Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:20:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer Trade Fortress  (Read 19519 times)
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:01:53 PM

ON TOPIC UPDATE TO MY TF SCAM CASE:
I have no financial need to recover the 27 BTC TF scammed me for and I am willing to donate it to an acceptable charity.
I have publicly agreed to donate 100% of the scammed coins TF took from me to charity.
So far I've recovered
--0--
of the 27 coins TF scammed from me (he scammed them by pretending to competently develop my website, story in this thread and also the thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146319.0)
I see there's no updates on his work products or reviews thereof so hopefully he's stopped doing it, but after making this kind of money that's unlikely.
How does the poll thing work again?
Also, I was briefly banned from posting to forum or sending messages for "SPAM". What are the forum rules on that? It's tough following the rules of my community if I don't know them. . .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:52:27 PM

The only thread I know of for forum rules is this one regarding moderation policy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=20333.0
The list is more or less contains general guidelines, not all-inclusive rules. There's also a topic in the Meta section about off-topic replying. You'd probably have to ask theymos or a moderator for the specific details of your temporary ban.

Back on topic. I think I've mentioned this before, but I believe it still applies: it's not a scam even if your claim is true. What happened to you is that you paid TF for a website and he delivered a site that you're not happy with and that you claim was poorly designed. It's a case of buyer beware to me. You're well within your rights to give him a negative review if you're unhappy with his work (which you've already done), but claiming that he stole your money doesn't fit the situation.

If you had paid TF to design a website and he ran off with your money, then you'd have a good claim to label him a scammer.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 02:33:05 AM

ON TOPIC UPDATE TO MY TF SCAM CASE:
I have no financial need to recover the 27 BTC TF scammed me for and I am willing to donate it to an acceptable charity.
I have publicly agreed to donate 100% of the scammed coins TF took from me to charity.
So far I've recovered
--0--
of the 27 coins TF scammed from me (he scammed them by pretending to competently develop my website, story in this thread and also the thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146319.0)
I see there's no updates on his work products or reviews thereof so hopefully he's stopped doing it, but after making this kind of money that's unlikely.
How does the poll thing work again?
Also, I was briefly banned from posting to forum or sending messages for "SPAM". What are the forum rules on that? It's tough following the rules of my community if I don't know them. . .
It's probably because you were using a proxy like TOR and got blanket-banned. We get spambots via TOR a ton of times daily, and we IP ban them.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:01:35 PM

Back on topic. I think I've mentioned this before, but I believe it still applies: it's not a scam even if your claim is true. What happened to you is that you paid TF for a website and he delivered a site that you're not happy with and that you claim was poorly designed. It's a case of buyer beware to me. You're well within your rights to give him a negative review if you're unhappy with his work (which you've already done), but claiming that he stole your money doesn't fit the situation.
If you had paid TF to design a website and he ran off with your money, then you'd have a good claim to label him a scammer.
I see your point, TF elaborate methods of covering his tracks after taking the 27 BTC seems to have insulated him pretty well from accountability in this forum.
I guess if TF ever successfully finishes the job I paid him for, then your view would have more grounding, but as of now, the last work I received from him was non-functional as I described in the other thread (with links to the web-code available above for inspection).

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:16:14 PM

I see your point, TF elaborate methods of covering his tracks after taking the 27 BTC seems to have insulated him pretty well from accountability in this forum.
I guess if TF ever successfully finishes the job I paid him for, then your view would have more grounding, but as of now, the last work I received from him was non-functional as I described in the other thread (with links to the web-code available above for inspection).

You are a broken record.

1. You refused to let TF "finish" any work. Another has looked at the code and disputed some of your claims.
2. You used bad judgement by paying the total cost upfront
3. You keep on and on and on about how you were scammed. You were not. You didn't like the product so you hired another for less money. What were the terms of the contract? Post said terms.
4. Carlos L claims no code was changed, you stated it was. Which is it?
5. You have made it nearly impossible to get a judgement by interfering in the arbitration process. Why again did you do this? On purpose?
6. Keep repeating 1-5 until everyone's eyes bleed.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:54:31 PM

I think it's been said already- you have a right to be unhappy with Trade Fortress, but it doesn't mean he is a scammer. I suspect the possibility of fixing your working relationship has been ruined by this thread, but it seems like you could have worked with him longer to resolve your complaints.

more or less retired.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:42:07 PM

1. You refused to let TF "finish" any work. Another has looked at the code and disputed some of your claims.
Wrong, TF is encouraged to finish the job and post his new and improved "Finished Product" that I paid him for. However it won't be hosted on my server.
Which claims were disputed? obviously your opinion is worthwhile, but the specifics/links to facts are necessary for any credibility.
2. You used bad judgement by paying the total cost upfront
True, but if TF was trustworthy, this would be irrelevant.
3. [...] You were not [scammed]. You didn't like the product so you hired another for less money. What were the terms of the contract? Post said terms.
Which contract? What good would that do? It seems regardless of the contracts/ btc paid, many people here don't want to condemn TF for scamming.
4. Carlos L claims no code was changed, you stated it was. Which is it?
I don't recognize the references. The specifics/links to facts are necessary for a more detailed response.
The final unchanged version of TF code he gave me as his final product has been posted. AFAIK that's undisputed. It is non-functional.
TF could provide his version of the site showing how anyone supposedly changed it.
The whole site is being developed into a usable product, so that is being changed. Otherwise, as I wrote, not sure where your references are coming from (unless you're using unsupported statements made by TF).
5. You have made it nearly impossible to get a judgement by interfering in the arbitration process. [...]
Wrong and unsupported by the facts.
I'm the only person who filed an arbitration claim and TF admitted to interfering with the arbitration process by slandering me to judge.me and failing to file an arbitration case anywhere as his writing shows:
I said I was going to contact judge.me support because you're not identifying yourself with a full legal name. You filed a case regardless, with your summary [...] [No] response [from judge.me] after I mentioned you run a money laundering business on the silk road. Plus, YOU filed the case, you used your summary [...]
TF neither filed an arbitration case nor had any intention of paying an arbitration fee and proceeding with arbitration.
I made this obvious by filing the case and offering to pay half the fee, only later finding out judge.me won't proceed with the case because of TF's slander.
[...] it seems like you could have worked with him longer to resolve your complaints.
I could accept a less than professional website if I hounded him again and again to fix all the bugs in his final version which would likely take months to do, but that's not what I paid for. I solicited and paid for a professional quality, functioning web site. TF failed to deliver a functional site and he can not make a professional quality site regardless of the time given. He never has and never will IMHO.
Because TF offers to create commercial websites and doesn't have the skills/experience to do so, he is a scammer.

MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:25:32 AM

Update: 
I have paid half the arbitration fee, TF is refusing to pay other half.
[...]
See quote for full details.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:43:43 AM

You've wasted enough of my time already by not actually going through with arbitration and telling me to pay (even through I wasn't given anything to pay to!), and now months later seeing the rise in BTC you finally decide to go through with arbitration again?

Also, seeing as you're a trader, might go through the old currency exchange threads and bump the ones where people are selling BTC for $5 each.

/ignore
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:34:06 AM

This thread doesn't have the concise history of the other one.
But to summarize:
[...]
judge.me only accepted the case on March 20 as the quoted text shows (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.msg1824655#msg1824655) they gave you the final notice to pay on March 31. This is obviously not my fault and if you were honest from the start, it wouldn't be an issue.
[...]
I can't understand how people still trust you with all this evidence of how much of a snake you are.
So you're now openly reneging on your arbitration offer?
Wow, I knew arbitration was too good to be true because it would reveal how much of a fraudster you are.

MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:59:53 AM

Recent arbitration discussion timeline summary:

Continuous: TF never files an arbitration case and doesn't pay any arbitration fees anywhere and makes no attempt to resolve our dispute by refusing all of my settlement offers while using smokescreens to redirect away from the facts of the case.

February 28, 2013, 09:08:21 AM
TF offers arbitration for the last time (agreeing to pay 100%) after I already accepted his offer on February 28, 2013, 01:53:08 AM

March 01, 2013,
I make public notice of TF failure to proceed with arbitration.

March 03, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
I publicly encourage TF to proceed with arbitration.

March 05, 2013, 03:03:36 AM
TF publicly admits to contacting judge.me to slander me and my business. This provides the reason why judge.me took so long (~3 weeks) to decide whether to accept our case (which I filed).

March 11, 2013, 11:42:07 PM
I make public notice of TF's admission to slandering me to judge.me and TF failure to proceed with arbitration

Wed, Mar 20, 2013
judge.me agrees to take the case and requests payment (50/50)
I promptly pay half the arbitration fee despite TF previous offer to pay 100%.
Note: I paid the 50% due to TF previous complaint that the arbitration filing was under a 50/50 fee agreement.

Sun, 31 Mar 2013
judge.me sends TF a final notice to pay half the fee for arbitration.

Today -
I disclose to the forum that TF is refusing to pay even half the arbitration fee.

full details/links available here:

lagmo

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:32:14 PM

Both links are dead for me, any other sources than those two?
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:01:51 AM

Both links are dead for me, any other sources than those two?
looks like that site went down recently, maybe TradeFortress kept a copy since it's his code and he was supposed to provide a working copy of it to complete the site. Then again, it would be embarrassing to him since it is sooo bad.

zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:04:06 PM

This thread is old why does it still go?

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:39:22 AM

How dare you interrupt the smear campaign!

poppoob

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:14:42 PM

What a thread.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:17:34 PM

Lol, Of course he's a scammer  Wink No really he's not.

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:03:23 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 03:02:54 AM by Welsh

No, you paid for a service which TF was offering, he provided you with a deisgn & you didn't like it, now you think he's scammed you?

That's not a scam.

If that is true what you have quoted then yes I believe that is a scam.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:15:13 PM

No, you paid for a service which TF was offering, he provided you with a deisgn & you didn't like it, now you think he's scammed you?
That's not a scam.
No, he actually offered to code a working btc taking site and failed to do so. Not just design (although the design sucked too).
If he offered to "pretend to code a working site" or "design for site" I wouldn't have contracted with him.

zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:23:19 PM

Wow looks like op is the scammer and not TradeFortress.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: