Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC where are they?  (Read 8453 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:52:38 PM

Is it just me or does the driver in that picture look like a priest who has a small boy in the back seat drinking a beer?
I thought it was Steve Jobs... 0_o

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:55:29 PM

i saw Steve Jobs too Smiley

davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 04:32:57 PM

It is. The public is holding an iDevice.  It must have been around the time of the iPhone 4s announcement.
zorgberg

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:31:44 PM

What's at the end of the road I wonder.  It looks pretty desolate out there.
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 01:23:54 PM

Yes, we're there, almost...
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 01:51:13 PM

I don't have any pre order, so I shouldn't interfere but would there not be a point in telling others not to order anything from BFL or claiming that they'll never market a product, if you are sure you get one yourself so you will have a better chance of recouping your investment as less ASIC's are sold because of slander? 
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:01:56 PM

I don't have any pre order, so I shouldn't interfere but would there not be a point in telling others not to order anything from BFL or claiming that they'll never market a product, if you are sure you get one yourself so you will have a better chance of recouping your investment as less ASIC's are sold because of slander? 

Excellent point Luno. I think the haters fall into two camps,

1. Those that didn't order early when they had the chance and are now kicking themselves.
2. As you said, those who did order and are trying to sow misinformation for their own gain.
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:58:34 PM

3. The ones that didn't pre order because they had decided for themselves that there is not enough evidence shown (working prototype, pictures, etc...). Desperately trying to talk sense into "newbies" not wasting money on an at the moment non existent unicorn?

4. Trolls in general Smiley

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 03:53:46 PM

3. The ones that didn't pre order because they had decided for themselves that there is not enough evidence shown (working prototype, pictures, etc...). Desperately trying to talk sense into "newbies" not wasting money on an at the moment non existent unicorn?

The level of desperation is way too high to have stemmed from a concern about the welfare of others.
Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 05:46:07 AM

I stopped giving a crap for a couple weeks but now I'm back and now BFL's website has actual pictures of the finished product.  That means they have some chips, are assembling and testing some, and are obviously close to shipping.  They might even be packaging right now.  Their original statement that they later buried was that they were realistically going to ship right before Christmas.  Then they said October so everyone placed their pre-orders with their company instead of their competition.  Then they backpedaled and kept saying "well, we don't know though" and "it might be later" and tada, we're back at reality where we started from.

Also, the Steve Jobs in that cartoon would be where he's going already if he wasn't using Apple Maps.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 06:16:08 AM

I stopped giving a crap for a couple weeks but now I'm back and now BFL's website has actual pictures of the finished product.  That means they have some chips, are assembling and testing some, and are obviously close to shipping.  They might even be packaging right now.  Their original statement that they later buried was that they were realistically going to ship right before Christmas.  Then they said October so everyone placed their pre-orders with their company instead of their competition.  Then they backpedaled and kept saying "well, we don't know though" and "it might be later" and tada, we're back at reality where we started from.

Welcome back to giving a crap. Tough to be sure of anything with this company, but last I heard they were awaiting chips and expected them next week, though there was a post saying they'd been delayed again till nearer the end of the month. Josh seems to think they could still get the chips, assemble, test, and ship before the end of the year, but I seriously doubt it given that everything seems to take far longer with this company than they say it will. Plus it'd be right up against Christmas, good luck getting everyone to focus on work.

bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:16:30 AM

Also, the Steve Jobs in that cartoon would be where he's going already if he wasn't using Apple Maps.

They posted pictures of finished product? Damn, go away for one weekend and the world changes. Where abouts did they post them?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:22:10 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2012, 11:42:23 AM by greyhawk

I stopped giving a crap for a couple weeks but now I'm back and now BFL's website has actual pictures of the finished product.  That means they have some chips, are assembling and testing some, and are obviously close to shipping.  

Yeah, only those chips you saw? Mock-ups. They don't have any chips at BFL, mostly because the chips don't even exist yet. Apparently the chips are going to be finished by next week, maybe, with luck. BFL doesn't know. They have no idea when their chips are going to be finished. But it could be next week. With luck. Who knows?

Filtering through the Inaba speak this is probably how it's gonna go:
 - Finally understanding how Asian fabs work, BFL raises their order from 20000 chips to 100000 to bump up their place in the production queue.
 - Fab decides they finally have time for that weirdo BFL company to do their miniscule run on the 11th. This is under provision no big orders from LG come in in the mean time because boy that Nexus 4 is selling like hotcakes. If that happens BFLs run is gonna be pushed back to "whenever".
 - Assuming the 11th happens and the run actually starts, you can add about 4-5 weeks for production of these things.
 - On 21st of December the world ends
 - In the middle of January the chips are finished. Inaba decides to hop in a plane and fly over to the fab to hand receive the chips. Turns out, all planes crashed during the end of the world. Instead the chips are shipped over to 'merica by boat.
 - Middle of March the chips finally arrive in what is now called the Independent State of California. Customs officials hold what they assume to be weapons grade military devices until the end of the war with Texas finally ends in a stalemate.
- 2015: ASICs arrive at BFL studios (a subsidiary of bAvalon International). No one knows what to do with them because all bitcoins were wiped out by the EMP pulse from Planet Rth'Nag'Ar.
- 2016: bAvalon strings the chips up on metal bars to produce a first-of-its-kind mathematics device they call The Abacus.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 07:13:21 PM

What is really funny is:

All the haters/trolling is just creating free advertisements for BFL..  lol

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 09:17:18 PM

- Finally understanding how Asian fabs work, BFL raises their order from 20000 chips to 100000 to bump up their place in the production queue.
 - Fab decides they finally have time for that weirdo BFL company to do their miniscule run on the 11th. This is under provision no big orders from LG come in in the mean time because boy that Nexus 4 is selling like hotcakes. If that happens BFLs run is gonna be pushed back to "whenever".
 - Assuming the 11th happens and the run actually starts, you can add about 4-5 weeks for production of these things.
 - In the middle of January the chips are finished. Inaba decides to hop in a plane and fly over to the fab to hand receive the chips. Turns out, all planes crashed during the end of the world. Instead the chips are shipped over to 'merica by boat.
 - Middle of March the chips finally arrive in what is now called the Independent State of California. Customs officials hold what they assume to be weapons grade military devices until the end of the war with Texas finally ends in a stalemate.
- 2015: ASICs arrive at BFL studios (a subsidiary of bAvalon International). No one knows what to do with them because all bitcoins were wiped out by the EMP pulse from Planet Rth'Nag'Ar.
- 2016: bAvalon strings the chips up on metal bars to produce a first-of-its-kind mathematics device they call The Abacus.

Cheesy

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
Panda Mouse

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Gliding...

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 10:37:19 PM

I stopped giving a crap for a couple weeks but now I'm back and now BFL's website has actual pictures of the finished product.  That means they have some chips, are assembling and testing some, and are obviously close to shipping.  

Yeah, only those chips you saw? Mock-ups. They don't have any chips at BFL, mostly because the chips don't even exist yet. Apparently the chips are going to be finished by next week, maybe, with luck. BFL doesn't know. They have no idea when their chips are going to be finished. But it could be next week. With luck. Who knows?

- Fab decides they finally have time for that weirdo BFL company ....

+1  & Smiley

PandaMouse
notthepuma

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:07:56 PM

Don't know about anyone else, but I already canceled my order.  Luckily I was refunded already.  May want to get in before they disappear with your money.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:36:30 PM

Don't know about anyone else, but I already canceled my order.  Luckily I was refunded already.  May want to get in before they disappear with your money.

That is right,  please everyone cancel your order.  hurry. it might be too late!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 01:57:13 PM

- In the middle of January the chips are finished. Inaba decides to hop in a plane and fly over to the fab to hand receive the chips. Turns out, all planes crashed during the end of the world.

On the upside, at least the world ends before Chinese New Year delays can begin Smiley.
zxyzxy

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 02:55:44 PM

4. Trolls in general Smiley

5. those that preordered and are now scared that the whole thing is scam and they will never see their money ever again
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: