Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:52:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 11:34:49 AM

Nothing is ever save bitcoin might be saver than a credicard because you can't lose it.
But because it's online there is always a possibility of it being hacked.
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 11:59:09 AM

i think for some people fluctuations of bitcoin make bitcoin not safe
starbook

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:31:40 PM

it's not a very safe investment because of the volatility of the price but considering the physical risk then I think it's as safe or safer than saving money in your house etc...
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 02:16:52 PM

i think for some people fluctuations of bitcoin make bitcoin not safe

bitcoin itself is safe to store your wealth. the volatility is just an aspect of bitcoin because it is still a new currency. if you plan to store your wealth for the long term into bitcoin, then there is not much risk involved. but if you just yolo buy hoping the price will go up to high levels in a very short time, then it's definitely not a safe investment. then it is totally your fault. it makes you a bad trader.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:14:36 PM

Bitcoin is the safest way to pay for something online.

Its also easy,fast and secured for  the people that use who pay with it.

You just need your wallet offline and secure the key private.
Marketstar

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

SEO Expert & Online Marketer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 03:17:19 PM

I think Bitcoin is safe & feel comfortable to exchange bitcoin.

Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:32:51 PM

Nothing is ever save bitcoin might be saver than a credicard because you can't lose it.
Yes right nothing is 100% save but bitcoins is saver than most cards. Cards can be lost the only risks here are the site being down or hacked
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:12:04 PM

Yes right nothing is 100% save but bitcoins is saver than most cards. Cards can be lost the only risks here are the site being down or hacked

Yes bitcoin is very safe, but you need good online wallets and multiple.
Store your bitcoins on trusted websites its the best to do.

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:25:21 PM

Yes bitcoin is very safe, you just need multiple wallets and some offline wallets.
By the way the bitcoin is the safest payment method available.
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:34:51 PM

Bitcoin is very safe, its the best pay method in the world.
Its very safe and also untraceable.
The bitcoin is the future of all currency's

If you don' t use mixers bitcoin can be traceable because every transaction is public on the blockchain and analysts can follow the movement of your coins. Whit mixer you have anonimity
jchst

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:13:36 PM

it's as safe as your creditcard IMO, if you don't expose your computer to viruses or trojans or show the private keys to someone else then it is safe, as an investment it depends, but surely a high-risk money investment.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:17:52 PM

it's as safe as your creditcard IMO, if you don't expose your computer to viruses or trojans or show the private keys to someone else then it is safe, as an investment it depends, but surely a high-risk money investment.

Yes that the thing. You need to protect your wallet.
Make a backup up regularly and most of all make sure your wallet is offline for cold storage.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:43:43 AM

I think it is much safer than those credit cards. If those are stolen it can be used just to swipe and sign. Bitcoin is not that easy to be used, there are codes and it can also be connected to your and whenever it is logged or used it will text you or email you.
Blue_Panda73

Activity: 126

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 09:21:19 AM

I think it is much safer than those credit cards. If those are stolen it can be used just to swipe and sign. Bitcoin is not that easy to be used, there are codes and it can also be connected to your and whenever it is logged or used it will text you or email you.

For credit card, if they are stolen and used, you will not be liable. You can get your money back. But if your bitcoin is stolen, it is gone.

Altynbekova

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 02:00:01 PM

For credit card, if they are stolen and used, you will not be liable. You can get your money back. But if your bitcoin is stolen, it is gone.

I definitely think Bitcoin is secure. A lot of people use the fact and it is also used a lot.

I think it is very safe. The only thing that is not safe, I think that the wallets for Bitcoins.

There you can include it being hacked.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 02:42:58 PM

The bitcoin is very safe to use.

I think its the safest way to pay something online.

Also you just need good wallets that are protected because that's the issue of some people.
yugo23

Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:43:16 PM

I definitely think Bitcoin is secure. A lot of people use the fact and it is also used a lot.

I think it is very safe. The only thing that is not safe, I think that the wallets for Bitcoins.

There you can include it being hacked.

Nope a wallet can nearly never been hacked. Unless you get a virus otherwise you'll never be hacked.

No what makes btc really secure is the number of people actually using it AND the number of companies mining it. It means lots of powerful people have interest in seeing btc working.

Added to that that the end of btc wouldn't help anyone!
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:38:02 PM

The problem with me from it is the instability of price, I want a stable or increasing value for it. and for that of wallets, try to stay alets with any virus or trojans etc, as with that someone can hack your account, and can withdraw your money. I am using xapo, and it is I think more secure as eachtime the device changes it send a verification message to my phone to login
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:12:27 PM

Is bitcoin safe, yes it is I even think the bitcoin is the safest payment method there is available at the moment, as example paypal accounts are getting hacked very much. Plus bitcoin is secure,fast and untraceable.
PayPal do have relatively good security. However, hacks on PayPal accounts occurs because of bad security practices, just like Bitcoin. Since PayPal payments are easily reversible, it isn't of much interest compared to Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, it is easier to steal if the user doesn't take proper safety security practices.
That is what I really hate about Paypal. It is just too easy for a transactions to be reversed.

Not just that, but PayPal itself sometimes limits or freezes your account for any invalid or almost no reason at all, where in case of BTC, you are yourself responsible for everything whatever happens with you or your coins...
We do not have any type of investment that is risk free, theoretically, I think US bank securities are considered risk free.

No, not even such securities are, as they are held by governments, and anything to be held either by Banks or Governments are the most riskiest investments as compared to BTC which is completely decentralized...
Yes, but it depends if you consider  the risk from what aspect. For example if you consider risk from price aspect then those securities are the safest ones but if you consider it from ownership aspect then bitcoin is safe.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:36:16 AM

I think it really really safe. Especially since it is widely used by many people.
Namely, it is used all over the world. So I think it is safe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: