Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:51:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:04:07 PM

ofcourse it is not safe since the price vary too much....... last year i bought 1 btc of price 600$ around.. now its too less.. regarding this it is not safe.

when it comes to security it is 100% safe if you have offline wallet.. Smiley
Isn't there any risk of losing offline wallet? I think it has some risks in this aspect.

only if you don't have a backup otherwise it's the most secure thing out there

I think its how we maintaining the paper wallet. We should keep in the private folder in your hardware or somewhere you keep it safe.

Other than that no harmness for your wallet even scammers or hackers also can't.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pneumatic5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:17:11 PM

Bitcoin gives you an option, you can use it without the banks. You can also use it with the banks if the banks allow you. That will be very safe.

That's true, but I don't think that bank will come in support of bitcoins, at a moment I feel that bitcoin is very safe no doubt you need to take preventive measures at initial stage, so that your bitcoin remains away from hackers and scammers.

Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:51:44 PM

I definitely know that Bitcoin is secure. Especially, as most people use the full contain confidential.
I also think it's safe. It is used by many people.
fruitcommander

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:14:44 PM

I definitely know that Bitcoin is secure. Especially, as most people use the full contain confidential.
I also think it's safe. It is used by many people.

Bitcoin is safe if you take proper care of it, for me its very safe as I haven't lost any of my coin till the time I am using it, and totally depends on what amount of bitcoins you are earning, if you are earning in peanuts then no would keep watch on your wallet.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:18:31 PM

The start of 2016 has been far from tranquil for most equity and commodity investors. With the Chinese Shanghai Composite falling from over 3500 at the start of the month by over 16% to circa 2950 and with Oil tumbling to just over $30 a barrel, its’ lowest price in over a decade, people are desperately looking for a stable alternative to keep their money safe and option is BITCOIN!
kacak41

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:57:11 PM

I believe that bitcoin is safe and the best thing is that we have control on our own money, no one is aware how much bitcoins we are holding in our digital wallet, so I think it is safe and better then banking system.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:48:37 AM

ofcourse it is not safe since the price vary too much....... last year i bought 1 btc of price 600$ around.. now its too less.. regarding this it is not safe.

Isn't there any risk of losing offline wallet? I think it has some risks in this aspect.

if you reinstall the system your computer course all data will be lost including your desktop wallets
therefore need to back up your wallet before doing that. but I think it is better to use an online wallet
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:31:33 AM

if you reinstall the system your computer course all data will be lost including your desktop wallets
therefore need to back up your wallet before doing that. but I think it is better to use an online wallet

if you have a backup it does not matter what will happen to your main hard disk, there is no lose guaranteed

online wallet are 100% unsecure, the only exception is coinbase maybe, because they are connected with IRS
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:06:08 AM

if you have a backup it does not matter what will happen to your main hard disk, there is no lose guaranteed

online wallet are 100% unsecure, the only exception is coinbase maybe, because they are connected with IRS
no any online wallet is perfect even coinbase , if you look close coinbase is following the regulation and standard of US policy (in other word you can not use their services if you resided in country sanctioned by the US ) so this is against Bitcoin no 1 rules freedom to use it anywhere even through a Tor network.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:44:48 AM

if you can protect your computer and all data related to bitcoin, it can be said to "Bitcoin is secure".
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:40:02 AM

I'm being worried by the current situation you know?

The size issue yeah for sure. But more than the size and scalable aspect, the thing that was revealed by the issue it the problems concerning any evolution of btc...
It takes months, if not year to change anything. And in the meantime some altcoin which are treated like shitcoins are developing and evolving really fast!

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:00:25 AM

safe or whether bitcoin is how we look after it. if we are not smart and intelligent keep bitcoin account then we could lose everything.

to guarantee the security and I think bitcoin is still not fully.  Smiley
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:26:43 PM

safe or whether bitcoin is how we look after it. if we are not smart and intelligent keep bitcoin account then we could lose everything.

True if you are carefull and protect it nothing can or will happen.
If you don't do that, like any other money, you can lose it to thieves and hackers.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 01:39:11 PM

If you don't do that, like any other money, you can lose it to thieves and hackers.

Yes, correct measures are to be taken at initial stage, if you fail to do so, then there is no guarantee that your bitcoins would be safe as hackers and scammers have close watch on our hard earned coins, and they would do anything to steal our coins.
chokesir

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 01:42:01 PM

Yes, correct measures are to be taken at initial stage, if you fail to do so, then there is no guarantee that your bitcoins would be safe as hackers and scammers have close watch on our hard earned coins, and they would do anything to steal our coins.

Make sure to avoid online wallets too. They can't be trusted.
History has proven this. So with good security (encrypted password) bitcoin is very safe.

Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:55:21 PM

Make sure to avoid online wallets too. They can't be trusted.
History has proven this. So with good security (encrypted password) bitcoin is very safe.

Yeah but online walets were not made to be safe.
The main point of online wallet is the speed of execution, the user-friendly aspect and the fact that most of them are completly free, there is no transaction fee!
Which makes them good for small amount, but exactly like in your daily life wallet, don't go letting 20 btc in it, only relatively small amounts Wink

bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:07:14 PM

The bitcoin is very safe I even think its the safest payment method on the planet.
I think you just need to store your bitcoins on multiple wallet so its more secured.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:33:43 PM

Having every assets is not safe. Its not a good decision. Part of the asserts or only a small portion of our assets as well as earning can be kept as bitcoin. Bitcoin is safe, still there requires a alternate solution as we are not able to question someone if something or prediction goes wrong.
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:24:19 PM

You should be smart and keep different assets in different place. Never keep everything in one place. Even if that place was secure for 100 years. You can never know what will happen.

manehkorod

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:29:10 PM

Bitcoin prices volatile

Bitcoin prices can go up or down unexpectedly during a short period of time due to the economy that is still young, new, and sometimes illiquid market. As a consequence, you are not currently recommended for saving in bitcoin.

Bitcoin should be considered as high-risk assets, and you should not keep too much money is at risk of missing the Bitcoin. If you accept Bitcoin, many service providers that allow you to exchange it instantly to your local currency.

safe enough for me, if the store bitcoin taste.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: