Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does they really help?
Yes - 13 (39.4%)
No - 20 (60.6%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric cigarettes  (Read 4706 times)
azeminjo09 (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:54:23 PM

Do they really helped you to quit cigarettes

I'm smoking about 2 years, its not too much but now I'm starting to worry about cancer it can cause. But every morning I woke up and thinking to light one so I did it. And I'm thinking to switch to electric cigarettes.
So I'm asking if there is anyone with experience, can tell me are they really helping to quit smoking and are they more or less healthy.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faradey100

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:11:40 PM

I guess no,taste is like water pipe with more exotic aromats and l always have headaches after smoking that electric cigarettes.
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:07:45 AM

Electric cigarettes won't help you quit smoking, after some time you will go to the store and buy yourself cigarettes, it is just a waste of money. There is not a more effective way to quit smoking than to reduce the number of smoked cigarettes per day, and than quit it. I know it is hard, but you have to be strong so you can quit. Find something to do and not to think to smoke a cigarette, that will also help you. Also, you can start swimming, that is an activity that requires large lungs capacity, and with some time you will feel sick when you light a cigarette. I am glad you decided to quit smoking, it will be hard, but stay strong Smiley)) Do not give your money away for some stupid electric cigarette.
xCynosure

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:50:18 AM

Through my nursing practice, I've seen individuals quit using e-cigs, just as I have with the gum, patch, reduction strategies, cold turkey, etc.  Everyone finds their own method... and many individuals require more than one attempt to quit.

The only thing I would caution with e-cigarettes is that it can become habitual on it's own in terms of taste, should you choose flavoured varieties. For many people, it is substituting one vice for another... but, as far as the most recent studies go, e-cigarettes are the lesser evil of the two.

*Edit: Good for you on looking into quitting, though. Smiley It is by far one of the best things you can do for your health.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:03:20 AM

I guess no,taste is like water pipe with more exotic aromats and l always have headaches after smoking that electric cigarettes.

Electric cigarettes won't help you quit smoking, after some time you will go to the store and buy yourself cigarettes, it is just a waste of money.
Wrong, don't listen to this nonsense.

Firstly you won't have headaches or anything similar if you buy quality vaping gear (there are fine premium sets). Secondly it will help you quit and it might not. With 'might not', I mean you will most likely switch to vaping completely. Not only is it 95% safer than smoking, it is also cheaper and there is no bad smell (can be quite nice depending on flavor). What you could do is start somewhere high (9-12mg nicotine) and stop smoking completely. Then just reduce the dosage every X amount of time. I started at 12 and I'm already down to 6 mg.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:10:12 PM

Mate, if you never stop with smoking, believe me that electric cigarettes will not help you...

The last article that I was read about electric cigarettes was very frightening. The scholars find out that electric cigarettes makes you more addicted to nicotine and plus the final result is Cancer! There are in fact more dangerous then the normal cigarettes. Also, for example if you spent 50 dollars on cigarettes every month, you will gonna need x2 or more money if you want to smoke electric cigarettes.

I suggest you to stop with smoking sooner or later. Because, the other thing that the normal cigarettes have is GMO. It's makes you feel like you need that crap all the time.

I know it's sounds crazy, but Cannabis is the best way to quit with smoking! Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 12:27:37 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 12:40:09 PM by Lauda

-snipped due to idiocy and nonsense-
This is all wrong and propaganda spread by some media. Everything you have written is completely wrong. To summarize correct information:

1) Vaping helps quit completely or switch to vaping;
2) Vaping is 95% healthier than smoking;
3) Vaping does not make you more addicted, you can buy 0mg nicotine flavors;
4) Vaping is cheaper than smoking (you can easily vape each day for 2 weeks with a 5ml bottle (5$), unless you're a heavy smoker).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:32:43 PM

Well, addiction is a touchy subject.
For everyone, addiction is a variable. It can be serious or light, to each his own.
The 90% effective method is to reduce to number of cigarrettes per day, as someone already said above.
Moving from one smoke to an electrical version of that smoke, even if it lacks most of the harmful chemicals, is not any better for your habit.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 05:42:02 PM

no it will not
i even hear and read in some cases some people got more addicted to nicotine after puffing that electric smokepole some time, because of reasons..
like it doesn't smell "bad" as regular smokepoling you can puff moar and stuff..

see it as regular gas and unleaded gas.
goverment and their scientists prommised us we would polute less with unleaded, what happened?
feeling less guilty about driving and poluting around and started to drive and buy cars even more.
i don't know about other countries, but here it did.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
dloghwak

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:48:28 PM

Do they really helped you to quit cigarettes

I'm smoking about 2 years, its not too much but now I'm starting to worry about cancer it can cause. But every morning I woke up and thinking to light one so I did it. And I'm thinking to switch to electric cigarettes.
So I'm asking if there is anyone with experience, can tell me are they really helping to quit smoking and are they more or less healthy.
Thanks
I tried it back than when I was still smoking, but I quit e-cigarettes quite fast as I haven't enjoyed it at all.
I had exactly the same worries about my health and cancer that I quit cold turkey, it still needed a few tries but know I'm smoke free for almost one year and it feels great.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:55:12 PM

If u like to smoke smoke real thing, this electronic "things" are evil. I dont know how people can even smoke this things, its just crazy.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:28:31 PM

I think its not really help about our health.. and it can cause canser..
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 06:54:33 PM

dont think will hep anyhow.
If u like to smoke smoke real thing, this electronic "things" are evil. I dont know how people can even smoke this things, its just crazy.
I think its not really help about our health.. and it can cause canser..
no it will not
i even hear and read in some cases some people got more addicted to nicotine after puffing that electric smokepole some time, because of reasons..
like it doesn't smell "bad" as regular smokepoling you can puff moar and stuff..
Useless post farming. Ignore them.

-snip-
Moving from one smoke to an electrical version of that smoke, even if it lacks most of the harmful chemicals, is not any better for your habit.
It is not? The day that I bought my vaping kit I stopped smoking. I'm reducing my nicotine dosage slowly to 0 mg. Once I am at 0mg, what is your point exactly?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
fortuity

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:14:06 PM

just fresher than the old cigarettes
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 08:03:05 PM

It's just another load of bullshit that the tabacco companies are trying to sell people, I think electronic cigarettes are at least more polite because they don't put out the same awful stink everywhere like normal cigarettes do but health wise they are just as bad as normal cigarettes.

The only way to get healthy is to get off them entirely, just face it, I do have a lot of respect for people who use e-cigerattes instead though because like I said, better for everybody else.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 08:04:43 PM

It's just another load of bullshit that the tabacco companies are trying to sell people..
Incorrect. Unless you think that every study as this one is fake. I'm not exactly sure how this would make sense to them either, because their profits would go down?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
xCynosure

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:15:25 PM

....Wow.

Well, I applaud Lauda on actually taking a look at research and not just spewing out the crap he/she saw on a FB post once, or developing an opinion based on ill-conceived preconceptions. 

Electronic cigarettes work for some, and not for others... But to say that e-cigarettes are "just as bad" as cigarettes should immediately cue you not to listen to those particular individuals as they have no idea what they are talking about.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:28:29 PM

lol I don't mind being proven wrong, I have to say though I'm still suspicious though because I'd need to know about the links these guys have to any tobacco companies and which government officials are looking at this before I 99% believe it, when I see people pushing for something so heavily I'm often very skeptical about it.
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:29:15 PM

i actually have never done electric cigarettes so i dont know the difference
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:29:59 PM

Not smoking is generally your safest bet to staying healthy anyway, putting any kind of shit inside your lungs is bad for you, people can get high off glue, which is why I'm not completely convinced.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: