Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:34:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:19:30 AM

Bitcoin is safe, But bitcoin wallet is hackable, You try to activate your Password verification in your wallet.
Or if you care about scammers. Just dont invest in Hyip sites

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:23:08 AM

bitcoin itself is one of the safest ways you can imagine to have your money like. i mean as a currency. the transaction, the holding and everything about it is safe.

but also bitcoin may not be the safest investment because of the volatile nature of the price, but this has been changing over the past year and bitcoin is reaching a more stable state.
That is really true, it's more safer than the any other payment system around, the fact that it is decentralized it gives us more comfort to transact online and save our money in the wallet because we are assured that no one will steal it if we are taking care of our personal details.

Yeah, definitely. Bitcoin is very safe in terms of security of your coins, you are pretty much guaranteed to retain those coins forever. Also, bitcoin is decentralized which means that someone won't print a load of it and flood the markets.

But I don't agree on what you said about bitcoin being an unsafe investment. In fact, I believe it's the opposite.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:23:57 AM

I dont think bitcoin is really save because there are allot of peopel who got scammed with the coins and there are a several people who sad never had returned the coins.
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:30:34 AM

bitcoin itself is one of the safest ways you can imagine to have your money like. i mean as a currency. the transaction, the holding and everything about it is safe.

but also bitcoin may not be the safest investment because of the volatile nature of the price, but this has been changing over the past year and bitcoin is reaching a more stable state.
That is really true, it's more safer than the any other payment system around, the fact that it is decentralized it gives us more comfort to transact online and save our money in the wallet because we are assured that no one will steal it if we are taking care of our personal details.
Right, bitcoin is a safest investment, also it is long term safest. if we want to invest it it is good,otherwise if we are only save it and nothing to use it in anyway, so that is also safe in our wallet.
You are right to telling it, if we are take care our personal details than bitcoins is more than better the fiat currency. It is depend on us how we want to use the bitcoins for long term or short term. 
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:44:39 AM

It all depends on how securely you store your bitcoins. It's mainly the client that decides his own risk, because bitcoin is indeed very secure. In fact, it's much more secure because the decentralization, and no one can freeze your account.

If you have a really weak password, don't encrypt your private key or wallet file, then there is a higher chance of you getting robbed.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:46:58 AM

I dont think bitcoin is really save because there are allot of peopel who got scammed with the coins and there are a several people who sad never had returned the coins.

What you write is more about human error than Bitcoin safety.
Fraud has always been and always will be, and it is not dependent on the coin but the naivety of people.
Your Bitcoin are safe enough when safe is your computer and wallet password, but common sense when investing and finance management is also very important.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

InsideBjorn

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:52:28 AM

i dont think bitcoin is that safe at all and that is only because there are allot of people who got scammed these day with the bitcoin and that is such a shame for the bitcoin his reputation,
InsideBjorn

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:12:25 AM

i dont think that the bitcoin is really save these days i think he is to new and there are to many people intereted into rigtht now. And also bad people who just want to try getting in.
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Bitcoins is totally safe as long as you keep your wallet safe with you and within your own knowledge.  What is not safe like all other currencies is how we handle or keep or resources.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
GermanFoobla

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:27:18 AM

It's safe and scary at the same time, becareful with your wallet and don't trust scammers, once the money is out from your account, in no way it comes back
if you do not easily believe someone and do not follow the investment scam or something. you will always be safe there will be no one who would deceive you.
who became fear is the price of bitcoin fluctuations make bitcoin unsafe.

Its safe and you dont need to be scared as it will be your own fault if the money has been stolen from you,much like in other currencies if you messed up then your money will be gone.
It is safe to use, so many people make use of it so you do not have to be afraid that something is going to happen to your money or your bitcoins.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:44:14 PM

i dont think that the bitcoin is really save these days i think he is to new and there are to many people intereted into rigtht now. And also bad people who just want to try getting in.

Bitcoin (so your money) security, depends entirely on you. Just keep basic safety steps to be able to sleep peacefully:
- Stationary wallet (Electrum, MultiBit etc)
- A good password for the wallet.
- Backups wallet.dat file - on separate memory (Flash memory, CD or even email)

It is enough. Wink

oh! And of course do not download viruses and malware stuff, and suspicious files.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:46:27 PM

Bitcoins is totally safe as long as you keep your wallet safe with you and within your own knowledge.  What is not safe like all other currencies is how we handle or keep or resources.
absolutely right, I've been using since 2014. bitcoin well from that moment bitcoin is very safe to use, but very many fraudsters on the internet, so you just need to be careful in choosing a business with bitcoin.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:41:27 PM

Bitcoin is in my eyes one of the safest methods there is available compared with other pay methods.
You can control your own money so that is also making it safer.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:51:22 PM

Bitcoin is in my eyes one of the safest methods there is available compared with other pay methods.
You can control your own money so that is also making it safer.

Yeah bitcoin is really safe and I don't think any issue with its security or safety as I have never been scammed or hacked by the hackers as I take due care of my coins.
BombayChicken

Activity: 269

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:45:22 PM

The bitcoin is in my eyes very safe compared with other currency's if you are asking me, its also how you are using it and depending on the wallet.
Adrayrd

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:27:50 AM

The bitcoin is in my eyes very safe because it has a good future, it depends on what you call safe of course, the most wallets are safe but the bitcoin itself is still a investment of course.
nicojaewpunk

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:32:58 AM

yes bitcoin are safe, most of stolen it caused by human error
and the decentralization makes no one can control it, only network can control it
DarkThrones

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:35:23 AM

I see that discussion is about safety of wallets, but i think that the topic question is about of whether investing in Bitcoin is safe.
In fact, Bitcoin is still in experimental phase, so it is hard to say that it is completely safe.
To be honest, at the moment, more important it is the belief that Bitcoin succeeds. Wink
Yeah I mean a wallet is only as safe as you make it. A password protected wallet is safer than a wallet in your pocket though is what I believe. The investing is safe imo now that halving is around the corner.
Erzatium

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:03:15 AM

I love the bitcoin for its safety, its safe for users because its untraceable and anonymous plus its safe to invest in right now.
Another thing is if you have a paper wallet its even more safe so overall the bitcoin is very safe!
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:49:56 AM

The investing is safe imo now that halving is around the corner.

Even halving is around the corner, you can't considered bitcoin investment as safe but rather worth to try. There is no safe investment. So don't just relax when you have bitcoin for investment purposes. Watch the price closely and make sure you are up to date with some trend just in case so that you won't missed any train or a wrecked one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: