of plastic, how doesn't this beat Trezor to be honest?

This is OK if you will not move your coins let's say for a year, but if you must move your coins once a week for example, then your paper wallet becomes very inconvenient. This is where Trezor shines!

Well if you get a copy of the keys and print it and have it near you on your desktop, how is it so unconvenient to use it? If you want to get funds on it or move it out of them you could always use your phone scanning the QR code. Instead of connecting Trezor in your computer you connect your phone.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:39:24 AM

I trust the Trezor quite a lot, probably a bit more than the Ledger Nano.  Both work well for me.

I think that a lot is going to start happening soon in the BTC hardware wallet space.  Looking forward to it.
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:54:58 AM

I do not trust trezor that much. Just because I have experience with IT HW for a long time. Everything is going to broke some day. How can I judge how good design and quality components trezor had. What testing was performed and how support will be available in the future?
I also think about security, how about any hidden "features" in the fw ... etc.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 08:24:17 AM

Id trust trezor but my problem is for the price of it I could pretty much buy another .5 btc and just use paper wallets.

Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:08:38 AM

Well if you get a copy of the keys and print it and have it near you on your desktop, how is it so unconvenient to use it? If you want to get funds on it or move it out of them you could always use your phone scanning the QR code. Instead of connecting Trezor in your computer you connect your phone.

To make paper wallets 100% sure as you should, you have to create them offline on a machine that was never online. Every time you use your private keys to spend funds from them, you should assume your private keys compromised and you should proceed on creating new ones, again on the offline, malware free machine.

At least it should be done like this and this is indeed very inconvenient if done properly.
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:21:14 AM

Id trust trezor but my problem is for the price of it I could pretty much buy another .5 btc and just use paper wallets.
You have to spend some money for the security of your money. lol
shogdite

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:03:45 AM

I can say that I do trust the Trezor wallet as I have had one holding my coin for quite some time without issue. Saying that I will never put all my eggs in one basket 'hardware wallet' and I do spread them across Ledger and Trezor and 50% in cold storage. With the time it has been out and the amount of eyes that have looked over the coding like yourself that gives me more faith. If something was to happen I would have thought it would already but who knows that is why only around 25% is kept on there and I can recover from that.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:23:35 AM

From what I understand the trezor guys are very trustworthy. Unfortunately since bitcoin is still so
young its like the wild west so nothing would surprise me. Even if we found out they were putting
software on it that steals.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
HostSurf

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:25:19 AM

I've heard of trezor lately, haven't heard any negative thing about it.

I might try it out if I have such an amount of bitcoins someday.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 10:32:18 AM

I'm not so sure,  I mean trezor is cool and all but I've never heard of anyone hacking a paper wallet. 

LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:12:44 PM

For now I'm using

I'm not so sure,  I mean trezor is cool and all but I've never heard of anyone hacking a paper wallet. 

That's one of the reason that I'm sticking to my paper wallet for now. Trezor has been recommended by a friend of mine and he purchased one as well on black friday. I might try it out someday to test it for myself.

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 12:27:20 PM

For now I'm using

That's one of the reason that I'm sticking to my paper wallet for now. Trezor has been recommended by a friend of mine and he purchased one as well on black friday. I might try it out someday to test it for myself.

For sure,  if they came down to a cheaper price I'd probably buy one just cause I like the way it works.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: