Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:11:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bter.com still owes 6300 BTC to its customers  (Read 525 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 03:57:49 PM

bter.com got hacked almost a year ago. So far they have only paid back ~10%  of their debt in one payment. They promised to pay once in every 6 months. So far they have only paid once. When will they pay again and how much? Is anyone else waiting for their coins to be paid back by bter? Bter owes me 7 bitcoins. If they don't pay back soon the price of BTC will rise so much that they would never be able to pay back. How can we punish bter for their sloppy business practices? Perhaps start a dirt campaign against bter.com?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:34:57 PM

That's a real pain. Strangely enough I haven't seen any BTer's customers complaining around here. At least If i got rammed by the exchange I wouldn't stop trolling them until i've seen my coins back!
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 05:01:33 PM

That's a real pain. Strangely enough I haven't seen any BTer's customers complaining around here. At least If i got rammed by the exchange I wouldn't stop trolling them until i've seen my coins back!

yes it's weird. I stopped any business with them ever since they stole my bitcoins. Would it be fair to think that they are selectively paying back only to the customers who kept doing business with them even after the "hack" ?

HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 05:02:51 PM

Do the same shit those shitsy shitheads do, start a anti-china-communist-BTER thread.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:38:11 PM

yes it's weird. I stopped any business with them ever since they stole my bitcoins. Would it be fair to think that they are selectively paying back only to the customers who kept doing business with them even after the "hack" ?

Really anything is possible! My opinion is that they have stole the money, yes all 7170 BTCs and are now millionaires and they don't give a damn about anything else. They are operating the exchange just to give back people slowly the owned amount from the fees! But this will take a while, as you can see only 10% has been given back.

Is there anything that can be done?! I think it's to late. A time for collective reaction with the authorities or in some other way was just after a hack, now already 1 year has passed!

I am sorry for your loss. 7 BTCs is a lot of money!
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:42:06 PM

Really anything is possible! My opinion is that they have stole the money, yes all 7170 BTCs and are now millionaires and they don't give a damn about anything else. They are operating the exchange just to give back people slowly the owned amount from the fees! But this will take a while, as you can see only 10% has been given back.

Is there anything that can be done?! I think it's to late. A time for collective reaction with the authorities or in some other way was just after a hack, now already 1 year has passed!

I am sorry for your loss. 7 BTCs is a lot of money!

I guess from shit flowers grow. Thanks to the bter incident nubits devs started the blocks and chains decentralized exchange development which would eliminate the exchange hack threat forever. being a shareholder there I might earn my 7btc back easily.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:43:17 PM

I think it is better to use this thread for the 'updates' : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=956738.0
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 02:25:41 PM

I think it is better to use this thread for the 'updates' : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=956738.0

Oh yes, I had forgotten about its existence.

Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 08:38:18 PM

Remember that they also were in the bitbay ico. They wanted to cash out quickly.

This kind of people/owners are a shame for bitcoin. Giving it a bad name by taking risky actions to scam people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: