Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Niche List  (Read 9154 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 10, 2010, 03:10:26 PM

Updated niche list for plant store and beer supply store.

No takers on any of these project yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2010, 06:28:35 AM

I wouldn't call this niche but,

exchangers of some sort for widely accepted currency on each continent (at first) and then each country I think everyone would find useful. Border controls etc are where hawalaers get the biggest demand

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
hippich

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2010, 07:31:29 AM

I thought about filesharing service. I think about using S3 as hosting place and requesting payment each time someone wants download something and share these fees with person uploaded file.

If this this niche not taken yet, please, add me. I plan to start work on it after 17 Oct and hopefully get first beta within week or two.

Need to polish bitcoin poker room tho... =)))

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2010, 02:07:32 PM

I thought about filesharing service. I think about using S3 as hosting place and requesting payment each time someone wants download something and share these fees with person uploaded file.

If this this niche not taken yet, please, add me. I plan to start work on it after 17 Oct and hopefully get first beta within week or two.

Need to polish bitcoin poker room tho... =)))

Updated.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2010, 02:48:16 PM

Added a pizza web order niche.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2010, 08:08:41 PM

Added a new niche relating to learning.

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 08:01:07 AM

I'm all for a vWorker/freelancer style site that pays bounties in bitcoin. This way, people can do some useful work for bitcoins, instead of complaining it is hard to get free money with mining.

It would need to be secure and have some kind of escrow system. So unlike posting requests on the forum, the worker has to be sure that he gets his reward. It also needs to include a reputation system of some kind.

I have extensive Python/C++ programming expertise, also with transactional and distributed systems, and I might be interested to do the coding for such a site. I would need someone to do the site design/layout/user friendliness stuff though Smiley

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 08:03:57 AM

I'm all for a vWorker/freelancer style site that pays bounties in bitcoin. This way, people can do some useful work for bitcoins, instead of complaining it is hard to get free money with mining.

It would need to be secure and have some kind of escrow system. So unlike posting requests on the forum, the worker has to be sure that he gets his reward. It also needs to include a reputation system of some kind.

I have extensive Python/C++ programming expertise, also with transactional and distributed systems, and I might be interested to do the coding for such a site. I would need someone to do the site design/layout/user friendliness stuff though Smiley

Added your niche. Remember, I will pester people about their progress!

wumpus

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 08:05:16 AM

Yeah I thought I'd post it here instead of hijacking the other thread Smiley

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 09:34:43 AM

Sounds like a mission for Ruby on Rails/Django =)

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 12:14:55 PM

A dating site that only accept bitcoin for dating.

this may be big.. but only if we are successful making bitcoins widespread enough, including women... by the way, what is the current gender split on bitcoin users / here in the forum? My guess is its 90% male..

tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 12:24:00 PM

I could help with the design/layout.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 12:46:48 PM

My guess is its 90% male..

My guess is 100% male.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 12:48:43 PM

So,... should we create PINK or GLAMOURFUL looking bitcoins?

wumpus

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 12:49:24 PM

I could help with the design/layout.
Cool Smiley

My guess is 100% male.
Make it easy to spend bitcoins and the women will come  Grin Would be good for the economy, though, we're all hoarders now Tongue

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 02:53:40 PM

added dating site.

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 06:40:42 PM

yeah!
next niche:
bitcoin shoe shopping!
and...
cosmetics
fragrances
womens designer clothes
Jewelery
beauty farms
male stripper home service

Anonymous

November 19, 2010, 12:47:40 AM

this may be big.. but only if we are successful making bitcoins widespread enough, including women... by the way, what is the current gender split on bitcoin users / here in the forum? My guess is its 90% male..

I thought of that awhile ago but with a twist. Bitcoin is the perfect tool for an agorist economy which attracts people who are liberty minded. This led me to think of a site which would target the liberty capital of the world which is New Hampshire and match people around the world who believe in those ideals online.

Most programmers and hackers lean libertarian so naturally they would have more in common with liberty minded people. Its a natural fit . Smiley

If someone wants to use this as the basis for a bitcoin dating site let me know. freestatedate.com was the domain I bought for the idea if you want to setup a site. I also have bitcoin.me and it would be cute to have a site called you.bitcoin.me where the only thing between you and me is bitcoin lol.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 04:25:58 AM

Added a niche relating to easy one-click encryption and warehousing service for bitcoin.

hidden_citizen

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:22:33 PM

I thought of that awhile ago but with a twist. Bitcoin is the perfect tool for an agorist economy which attracts people who are liberty minded. This led me to think of a site which would target the liberty capital of the world which is New Hampshire and match people around the world who believe in those ideals online.

Most programmers and hackers lean libertarian so naturally they would have more in common with liberty minded people. Its a natural fit . Smiley

If someone wants to use this as the basis for a bitcoin dating site let me know. freestatedate.com was the domain I bought for the idea if you want to setup a site. I also have bitcoin.me and it would be cute to have a site called you.bitcoin.me where the only thing between you and me is bitcoin lol.

Great idea!
I am not sure that I can/want to do this alone, but I would be happy to cooperate with somebody on Free State Dating. Anybody interested?

By the way, I think one of the niche of such a dating site could be international dating, which leads to the question of immigration through marriage. Theoretically speaking, there could even arises an illegal (bitcoin) market for marriages of conveniance. But I don't like that. I think that bona-fide international dating is a good thing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: