Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:13:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:53:33 AM

i think is Bitcoin is safe in my opinion as compare to paper money because no one is stolen your money, you can purchase goods in safe mode

If keeping it safe from being seen by anyone, it is safe, but how long? we never know, bitcoin price moves very fast. I think it should be half fiat and half bitcoin if he want to keep, who knows what the price of bitcoin maybe. and might fall, so its better to be wife, put half in wallet and half in fiat.  Smiley
Blue_Panda73

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 11:23:21 AM

i think is Bitcoin is safe in my opinion as compare to paper money because no one is stolen your money, you can purchase goods in safe mode

If keeping it safe from being seen by anyone, it is safe, but how long? we never know, bitcoin price moves very fast. I think it should be half fiat and half bitcoin if he want to keep, who knows what the price of bitcoin maybe. and might fall, so its better to be wife, put half in wallet and half in fiat.  Smiley

If the one million users today have half bitcoin and half fiat, the bitcoin price will be through the roof. I think we have 1% in bitcoin and 99% in fiat.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:31:38 AM

Bitcoin is much safe, Bitcoin are in its growing path. These days bitcoin has met with some minor issues because of market scenario as well as by few statements put forth by the higher authorities of bitcoin. This gets eradicated in a short term and keep moving in the growing price.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:50:13 AM

Yes bitcoin is very safe to use, I think its the securest way to buy things.
You just have to know what wallet to use, and not store all your bitcoins on one wallet.

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:32:49 PM

I think Bitcoin is very safe. Of course there is a chance that you can be hacked.
But Bitcoin itself is safe. It is used internationally.

And it is also very popular.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:19:25 PM

I think Bitcoin is very safe. Of course there is a chance that you can be hacked.
But Bitcoin itself is safe. It is used internationally.

And it is also very popular.

Well its very safe, so you do not have to worry about that.
Bitcoin itself will never get hacked, the system will never be hacked its impossible.

What can be hacked is our wallets, so do not store all your bitcoins on one wallet.
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:00:20 PM

I think yes, bitcoin is safe. That's why so many people in the world still using bitcoins. i'm sure bitcoin will always safe. but we don't know maybe someday bitcoin will not safe anymore.
Capitascism

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:29:03 PM

Average user must handle something new like bitcoin wallet and transactions..
Must protect himself from malwares,viruses, hackers.
Everytime we use in exchange we dealing with great risk to kiss your money for goodbuy..
Where is  bitcoin security now?

*************************Too many scams beware******************************************
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:25:28 AM

all of your assets in bitcoin would be very risky, i would not advise this. Bitcoin (like protocol) is based on math laws so it's safe!
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:58:33 AM

Is bitcoin safe, yes it is I even think the bitcoin is the safest payment method there is available at the moment, as example paypal accounts are getting hacked very much. Plus bitcoin is secure,fast and untraceable.
Capitascism

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:14:02 PM

Bitcoin is safe but its users are not!

*************************Too many scams beware******************************************
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:52:39 PM

Bitcoin is safe, and so is the code.
What's not safe is the users who don't take enough precautions to protect their bitcoins.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:22:32 AM

Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?
It is not safe to keep all your eggs in one basket. Keep some in Bitcoin and some in something else.
blackangel343

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:53:45 AM

I am using BTC and i dont have any problem and i think it is safe.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 01:06:20 AM

I think the risk of loss due to theft, always there. There are many kinds including a scam site or hacker
they are very clever, send malware into your computer and steal passwords, all the contents of your wallet, will be lost
joinal

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:04:41 AM

I think if you are not sure about bitcoin, you'd better keep it in fiat money
because bitcoin is very volatile. you should be ready with all the possibilities that exist, including losses
1 BTC could be down cost only $ 100, it may be due to fluctuations
so you should know the risks

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:24:59 AM

because bitcoin is very volatile. you should be ready with all the possibilities that exist, including losses
I agree, safe if not just about the physical security of bitcoin, like the wallet providers, but also include the volatility of bitcoin. If a currency is really volatile that it goes through hyperinflation, it is not safe as well. Bitcoin has reached a steady price, with some fluctuation, but still, better to keep most of your money in fiat and treat bitcoin like an investment.

Let just put it this way. The chances of bitcoin prices going down is greater than the chances of fiat (stable currency) prices going down. Although bitcoin is not as 'safe' in terms of the price, I do agree with all the advantages, so I trust bitcoin to be safe too.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 02:27:59 AM

I agree, safe if not just about the physical security of bitcoin, like the wallet providers, but also include the volatility of bitcoin. If a currency is really volatile that it goes through hyperinflation, it is not safe as well. Bitcoin has reached a steady price, with some fluctuation, but still, better to keep most of your money in fiat and treat bitcoin like an investment.

Let just put it this way. The chances of bitcoin prices going down is greater than the chances of fiat (stable currency) prices going down. Although bitcoin is not as 'safe' in terms of the price, I do agree with all the advantages, so I trust bitcoin to be safe too.
And of course, the system behind it is also incredible and serves as its foundation. As more people see the innovativeness of bitcoins (more than today, where a lot of the information is that bitcoin is a criminal tool) there will be a lot more public demand and potentially a lot more supporters and advocators of bitcoin. We can hope that this happens in the near future, but there's no definite probability. At least in our current time we can try for some profits. I'm feeling bullish about bitcoin, all the time!

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 03:58:02 AM

I think the risk of loss due to theft, always there. There are many kinds including a scam site or hacker
they are very clever, send malware into your computer and steal passwords, all the contents of your wallet, will be lost

Actually bitcoin in itself is very safe and the keeping of it is safe also but because it is anonymous to some extent, scammers/thieves/hackers find it an easy target and that makes people think its not safe. But as it gets popular and reputable services start to accept it then these problems will be solved.

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:05:57 AM

Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?
It is not safe to keep all your eggs in one basket. Keep some in Bitcoin and some in something else.
Very true. I keep some of my assets in Bitcoin, and then I keep some of them in gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: