Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:22:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you know your own Bitcoin address?  (Read 4390 times)
Morros

Activity: 282
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:16:09 AM

Well, I just got into the Bitcoin scene today, so I can say frankly that I had to write down my address as its too long to remember.
Hope my entry into this scene will prove profitable for me.. Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:32:25 AM

My only static address is the sig.  It is one from when I first started in BTC. I do not have it memorized.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
librty

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:41:28 AM

Know haha, everytime I need it I have to open my blockchain and copy it
CoinBateman

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:31:47 AM

I got a vanity address that I thought i'd memorize. Gave up obviously.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:34:55 AM

I don't remember by Bitcoin address but what I do know is the 1st 3 characters and last 3 characters. I don't plan to memorize the whole address as it will just be a reason to make a mistake when forwarding your address to someone.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:36:11 AM

Ok that sounds like a silly question, but what I mean to say is do you know it all, in your head - could you write down the full address with no errors?

I have several vanity addresses and of course know the primary details but not the rest, including upper / lower case and number sequences.

I have been thinking about this lately and just wanted to put it out there  Grin

i have a QR code on the back of my business cards..
easy to hand out and easy for recipients to scan.. rather then hand typing the lengthy address..

writing out the lengthy address is soo old school. something not really done in the 21st century of camera's or copy&paste.

but the other question you can ask.. does anyone know their entire credit/debit card number off by heart.. i think you will get the same low percentage of people saying yes

i use one credit card all the time to buy things online.. i have the numbers memorized.  actually several people i know, know their credit card number by heart.  it just saves time if you shop online alot.  and yes i know i should be buying everything with bitcoin not credit cards, but that time is just not here yet.

also theres no point to know your bitcoin address.. on the other hand if you could memorize your private key, thats a different story.
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 567

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:48:15 AM

FYI, If you do remember first few characters of your bitcoin address,  blockonomics has a handy feature to search vanity addresses (supports prefixes of 4-10 characters).

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:19:48 AM

quite interesting question. No, i don't even know 5 word of my bitcoin address. I manage to remember atleast first two and last two letter of my most used bitcoin address.

BTT

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:38:13 AM

I don't think we need to remember the whole bitcoin address. What I normally do is to remember the first 5 and the last 4  characters of it, to make sure I send the correct address to the senders, or send to the correct address. That is enough.

HardForkComing

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:39:29 AM

I'm not sure if anyone remembers the first 10 characters of his address Tongue

Why would someone do that? Except if he wanted to be a human wallet?
TipZ

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:47:12 AM

I don't need to remember my whole bitcoin adress, it's already hard enough for me to remember all my different password ,)
RustNan

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:55:04 AM

I use many addresses for different transactions. So I do not remember any of the addresses.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:15:24 AM

i just click on my profile here and voila, i also remember that it start with 1AR

i planned to remember it enterely but it's difficult, and anyway wat's the point, you can do faster by copy-pasting instead of writing
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:32:09 AM

I have number of addresses, there is no reason for me to memorize it. I have one address, the old one which I posted he in bitcoitalk as proof. But I do not remember it.
paffie

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:34:35 AM

I know the very first and very last letter of my main addy... Offcourse i don't know all letters of all addresses i ever used...

Offcourse, when you create a vanity address, it might be easyer to remember more letters, but i think there's a danger in using these, since a malicious user might create an address with the same starting letters in order to confuse you or somebody that has to send you some coins
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:35:02 AM

Not really for what comes to me , I have my address (with blockchain.info) on my Bookmarks so when I need I just go there but I most of the time I know the first four/five characters of my address (In case I have that kind of virus that paste another address when you copy yours or something) It can be useful to remember a little part of your address sometimes  .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:40:46 AM

I do remember my first bitcoin address as it was the most precious one ! After that as needs increased I kept on creating new addresses to suit my needs and lost the tracked since then .
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:41:38 AM

I don't know my address.  I tend to use a few different ones and there is no reason to really memorise your address when you can just copy amd paste it, we have moved so far from the days when you had to remember things  Smiley
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:41:49 AM

My memory is not so good that I can remember all those addresses. Have not tried it but otherwise you'll be popping crazy. Handy all these digital tools today Grin
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:27:32 AM

No I can't just right my Bitcoin addres with my head is to long and capitle letter and more.

I only know the 5 charrackters at beggining and the last and the middle is just blank for me.

If you know your adress with out any errors than I think you are robot Tongue jk

But than is awesome you can know your own address.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: