Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you trust trezor?  (Read 10209 times)
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:52:26 PM

Well with paper wallet the ink can go out with paper wallet you need to becareful with water fire and other thinks.

I have read some reviews about trezor and it is prety good.
Try throwing it on fire, or water... And see what happens.

You can secure it, to prevent this from happening. Make backups of your paper wallet and safe it in different places.
You could plasticize your paper wallet as well.

Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:35:24 PM

I've seen alot of reviews on it for the past couple of years, and have yet to see a single negative comment about the security of trezor. although personally i wouldnt buy it because of the price. if you can afford it i definitely recommend it.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:55:26 PM

Well with paper wallet the ink can go out with paper wallet you need to becareful with water fire and other thinks.

I have read some reviews about trezor and it is prety good.
Try throwing it on fire, or water... And see what happens.

You can secure it, to prevent this from happening. Make backups of your paper wallet and safe it in different places.
You could plasticize your paper wallet as well.

But then I would just rather use a paper wallet that spend the money a Trezor is worth for, which I could save to buy more Bitcoin. Honestly I still don't see the big necessity of it unless you are a person that is traveling the world constantly and needs mobility, if not, then a secured desktop computer and a paper wallet will do.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:56:38 PM

I've seen alot of reviews on it for the past couple of years, and have yet to see a single negative comment about the security of trezor. although personally i wouldnt buy it because of the price. if you can afford it i definitely recommend it.

I think the price is oke, some people buy for a leather wallet is more than 100 dollars.
With this trezor your bitcoin is protedcted, if you are holding your bitcoin for a long time beter buy this.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:02:17 PM

Yep, same here. I might try it out once I reach the amount of bitcoins that I think are worth buying trezor for.
I haven't seen a single negative thing about it yet
StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:10:32 PM

The current price for a Trezor is about 0.4 BTC.
I recommend you wait until your bitcoin holdings are 10-20 times that (4-8 BTC) before you invest in a Trezor.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:14:55 PM

Since the keys are stored on the trezor device and not on the internet, you could say trezor is currently one of the safest wallets out there. I'm considering to buy one device from trezor myself in the future.
However I think that one is capable of securing their own wallets. The security risk isn't that high yet in my opinion.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:32:27 PM

I recommend you wait until your bitcoin holdings are 10-20 times that (4-8 BTC) before you invest in a Trezor.

or when the value of one bitcoin will be big enough that you can buy 1 trezor with 0.1 and store there 1btc, by your logic

still too expensive for me, i would prefer a more cheaper solution that come with the same efatures, when in the future trezor and other wallet will become a standard thing, the price will diminish
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 06:42:41 PM

If bitcoin was accepted more i would probably buy one rather than holding them on my phone. but until then i will stick to paper for storage and phone for spending.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:55:06 PM

Personally I don't like hardware wallets at all. They are fancy gadgets for me now. They are advertised as your ultimate bitcoin storing device but you can pretty much achieve the same, or even better safety for free.
If you use software wallets and proper manage your passwords, machine security etc your coins will be safely enough. There is no need for Trezor unless you are like bitcoin millionaire imho.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:27:45 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 07:43:22 PM by damiano

Im not bitcoin rich enough to get a trezor. It would be
like buying a $300 wallet to keep $100 in lol.  I dont think
its a bad deal at all if you were an early adopter and your
sitting on a pile of coins.

You could be said to be an early adopter being here since January 2012. Anyway It is a shame in all this time you didn't build a stack of bitcoins and be able to store some of them away on a Trezor Wink

op I have a Trezor among others and hold the most in Trezor as I feel that is the safest of the hardware wallets. I trust it enough to store a good amount of bitcoin on like yourself and has been a good choice until now! I don't have any doubts it will continue to be.

Edit: Disclaimer, I don't have a massive amount of coins but the price is small really to make your coin that bit safer. I trust them the most of all the hardware wallets and even more so as I have a trusted friend also look over the code and tell me as far as he can see all is good. Many experienced people have also had their eyes on the code etc
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:34:43 PM

What ever you use you should trust them, like coinbase, like xapo or like ledger you should trust them a little bit to use their service, so nothing is 100% safe but you should trust them.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:09:22 PM

As I mentioned above somewhere in this thread, I like the Trezor!  (I also like the Ledger Nano)

The only thing that worries me a bit about the Trezor (besides "insider hacking" problem just written above) is that the device seems plastic-y and not very sturdy looking.

Has ANYONE had a Trezor fall apart?

Mine has not, but it just seems flimsy.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:15:19 PM

As I mentioned above somewhere in this thread, I like the Trezor!  (I also like the Ledger Nano)

The only thing that worries me a bit about the Trezor (besides "insider hacking" problem just written above) is that the device seems plastic-y and not very sturdy looking.

Has ANYONE had a Trezor fall apart?

Mine has not, but it just seems flimsy.

Plastic-y is not neccesarily a bad thing. It allows for cheaper production and is just as durable as a metal casing. The only thing is that it feels weak and cheap, but that shouldn't be much of a problem right?
Unless you really use it on a daily basis, than I can imagine that you want something stronger.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:26:56 PM

Trezors are great. Even using it is childsplay. However don't go all playing stuntman with it. The device itself is strong, but it would probably not survive some water or a fall from a higher ground.
Straux

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:30:38 PM

Id personally trust trezor more than I trust myself. That rules out every single computer based bitcoin wallet, and coinbase... Well the turn-off is that I can't import addresses.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 09:45:20 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 10:05:01 PM by BitcoinNewsMagazine

Your logic is flawed. No amount of bitcoin is too small to lose to malware. New users should start right with a hardware wallet and then would never have to worry about malware stealing their bitcoin. If you can not afford a Trezor the Ledger HW.1 sells for less than $20.

vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:48:22 PM

I currently have ~2 BTC stored in a Ledger Wallet. It's cheaper than trezor and IMHO it offers the same security... what do you guys think?
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:59:30 PM

Id personally trust trezor more than I trust myself. That rules out every single computer based bitcoin wallet, and coinbase... Well the turn-off is that I can't import addresses.

That part is very nasty. Not be able to use your own/previous wallets makes it not usable (for me at least). The overal reviews i read about trezor are quite good actually.
Maybe I will buy some one day, just for kicks.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:03:10 PM

I remember when I first bought it. Their site was down 3 hours after of putting my BTC inside. I was sweating for 10 minutes. Feeling was really bad.
Eventually, site got back up and life continued.

I love Trezor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: