Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A cunning ploy to get bars/pubs/clubs to accept bitcoin.  (Read 3198 times)
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:46:24 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2012, 08:28:31 PM by franky1

requirement: bitinstant debit card (when it arrives)

Arrange a meetup of all of your local bitcoin friends to go to a bar. Get their orders and ensure the bar manager sees them all use their phone to scan the QR code on the debit card. And then hand the debit card to the bar manager.
explaining:
this is a special debit card that people top up via their phones using the smart barcode on the front(QRCODE for the smart ones of us). just takes 10 minutes and saves going to the ATM, plus theres no large fee's
let him take the transaction so the first round of drinks are paid for.

Tell him to keep hold of the card as that is your bar tab for the night. People continue QR code scanning to pay for their drinks throughout the night and the manager keeps swiping the card to debit out the fiat. and u just type in your pin number.
he is getting paid, so he is happy.

At the end of the night tell the manager that the debit card is specially for a community that may return with or without you.
Tell him you will pay the card fee for him to register a card at bitinstant.com to be delivered to him where he can register it in his company(the bar) name and have his own pin number. For bar use only. so anyone from the community can just drop in and pay. AND you will also make that bar your regular meet-up destination which would drum up further business for them.

no techno waffle required.

anyone else with easy ways to get places to accept bitcoin?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:53:30 AM

Well, not places but people:

Last week I went for drinks with a business partner again and had them pay the bill promising I would pay them my share using Bitcoins. And sold them a couple more at the same time.

They were delighted. Twice that night.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:54:20 AM

I see no problem here, except the card not being available as of today.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:56:36 AM

Yeah good idea but I'm still waiting for my card that I'm still not even sure it will be available in Canada

franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:03:17 AM

yep i know its not released yet, but atleast preparing speeches and methods to sell the idea ready for when the card is released will make it so much more easier to then get it to mass market

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:03:49 AM

Check out my system bitcoins-r-us.com its in alpha you can use the pos system that will read cards if you hook it up to a card scanner. I can already issue virtual cards from the system. To use the Pos you need to be a member though. www.bitcoins-r-us.com/posweb

franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:08:45 AM

Check out my system bitcoins-r-us.com its in alpha you can use the pos system that will read cards if you hook it up to a card scanner. I can already issue virtual cards from the system. To use the Pos you need to be a member though. www.bitcoins-r-us.com/posweb

nice system but for small occassional purchases in small towns i dont think a merchant will want to implement a second terminal (pc) just for the rare transactions.

but still a great idea for larger businesses with regular bitcoin users requiring it.

BitcoinINV

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:10:19 AM

No extra terminal need just a web browser and a card reader Cheesy

franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:16:13 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2012, 01:29:19 AM by franky1

most the shops where i live have cashier tills and specially modified POS terminals so browsers are not standard features. plus the hassle of merging the web system in with their own stock control system or even just flipping tabs on the taskbar and re entering data is too much for some.

the bitinstant debit card is the easy solution for the non techy business.

but as i said this is for bars/pubs/clubs. your idea would be great for walmart/bestbuy etc which have wider customer base to be worthy of implementing and having a support team to merge the systems together to work seamlessly

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:26:22 AM

I printed out some flyers to hand out to the brick and mortar shops I frequent that explain what Bitcoin is about and how they can sign up with a payment processor to accept them.
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:32:14 AM

I printed out some flyers to hand out to the brick and mortar shops I frequent that explain what Bitcoin is about and how they can sign up with a payment processor to accept them.

how have you explained the system?

as talking about blockchains and mining to a guy that just wants people to pay for drinks groceries or a restaurant meal makes them zone out half way through. just like i zone out 2 seconds after a door-to door sales man comes to my door.

can you link me your flyers so that we can all gain insights of mass market adoption best practices. and improve everyones 'sales pitch'

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:44:05 AM

I'd like to see the flyers too if you can post them here.

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 03:21:46 AM

feel free to print as many of these as you like

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52611567/WeLoveBitcoin-trifold-flattened.pdf

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52611567/BitPay-trifold-flattened.pdf

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:43:59 AM

So far I can say at the very least the proprietor of the Kinkos was interested.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:48:43 PM

'

I am working on system for people like you, You would be considered a independent sales agent for Bitcoins-R-us. This will work like this,
we have a base price called a discount we charge our independent sales agents we will say .5%. The agent then signs up a merchant and he adds his discount to the base discount and it comes to 1.5%. So now the agent makes 1% of all that merchants transactions.

This is just a rough outline of it, we are still fine tuning the actual discounts and things like that.

Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 03:52:46 PM

I like it, but lets take it further:
Bitinstant debit card flash mobs

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:12:05 PM

'

I am working on system for people like you, You would be considered a independent sales agent for Bitcoins-R-us. This will work like this,
we have a base price called a discount we charge our independent sales agents we will say .5%. The agent then signs up a merchant and he adds his discount to the base discount and it comes to 1.5%. So now the agent makes 1% of all that merchants transactions.

This is just a rough outline of it, we are still fine tuning the actual discounts and things like that.
That sounds like a good program, although I am unlikely to have time to participate because of my job.

I just want to be able to pay with Bitcoin as much as possible so it benefits me to have some literature I can drop off at the brick and mortar stores where I shop.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:15:50 PM

'

That sounds like a good program, although I am unlikely to have time to participate because of my job.

I just want to be able to pay with Bitcoin as much as possible so it benefits me to have some literature I can drop off at the brick and mortar stores where I shop.

The time you took right there was enough to hook a merchant up. It would be a 10-15 minute process at most to set them up. The only thing  you would be responsible is loading the merchants documents up to the system and showing them how to use it. You can negotiate your discounts and such with them and set them up through your account.

Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:28:20 PM

I'm going to have to look into making this cunning scheme part of our official marketing plans now......
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 04:32:35 PM

I'm going to have to look into making this cunning scheme part of our official marketing plans now......

Agreed!

Franky1 or anyone else who wants to do this....PM me for a Beta version of the card

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: