Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One Bitcoin  (Read 3921 times)
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:40:51 PM

Move them to cold storage and get another one for daily expenses, or you may risk losing them

My plan is to store them all for the long term. Should i move them to my desktop wallet everytime i reach 1 BTC

Yes its could be very good idea because controlling your money is every time very good never keep them in any exchange they can eat them like burger

So are you saying someone like coinbase could just take my coin or do you mean they could go out of buisness
I have very bad experience with these exchanges Mintpal, MT Gox and one other all run away and then never came back just because of this now I am keeping in wallets not in exchanges
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:15:04 PM

That's always nice to own the first Bitcoin
As friends adviced you, you can transfer your coin to your desktop wallet from Coinbase
And also try to hold your coin at least to the next halving
But can i ask you how you earned this Bitcoin or may be you just bought it ?
niallo27 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:29:18 PM

That's always nice to own the first Bitcoin
As friends adviced you, you can transfer your coin to your desktop wallet from Coinbase
And also try to hold your coin at least to the next halving
But can i ask you how you earned this Bitcoin or may be you just bought it ?

I bought it over the last few weeks. I am in the process of purchasing a S5 at the moment so will get mining soon. I know people are saying the ROI on mining is poor at the moment but i believe in bitcoin and i think even if it takes me a few months to mine 1 BTC, i do think that BTC will be worth thousands in years to come.

▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options ▲▼
████████████ sec◔nds trade ████████████
↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓
lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:30:15 PM

Congrats you now have $300+ in your account xd
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:10:21 PM

Congrats for your first BTC dude
But how you earn about 20 euro daily ? sorry but didn't get it yet
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:17:18 PM

I now own one bitcoin in my coinbase wallet. It feels good. I am not sure why it feels so good but it does. I have a good feeling about Bitcoin. I am already up 20 euro after today. What could possibly go wrong. Grin
You could possibily lost all of it, if you gamble too much Cheesy
That's why, play wisely! Wink

faucet used to be profitable
niallo27 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:20:22 PM

Congrats for your first BTC dude
But how you earn about 20 euro daily ? sorry but didn't get it yet

No i am up 20 euro in total not daily.

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:21:15 PM

I remember when I made my first 1 whole Bitcoin I was so happy. A pretty big trade went my way and shot me over 1 BTC after I sold, it was an excellent day..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 10:33:25 PM

Same here. It was a while until I had my first complete Bitcoin. I also used coinbase when I got one, and still do, but I have begun to send part of the amount to local wallet (multibit HD is the one I use).

Congratulations on your happy moment Cheesy

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:56:01 PM

I now own one bitcoin in my coinbase wallet. It feels good. I am not sure why it feels so good but it does. I have a good feeling about Bitcoin. I am already up 20 euro after today. What could possibly go wrong. Grin

It's Coinbase that owns your 1 BTC.

I must agree with this! Do a research and learn how to secure your own 1 bitcoin and stop using online wallet! For the first time we have a chance to be real owners of our money with Bitcoin and we are again not using it.

Congrats on your 1 whole bitcoin!
niallo27 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:02:21 PM

I must agree with this! Do a research and learn how to secure your own 1 bitcoin and stop using online wallet! For the first time we have a chance to be real owners of our money with Bitcoin and we are again not using it.

Ok i set up an electrum wallet and transfered 0.02 BTC. How long does it stay pending for.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:03:23 AM

Ok i set up an electrum wallet and transfered 0.02 BTC. How long does it stay pending for.
Usually confirmation times are fast, but it could take 10-15 minutes or even longer in extreme cases.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:16:15 AM

Congarts, you're in right way
may i know where is your 0.98 Bitcoin , did you stored them on your coinbase account or something?
it's good to growing your money with them maybe by trading
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:28:23 AM

It was so amazing. I also waited for 1 BTC collected at the address of my wallet but is still very long because I had a week bitcoin list and I am very interested in collecting BTC. By the way I want to ask, how long have you collect BTC until now 1 BTC? Grin
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:05:01 AM

It was so amazing. I also waited for 1 BTC collected at the address of my wallet but is still very long because I had a week bitcoin list and I am very interested in collecting BTC. By the way I want to ask, how long have you collect BTC until now 1 BTC? Grin

Do you really think that anyone out here is going to disclose the correct information related to their bitcoins? No man, no one here can afford to speak the truth that what exact amount of bitcoins he is holding and I think that is the right thing to do, no not share critical information on the forum.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:16:31 AM

Move them to cold storage and get another one for daily expenses, or you may risk losing them

My plan is to store them all for the long term. Should i move them to my desktop wallet everytime i reach 1 BTC

Yes its could be very good idea because controlling your money is every time very good never keep them in any exchange they can eat them like burger

So are you saying someone like coinbase could just take my coin or do you mean they could go out of buisness

Even if Coinbase are 100% trustworthy, I can hardly think of any exchange that hasn't been hacked in the past 5 years. Third party "wallets"/exchanges cannot guarantee you to hold your coins safely because no matter how secure their system is they are only safe from hackers until they get targeted. They must have some type of hot wallet that is exposed to the internet and whatever is stored in it can possibly be hacked. If this happens enough, it will considerably lower the amount of Bitcoins held and slowly but surely eat into the service's profit. First sign of alert is hearing about difficulties to withdraw larger amounts from said services, later you may not be able to withdraw/use any of "your" coins. You do not own one Bitcoin if you don't have it(=your private keys) on your computer/paper wallet/brain wallet.

First rule in the book, never use an online wallet.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:48:26 AM

Congrats on your 1 BTC assume its also your first it never hurts to take profits once you have them or just keep holding
Either way I hope your investment works out Smiley

bctmke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:55:36 AM

Congrats.  Keep building up if that's the route your taking (buying regularly).

A little dollar cost averaging is a good way to be in good shape once the halving hits!

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
Come mine NXS at http://nxsminingpool.com
quad588

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:12:39 AM

exactly
op if you want to keep that btc and really own it, put it in a paper wallet and then you own that btc  Wink
Moneyburner

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:17:06 AM

I am in the same boat OP, just recently bought my first BTC. (2 actually)

now all I can think about is how to get that to 3, 4, and hopefully eventually 10

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: