Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most common questions regarding Bitcointalk - An FAQ  (Read 2185 times)
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 02:03:51 PM

Great thread, it is very helpful, for instance :
Q - Can you delete my thread/post?

A - If no-one has seen a thread, you can delete it by pressing the delete button in the top right. You can do this at any time with a post except in the Auctions section to prevent abuse.

I didn't know this that one can delete a thread on their own but what does it mean if no one has seen it? Are you referring to the views or does it means if it doesn't have any posts?

I think there is another way to delete one's own thread (haven't tried it) but I think one can lock their thread and move it to "Archival" and it will probably be deleted by mods.cmiiw

PS: This thread should be stickied in Meta or Beginners & help section.
Its the "Views" not "Posts". At any rate, due to sheer hugeness of forum, getting 0 views is not possible, that and due to the bots indexing bitcointalk.
If you want your own thread to be moved to trash or such, edit your OP accordingly or make a new post, and then report your thread with the post link, tried and tested.

Ok, so it's views but yeah, by the time you probably decide to delete it, it would probably have a couple of views. Btw, I did report one of my thread to be deleted like that and it was removed alright but my report accuracy dropped  Undecided and I never did it again.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:19:34 PM

I was surprised when saw we can delete our posts Tongue

Maybe the FAQ should also add that you shouldn't post stupid shit just to increase your post count for your sig campaign, exactly like you did.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:05:32 AM

I was surprised when saw we can delete our posts Tongue

Maybe the FAQ should also add that you shouldn't post stupid shit just to increase your post count for your sig campaign, exactly like you did.

If you really think he is, then report his posts for spamming. I did mention signature ads and spamming briefly in the FAQ in the "Why did a moderator delete my post/thread?" question.

Updating the thread to have more questions at the moment, by the way.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:35:07 AM

Great FAQ. I've got a question:

Are Signature Campaigns generally looked down on? If they are, which are the most despised? Why are they despised? Are there any that are respected, due to their toughness to get into?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 11:43:22 AM

Are Signature Campaigns generally looked down on? If they are, which are the most despised? Why are they despised? Are there any that are respected, due to their toughness to get into?

I don't really want to give an answer to this as it would be very easy to create bias in this question. It's a bit of a leading question, too, and I don't want to show preference to any one signature campaign in a thread designed to be a general FAQ.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:14:44 PM

Well IMO yobit and secondstrade are the ones generally looked down upon, then comes bitmixer. The respected ones are any campaign Carra23 runs, which currently he doesn't seem to run, that person is one strict manager.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 12:21:44 PM

Well IMO yobit and secondstrade are the ones generally looked down upon, then comes bitmixer. The respected ones are any campaign Carra23 runs, which currently he doesn't seem to run, that person is one strict manager.

That seems like a pretty fair analysis, and I'd generally agree with you there. But still, I'm not going to add the question to the OP as I don't think it belongs in a thread such as this which isn't supposed to poke against specific companies or services.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:10:50 PM

Another short question that I don't want to be made into a thread: Aren't Chartbuddy's nearly 15 mins stats posts unneeded bumps?
Edit: Oh and this is a free bump for this thread as well
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:48:13 AM

This thread really should be pinned. I've learned alot. I don't think the units of evil system is very wheel known and understood, and if someone shed some light on it, that would be great for all users of this community.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:20:17 PM

Bump.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: