Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terminology  (Read 79694 times)
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 03:58:02 PM

At last found the answer here, Ive been here in this forum since 2014 but i disnt know the meaning of 'ATH' now i got it. 'All Time High'
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 01:43:55 PM

As I said it before, this topic should be pinned long ago but .. nobody listens to me.. Sad
This is a perfect example of what newbie need to read before starting with crypto at all. I'm happy I found it back then.

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 06:34:03 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2020, 08:55:10 PM by uk1

Thanks everyone for the positive comments Smiley

Just one suggestion myself.
Dorian Nakamoto should be its own entry separate from Andreas otherwise keep up the good lurk  Wink

I've added 'Dorian Nakamoto' to the list.

self note last post 713
page 36
Last Active:March 29, 2018, 11:52:07 AM

Not sure if you're still maintaining this, but

Bitcointalk: "alt" seems to be commonly used by itself (i.e. not paired with another word like "altcoin") to mean an alt account (btw does anyone know if the full form is "alternative account" or "alternate account"?)

Also requesting "consensus" to be added. Not entirely sure about its definition, but I see the word being used a lot in bitcoin discussions.

Maybe some trading terms as well?

ATH - all time high

BTFD - buy the f***ing dip

MM - market maker

Bitcointalk

Signature Campaign  

people

Mark Karpeles
CEO of the now-defunct exchange Mt Gox

Tim Draper
venture capitalist winner of the US Marshals first auction of Silk Road-confiscated bitcoins

Altcoins

Bitcoin Cash
Ethereum
Monero

Bitcointalk

Ranks:
Brand New:   0 posts, gets 1 gold coin under his name.   
Newbie:   (none), gets 1 gold coin under his name.   
Jr. Member:   Activity: 30, gets 1 gold coin under his name.   
Member:   Activity: 60, gets 2 gold coins under his name.   
Full Member:   Activity: 120, gets 3 gold coins under his name.   
Sr. Member:   Activity: 240, gets 4 gold coins under his name.   
Hero Member:   Activity: 480, gets 5 gold coins under his name.
Legendary:   Activity: the Legendary membergroup has no universal activity requirement.
You are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity,
but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.
Gets 5 gold coins under his name of which the last is half dark blue.

Sub-Rank
Donator:   Manually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a Donator.   
VIP:   Manually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a VIP.

Staff Rank
Staff:   Shown when moderators (see next point) post outside of the sections that they moderate.
The tags under their usernames are dependent on their post group.   variable
Moderator:   Shown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out green.   
Global Moderator:   Applied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.   
Administrator:   Has all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other administrative tasks.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless of post count.   
Founder:   Reserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.   

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0

bitcoin
'Hash Rate'
A unit a mining performance expressed as follows;
Petahash

Can someone add

airdrop?

Thanks

LoL this is great!  Grin
Every Newbie should read this Btt "wiki" rather than opening vucking thread for asking shit question.

By the way, I can't find "token" and "ERC20"
Can it be added under Altcoins index???

Wow, nice to find this
Yeah, beginners should read this dictionary first rather than asking question by posting on un-related topic.
I found "ESCROW" from this thread  Grin Very good

Is TTM/ FTTM/ GTTM can be included on this list bro?
TTM : To The Moon
FTTM : Fly To The Moon
GTTM : Go To The Moon

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

LoL this is great!  Grin
Every Newbie should read this Btt "wiki" rather than opening vucking thread for asking shit question.

By the way, I can't find "token" and "ERC20"
Can it be added under Altcoins index???

Yeah, many newbie shortly open thread and asking something those usually already exist. And sadly, it like repeats itself  Cheesy
This thread like just woke up from the grave  Shocked and I'm interested to post because newbies should read this.
Also wanna contribute BWAS to be listed.
I don't know it's just familiar for a traders only or everybody know.
BWAS : Better Wait And See
Traders usually use it in chat room while waiting for economic news release, or wait for clear signal when their analysis no longer help.

It's very useful for Newbies.
I found SCAMMER stand for what.

I think you should add HODL under slank.
I'm looking for what HODL stand for, and I didn't get the exact meaning except as slank or distorted of HOLD
Some people said HODL stand for Hold On for Dear Life.

Hodl was an accidental misspelling of "hold" that stuck. 

Cheesy Yeah, it's something like slip tongue but then become viral

My suggestion.

tl;dr - Too long; didn't read.

all got.

Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 08:44:03 AM

I suggest to pin this tread in the section so many newcomers can actually understand what most of the people are talking about. This will also reduce the spam posts.
The OP has put quite some effort to create so detailed list so I think he should be rewarded at least by pinning the it.
I learned quite a lot my self reading it. Thanks for the good work. It's appreciated.

And how can we pin it? Should we wright to one of moderators? I believe it's kind of a forum thread where everybody can suggest something to the moderators.

If the moderator offers me this he will solve this problem very easily but before that we should always test and verify it well during this way we will gain some knowledge about it. it might even be best to follow the conversations of the senior members of the forum during this we'll find tons and find the proper advice about the PIN.

CryptoEndorse

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 09:42:56 AM

ATL - All-Time Low. The lowest price a cryptocurrency has ever reached.

ATH - All-Time High. The highest price a cryptocurrency has ever reached.

Block Lattice - A blockchain scaling solution in which every user account has its own blockchain. Block lattices reduce blockchain bloat by storing transaction data separately from a cryptocurrency's main blockchain.

Great post btw!  Wink
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 12:26:11 PM

Terms in every field is definitely the first step to watch out for in other to swim swiftly in bitcointalk platform else, once you don't get any knowledge of the terminologies, your sure to be confused.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 11:00:12 PM

This thread is old, I think op is no longer active here but he has actually left a good vacuum for newbies and beginners to some certain terminologies to be followed. Most of the times I come across these symbols and more users users here used at all times. Thanks you have saved a lost one like me to be equipped with terms and many more.
btcb3g1nn3r

Activity: 177
Merit: 32

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 06:35:48 AM

any moderator that can add ICO on the first page and delete my post once done so I can check its meaning?
CryptocurencyKing

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 08:28:13 AM

As I said it before, this topic should be pinned long ago but .. nobody listens to me.. Sad
This is a perfect example of what newbie need to read before starting with crypto at all. I'm happy I found it back then.
I second this idea if there have been non before me. This post should be made a pinned posts due to its relevance. Its been so long i saw this post and i think that shouldn't really be the case. This was one of the posts that helped me in getting along with series of terms used interchangeably in the forum and it does answers a lot of newbie questions that i still receive on terminologies.
Where the problem comes is i the part that, the many pinned posts are not given much attention by beginners as a result, they end up committing a blonder that could result in them been banned. That been said, it would still be of advantage to have a terminology pinned posts and should it be inconclusive, i would be updated from time to time.
btcb3g1nn3r

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 08:58:53 AM

I found this thread as referenced in the pinned post for newbies to read before posting Smiley
Still, I cannot find the meaning for ICO (I guess Google will help though for any term)
This thread should be clean, all suggestions for adding terms should be deleted once the update on the first page is done
Cadaver20

Activity: 1442
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2020, 04:31:02 PM

Still, I cannot find the meaning for ICO (I guess Google will help though for any term)

ICO mean Initial Coin Offering.
btcb3g1nn3r

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 07:20:57 PM

yep, I googled it after I posted...now just wondering why so many abbreviations, from my experience, most of them are just not a time saver for the contributor to any post... definitely not for this forum where your posts are limited/controlled by timeout etc Cheesy
btcb3g1nn3r

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 07:33:15 AM

any moderator to add FOMO on first page?
aranacj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 05:56:57 PM

Hi,

Why does the Bitcoin Shitlist link brings us to other websites.

Is it still correct?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
  Print  

Jump to: