Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Companies that pay in Bitcoin ?  (Read 4632 times)
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:50:27 PM

I was wondering if any of the biggest companies in the world (Microsoft, Dell, Apple, Mc Donald...) accept to pay his employees in Bitcoin. If none actually propose it, it's sad because it's still impossible to live outside the fiat system Sad.
So, do you know one ? Or do you know a small/medium company around where you live that do this ? As for me I do not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:00:18 PM

Personally I don't know anyone who receive payment in bitcoin for his daily job. But I've seen some info about that around the web, you can read more:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/canadian-companies-start-paying-employees-bitcoin/

or

http://www.coindesk.com/companies-paying-employees-bitcoin/

Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:06:30 PM

Some time ago Microsoft USA accepted  bitcoin for their BTC i read.

Not sure if they still accept it.
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:09:31 PM

Personally I don't know anyone who receive payment in bitcoin for his daily job. But I've seen some info about that around the web, you can read more:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/canadian-companies-start-paying-employees-bitcoin/

or

That's interesting but unfortunately it's only technology-related companies. I can't wait to see the day where supermarket employees will be able to be paid in Bitcoin. Also that's surprising that a big parts of the companies that the two press articles talk about are from Canada.

Some time ago Microsoft USA accepted  bitcoin for their BTC i read.

I was talking about companies that pay his employees in Bitcoin, not that accept Bitcoin as a way of payment.
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:16:24 PM

only some country give permission to company pay salary with bitcoin
and canada do it Wink

read this about canadian regulation
http://www.coindesk.com/canadas-new-regulations-mean-bitcoin-businesses/
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:20:30 PM

i don't think these mega companies will decide to pay out their employees in bitcoin in the near future, if ever. i am not sure anymore what company it was, but the employees there have received their holiday money fully in bitcoin.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:26:44 PM

or

That's interesting but unfortunately it's only technology-related companies. I can't wait to see the day where supermarket employees will be able to be paid in Bitcoin. Also that's surprising that a big parts of the companies that the two press articles talk about are from Canada.

Some time ago Microsoft USA accepted  bitcoin for their BTC i read.

Ah my bad.

Paying salaries in bitcoin will not happen this coming years. Bitcoins volatitly prevents it.

Ask yourself, would you take such huge volatiliy risks and end up paying your employees 30% more?

Salary payment is end of the month prompt. No chance to hold it a few more days to cut losses.

I was talking about companies that pay his employees in Bitcoin, not that accept Bitcoin as a way of payment.
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:32:12 PM

and canada do it Wink

I was not aware of the Canadian legislation about Bitcoin. That's a positive thing. I hope that someday such laws will come to France.

i don't think these mega companies will decide to pay out their employees in bitcoin in the near future, if ever. i am not sure anymore what company it was, but the employees there have received their holiday money fully in bitcoin.

If Bitcoin ever goes mainstream, that's highly possible that big companies accept to pay his employees in bitcoins, especially if they're from the technology sector.

Ah my bad.

Paying salaries in bitcoin will not happen this coming years. Bitcoins volatitly prevents it.

Ask yourself, would you take such huge volatiliy risks and end up paying your employees 30% more?

Salary payment is end of the month prompt. No chance to hold it a few more days to cut losses.

The price volatility is not a problem. Let's say that you buy 20 000$ of bitcoins to pay your employees, if the price increase three days later and make that those 20 000$ are now worth 30 000$, you don't lose money, you just don't win it. Since your employees need to be paid every month the same, you just buy how much their salary is worth in bitcoins at the payday.
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:32:31 PM

You can always buy Bitcoin with your paycheck so i dont see any problem there. In my country you cant be paid in dollars or euros for example, you can only take local currency and change it for any other.
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:42:43 PM

You can always buy Bitcoin with your paycheck so i dont see any problem there. In my country you cant be paid in dollars or euros for example, you can only take local currency and change it for any other.

I find that buying bitcoins is not an easy task. Also, being paid directly in bitcoins saves you money from transaction fees.
sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:49:26 PM

and canada do it Wink

I was not aware of the Canadian legislation about Bitcoin. That's a positive thing. I hope that someday such laws will come to France.

it's very good news for bitcoin and i hope more country make a regulation about bitcoin

I find that buying bitcoins is not an easy task. Also, being paid directly in bitcoins saves you money from transaction fees.

are you seriously ? i think buying bitcoin is easy task
you can use localbitcoin or local exchanger
or you can buy paypal/PM/payeer with your local currency then change it to bitcoin

I think some company give salary with local currency is better than bitcoin it's more stable currency, and i doubt every worker know about bitcoin except biggest company/online company like microsoft
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:54:25 PM

I was wondering if any of the biggest companies in the world (Microsoft, Dell, Apple, Mc Donald...) accept to pay his employees in Bitcoin. If none actually propose it, it's sad because it's still impossible to live outside the fiat system Sad.
So, do you know one ? Or do you know a small/medium company around where you live that do this ? As for me I do not.

I have heard time ago that exist a company in Poland in which the employees accepted to be paid in bitcoin. Because it is not only the owner who can decide in this question. Must be accepted even by employers. The market of bitcoin is very limited. So maybe most of the people may have no desire to accept to be paid in bitcoin. Needed to convert those in the local currency and this has fee. So their salary become fewer. I don't know if the above company continue to paid its employees in bitcoin because have not heard more from that but I think that are very few the companies which can use bitcoin as a payment method. Bitcoin has limited potential of use (most of the people spent almost all their money out of internet): so this kind of payment is not very convenient in our days.
croato

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:03:10 PM

If buying Bitcoins is hard task in your country, selling is also hard i guess. So how you would pay your bills and food there if you are paid in Bitcoins? I like better to be paid in local currency than in Bitcoins for sure, that way i can pay my bills and with surplus i can buy Bitcoins no problem.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:15:29 PM

there should be bitwage that let you recieve your wage in bitcoin directly

but it should be so different than buying thoese coins yourself on any exchange
bitlancr

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:23:42 PM

A bitwage solution is perfect for adoption, like others here state the potential loss (volatiliy) will scare companies.

Maybe a solution where the company buys the coins and 1 hour later the coins are paid to the employees is the one to go with.
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:44:11 PM

If buying Bitcoins is hard task in your country, selling is also hard i guess. So how you would pay your bills and food there if you are paid in Bitcoins? I like better to be paid in local currency than in Bitcoins for sure, that way i can pay my bills and with surplus i can buy Bitcoins no problem.

That's right, paying bills and food is hard with Bitcoin. Bills is impossible, but food is still possible. I'd like to take the risk because I'm sure that Bitcoin price will skyrocket in a few (a lot of) years (decades).
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:08:25 PM

If nothing's changed I believe BitPay would pay their employees a percent of their salaries in Bitcoin. I know of a few small companies that pay in bitcoin and many freelancers have received payment in bitcoin. The problem - in my country at least - is that you would actually have to pay much much higher taxes if you're not getting paid in the local currency.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:33:36 PM

It's not easy but it's getting easier and easier! Trust me, just last year was much harder.

I wouldn't want to be paid in Bitcoin completely either. It's still too risky in my opinion and my kids must eat every day. I am still not willing to take this risk!

Overstock.com obliges their employees to receive 10% of their salaries in Bitcoin. I haven't heard of others!
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 05:40:01 AM

Well, I don't know about any large corporations paying with bitcoin but that's all I get paid with when I do work. Here's a site that pay's in bitcoin for freelance work....it's pretty good work too if you have some skills.

https://www.xbtfreelancer.com/index.php
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:21:09 AM

I've never came across a company that used bitcoin to pay their employees

Would be cool to see this happen one day
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: