Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:40:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC where are they?  (Read 8453 times)
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

You people haven't even seen a prototype, have seen constant delays with unrealistic timelines, no proof at all that there even is an order at a foundry, and you still fall for these obvious scams every single time.

Yeah, you people  Angry.  How many times?  Too many to count, and it's making me just mad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 05:55:30 PM

What is this ROI you keep speaking of in terms of days/weeks/months?

The ROI I'm familiar with is usually expressed in terms of APY or similar.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp

nothing in the bitcoin world is measured in years....

...except perhaps the amount of time that mining gear scammers vendors hold on to idiot's customer's ASIC pre-order funds.  In fairness, though, 'hold on to' is probably an inaccurate term.  I suspect it would be deployed towards hookers and blow pretty rapidly, and I bet a lot of it has been already.

It was not very long ago that one could buy a day's production of Bitcoin for $10k.  Now you'd have to actually obtain some ASIC gear and hit every block for a day to achieve the same end result.  Good luck with that since even if people end up with ASIC gear, a lot of other people will have it also at about the same time.

Oh, but this means thinking in years.  And some forward planning.  And balls of steel.  Sorry about that.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 12:38:46 AM

You people haven't even seen a prototype, have seen constant delays with unrealistic timelines, no proof at all that there even is an order at a foundry, and you still fall for these obvious scams every single time.

Oh yeah? Then put your money where your mouth is by betting against "BFL ASIC is real".

Right now there are only 50.55 BTC on your side, and it will probably stay here, because you are probably too insecure about your own claims...
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 06:50:13 PM

Oh yeah? Then put your money where your mouth is by betting against "BFL ASIC is real".

Right now there are only 50.55 BTC on your side, and it will probably stay here, because you are probably too insecure about your own claims...

That bigger idiocy, who does not like the speculation hardware manufacturers does not like the speculation of a bet. And who likes to speculate and make money buying hardware advance also likes to bet on either side of your bet will be okay ...
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 06:54:43 PM

Ok, it's a scheme and a scam...
it's a scheme if they used the pre-order's money to profit from it while investing in the required machinery to produce something they are yet to have working. It's a scam because they have failed to deliver in the times they specified making the product less valuable every day (difficulty increasing, halving, etc)
Yes, by the time they release a single jalapeño, the $150 jalapeño's ROI will be 6 months or more like I read somewhere here...
that is IF they ever deliver one...
lots of dreamers our there...
And I'm amazed of the imagination that some people have. Thinking some big rich guy is behind all this to secure the network releasing ASICS or crazy theories like that...
This is not the humane society, this is a business, like the stock market, I know there are anarchists out there, but I doubt there's one with the amount of money required to support such theory.

I'm a dreamer and I do not believe ASICs are a scam.  But the releasing of them to secure the network doesn't make a great lot of sense.  It's been brought up, why would they sell these processors so cheap given the current MH/$ of FPGAs.  Given what we pay for an FPGA if it was a direct conversion we'd be paying $3,500 per Jalapeño.  It's hard to say how or why.
Because they will be cheaper and easier to make. No one is going to pay 3500 for a jalepeno when there are 100,000 jalepeno chips on the market.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 07:57:45 PM

@OP, They aren't coming until next Christmas!  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 08:25:15 PM

That bigger idiocy, who does not like the speculation hardware manufacturers does not like the speculation of a bet. And who likes to speculate and make money buying hardware advance also likes to bet on either side of your bet will be okay ...

Let TheBible reply. According to him, betting would not be speculation as BFL is "obviously a scam". This applies to tvbcof as well.

I expect both of them to stay quiet and come up with some excuse for not betting, even so it would be an "oh-so-obvious" win for them....
AndreyE

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 11:03:29 PM

Which of the ASIC manufacturers has a stand-alone solution? e.g. plug into Internet and forget? the one without PC needed to be turned on all the time?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 11:26:41 PM

Which of the ASIC manufacturers has a stand-alone solution? e.g. plug into Internet and forget? the one without PC needed to be turned on all the time?
That would be Avalon. The Avalon will most likely use more power than the others, but will supposedly include an ethernet port to directly connect to the internet, and mine away. No host PC required.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: