Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy and Kraken Targeted with Extreme DDoS Attacks  (Read 1095 times)
RealPhotoshoper (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:59:48 AM

Cryptsy, a Belize-based cryptocurrency and bitcoin subordinates trade has been experiencing a progression of great dissent of administration (DDoS) assaults, that have successfully handicapped the site and bitcoin wallets since November 22.

"Because of a server disappointment all wallets are stopped. Will have them back online as fast as could be allowed. Site disconnected from the net because of foreswearing of administration assault. We are attempting to moderate," declared the Cryptsy group.

In the course of recent weeks, noticeable bitcoin trades and installment handling stage including Kraken and OKCoin have been focused with DDoS assaults of comparable extent, briefly impairing bitcoin records and withdrawals amid the late bitcoin value surge.

"Association issue was because of DDoS yet ought to be determined at this point. Said "some" before in light of the fact that uncertain of the degree around then. The DDoS is progressing yet most ought to have admittance now. Statements of regret – this was an expansive assault and took more time to relieve," said Kraken at the time.

As per the declaration of Kraken on the other hand, the mysterious hacking gathering behind the DDoS assault is by all accounts the same association which focused on encoded mail administration supplier Protonmail on November 6.

"The site is under DDoS right now. Blackmail letter got. Clearly, not paying. If you don't mind hold on for us," reported Kraken.

Dissimilar to Kraken, Protonmail and other Switzerland-based tech firms and bitcoin new businesses have effectively paid a little measure of bitcoins to the programmers to ask for a prompt end of DDoS assaults. In any case, the association kept on dispatching extensive DDoS assaults, constraining Protonmail and other tech examination gatherings to dispatch a community examination with universal law authorization and Swiss law organizations to unwind the countenances behind the digital wrongdoing.

"We have been working with the Swiss Governmental Computer Emergency Response Team (GovCERT), the Cybercrime Coordination Unit Switzerland (CYCO), as a major aspect of a progressing criminal examination being led here in Switzerland and with the help of Europol," said the Protonmail group.

At present, Cryptsy and Kraken are relieving the assault and enhancing its insurance against DDoS assaults through cutting edge efforts to establish safety and conventions.

As indicated by is "it down at this moment" be that as it may, the Cryptsy trade stage was closed down for around 4 straight hours since 01:57 AM to 6:15 AM.

Because of the progressing DDoS assaults, Cryptsy clients may encounter trouble in pulling back assets from their cryptocurrency accounts.

This is a creating story and newsBTC will keep on upgrading as we get new date.

Royal Macro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:11:22 AM

"Because of the progressing DDoS assaults, Cryptsy clients may encounter trouble in pulling back assets from their cryptocurrency accounts."

Seems legit , Cryptsy didn't allow their clients to withdraw since long time ago so it has nothing to do with their current DDOS attack (if there is any) . They will try to make a better scenario then Mt.gox and run away with clients funds if you ask me .
and if it's actually true (that a DDOS attack is happening) then I can't say I feel sorry about those people because I don't , and for what comes to the clients ... they couldn't take their funds before , so this changes nothing for them .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:18:40 AM

A new mintpal, a new mt.gox, a new scam... this is what cryptsy is going to be. I don't know if decentralized exchanges are the answer but we need a shift in the paradigm. We can't deny the usage of exchanges: we need almost bulletproof ones!
We have the most secure coin and we need the most secure exchanges

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:24:11 AM

Exchange collapse and lax security and trust protocols unfortunately come hand in hand.
As long as exchanges remain centralized in some form and not entirely decentralized sites can run away with a users funds.
Gox, Vircurrex, Bitfunder, Mintpal, Cryptsy the list goes on.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:15:12 AM

Exchange collapse and lax security and trust protocols unfortunately come hand in hand.
As long as exchanges remain centralized in some form and not entirely decentralized sites can run away with a users funds.

Im happy with kraken, i know who runs the exchange, i know roger ver is an investor.  I know they done an audit.   I dont think its impossible they have a "problem" but its less likely and i only have a small amount in the exchange anyway.
EternalWingsofGod

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:20:31 AM

Im happy with kraken, i know who runs the exchange, i know roger ver is an investor.  I know they done an audit.   I dont think its impossible they have a "problem" but its less likely and i only have a small amount in the exchange anyway.

Well maybe not Kraken your right about that but to be fair many people thought Mintpal was fairly trustworthy at the time because of Alex Green who was really Ryan Kennedy.
That said your right it's not fair to point fingers if one exchange is having issues cryptsy while the other one is running smoothly enough kraken and Ver is also running forum.bitcoin.com so having the Bitcoin domain and running a scam with kraken would be strange stuff.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:23:30 AM

Im happy with kraken, i know who runs the exchange, i know roger ver is an investor.  I know they done an audit.   I dont think its impossible they have a "problem" but its less likely and i only have a small amount in the exchange anyway.

Well maybe not Kraken your right about that but to be fair many people thought Mintpal was fairly trustworthy at the time because of Alex Green who was really Ryan Kennedy.
That said your right it's not fair to point fingers if one exchange is having issues cryptsy while the other one is running smoothly enough kraken and Ver is also running forum.bitcoin.com so having the Bitcoin domain and running a scam with kraken would be strange stuff.

Yeah thats what i figure, kraken aren't also super huge so maybe a scam isn't worth it for the people involved.  I think they have sorted out any ddos issues now lets hope so.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:26:38 AM

Just saying to me this always seems to happen when the price of BTC shoots up. Or is it unrelated?

Stuff 'suddenly is unavailable for withdrawl' hmmmmmmmm

just saying Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
EternalWingsofGod

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:34:12 AM

Yeah thats what i figure, kraken aren't also super huge so maybe a scam isn't worth it for the people involved.  I think they have sorted out any ddos issues now lets hope so.

As long as the exchange does not declare bankruptcy gets rescued by a scammer and moves to a new platform all in a matter of days we should be alright, I did feel it was pointing out that a DDOS technically was not what took out mintpal it was a buyout.
Time does tell with these types of issues so it's best to presume the worst and give them some time to resolve.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:01:56 AM

Cryptsy wwbsite has been unreliable from the start,  i doubt its an outside attack

did they ever have any quality assurance in the first place

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:38:45 AM

Cryptsy wwbsite has been unreliable from the start,  i doubt its an outside attack

well they were never hacked , so they are kinda trustworthy, but their service was very slow lately, and they added too much unneeded shit for security

to be honest i still trust in them, i remember their service solved an issue were i was losing coin in the past, nothing bad in my experience with their exchange
RealPhotoshoper (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:45:05 AM

Just saying to me this always seems to happen when the price of BTC shoots up. Or is it unrelated?

Stuff 'suddenly is unavailable for withdrawl' hmmmmmmmm

just saying Smiley
i dont know,if this all related,maybe will happen to next some exchange.and i think it why so many hardware wallet for now,i dont really believe some exchange,and crptsy is not one of my favourite exchange.
RealPhotoshoper (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:51:23 AM

Cryptsy has problem with their wallet for long time & Cryptsy's customer service really bad, so i'm not surprised if Cryptsy will become scam/bankrupt/gone after this "DDoS Attacks".
I feel sorry for those who still use this service until now.

Maybe that's why people want to use centralized exchange Roll Eyes
are you one of crptsy user?how your experience with their customer service?
i'm also user of this exchange,but i just open account,and never use it,too many shity security there..just what i think
RealPhotoshoper (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:53:23 AM

how you can said like that? "Cryptsy wwbsite has been unreliable from the start" you know them before launching?
so you think crptsy have inside attack?like mt.gox?
RealPhotoshoper (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:56:50 AM

A new mintpal, a new mt.gox, a new scam... this is what cryptsy is going to be. I don't know if decentralized exchanges are the answer but we need a shift in the paradigm. We can't deny the usage of exchanges: we need almost bulletproof ones!
We have the most secure coin and we need the most secure exchanges
"we need almost bulletproof ones" agree with this,and how do you think crptsy will be next scam?i wondering how we defference between scam poetential exchange and not potential exchange?
a lso think that decentralized exchange is not an answer.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:18:46 PM

"Because of the progressing DDoS assaults, Cryptsy clients may encounter trouble in pulling back assets from their cryptocurrency accounts."

Seems legit , Cryptsy didn't allow their clients to withdraw since long time ago so it has nothing to do with their current DDOS attack (if there is any) . They will try to make a better scenario then Mt.gox and run away with clients funds if you ask me .
and if it's actually true (that a DDOS attack is happening) then I can't say I feel sorry about those people because I don't , and for what comes to the clients ... they couldn't take their funds before , so this changes nothing for them .

Exactly this! Kraken I can believe. They have been legit so far and never had any huge problems.

For Cryptsy, this is just a cover up. We all know that they have been falling apart for a while now. I don't trust them at all!
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:07:23 PM

I heard they received a threat and the criminals were asking for a payment. They refused to pay so they got ddossed
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:19:41 PM

well they were never hacked , so they are kinda trustworthy, but their service was very slow lately, and they added too much unneeded shit for security

to be honest i still trust in them, i remember their service solved an issue were i was losing coin in the past, nothing bad in my experience with their exchange

I dont think Cryptsy was never hacked. I was 100% on Cryptsy until they got hacked for Cryptsy points. Some dude hacked it and dumped, so lot of us lost money when we sold our positions to buy cheap points and Craptsy later reverted points trades till before hack. After that i had some dust there and played small but suddenly i got locked out of my account. So in my opinion, Cryptsy sucks for long time now and will be not surprised when they turn full Gox.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:53:26 PM

Another Gox?

Since the last year people are complaining about issues with cryptsy , about bugs, withdraw and deposit problems, among other.

Now they claim they are under DDOS attack to have an excuse to stop withdraws

vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:14:11 PM

Or they really are... don't know... don't care... pulled my coin a while back when they went "tiers" bullshit.

This space not for rent...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: