Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:35:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoin address you have right now? why you have more than one?  (Read 7961 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 11:28:53 PM

3 Addresses, Just because it's very easy to make more than one, no specific reason for having more than one though.

Oh there is. Or would you place a list with all your transactions at the door of your flat so that everyone can read everywhere where you sent money to or received money from? Allowing that different bitcoin addresses are connectable leads to you letting everyone know where you are involved. If you tipped some cammodels, you took part in ponzies or whatever. It could be seen relatively easy.

Check out walletexplorer.com. They try to find out which addresses belong to which website and wallet. Maybe you already can find more about you than you thought.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 11:30:53 PM

How much bitcoin address do you have and why you have to create more than one address?
They say it was said by Satoshi to "use the address once and discard it " ,other than that it is much difficult for people to track you and you could keep track of all the deals you have ever done (by labeling the address) if you create a new address per transaction.
I got around 400~ maybe.

I do not know how people are managing many bitcoin addresses. I have created 10 addresses using multibit, but 7 of them still unused. I do receive facuet payments and my signature campaign payments are all in one address and I could not find any advantages of using many addresses.

If you only receie payments from the same source then it would not make a big difference. But handling many addresses is not hard. You would be able to lable each address with the actual trade that happened. And you don't need to care about old addresses anymore.

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:41:41 PM

I have a very small number of addresses because all my coins are in cold storage.  I don't actually use bitcoin .
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:17:21 AM

Ignore bitcoin addresses. Let the wallet worry about them. Think of a bitcoin address as an invoice number. Don't think of it as something like a phone number.
In my opinion:
Wallets just make things more complicated, it just adds more complexity and dependence.

You suggest I keep all my bitcoins "randomly" distributed between thousands of addresses?! No, thanks!

I'd just keep them all in 1 address and "spend<->receive" forever. It is just much simpler.

End of opinion.

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:57:15 AM

i just have one bitcoin address(only one wallet).
because for now, I do not need to have more than two bitcoin address.. but in next several month i'll make new btc address.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:42:56 AM

Dunno, maybe 10 or 11.

Some dude called Satoshi recommended the use of 1 addres for each transaction, so I try to do it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:12:51 PM

I have for now 2 bitcoin address the one is just my personal and the other is just to learn about bitcoin.
I am just trying to get more infomartion about it.

Here is some useful basic information:

Ignore bitcoin addresses. Let the wallet worry about them. Think of a bitcoin address as an invoice number. Don't think of it as something like a phone number.

You can do this, but only if you don't care about anonymity at all. Because handling addresses that way, maybe even with using change addresses, will lead to all of your transactions connectable. Try walletexplorer.com and see what you find about your addresses. In case you use your wallet the way you suggested.

Check the public addresses that are known to be connected to your userame and see what informations you find about your wallet and the financial connections you have.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:16:26 PM

In my opinion:
Wallets just make things more complicated, it just adds more complexity and dependence.

You suggest I keep all my bitcoins "randomly" distributed between thousands of addresses?! No, thanks!

I'd just keep them all in 1 address and "spend<->receive" forever. It is just much simpler.

End of opinion.

Nobody says you should let the wallet do it randomly. I would say disable change addresses first, they are a tool to connect all your bitcoin addresses in your wallet and so a tool for losing anonymity. Then everytime you send funds, decide on your own from which addresses the coins should be taken from. Then you can decide if addresses can or should not be connected.

At the end you don't have a business and a private bank account. Not one account where you let all transactions go through. It simply becomes cluttered and you will have a hard time to find out what happened in the past.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:21:01 PM

I have more than 15 bitcoin addresses auto generated in coinbase even i dont click a generate new address..
I am looking for a settings to stop this auto generated addresses. because i dont use some of addresses.
Some its generate 5 bitcoin addresses in one day... Maybe after the year ends my bitcoin address will increase into 25 bitcoin addresses which is not useable or i can not use..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Zilara12

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:49:06 AM

Im using only 1 atm,im new into this but im sure ill open more in te future Smiley

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 02:55:39 AM

In my opinion:

End of opinion.

Nobody says you should let the wallet do it randomly. I would say disable change addresses first, they are a tool to connect all your bitcoin addresses in your wallet and so a tool for losing anonymity. Then everytime you send funds, decide on your own from which addresses the coins should be taken from. Then you can decide if addresses can or should not be connected.

At the end you don't have a business and a private bank account. Not one account where you let all transactions go through. It simply becomes cluttered and you will have a hard time to find out what happened in the past.

Wait a second. If you have one address then anyone can connect all your addresses because there is only one. If you want to segregate your bitcoins, some wallets have an account feature that lets you do that without burdening you with the details.

In the end, I guess it comes down to preference. Wallet software is designed to manage addresses, transactions, privacy, and security for you, and it can probably do a better job than most people, but if you like to micro-manage your addresses manually, then go for it.

Do you speak about change addresses? They don't lead to stopping to the connection, in fact it is the opposite. Nearly all the wallet addresses found by walletexplorer are found through change addresses most of the time.

Or do you mean a different feature?

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:22:08 AM

I have more than 15 bitcoin addresses auto generated in coinbase even i dont click a generate new address..
I am looking for a settings to stop this auto generated addresses. because i dont use some of addresses.
Some its generate 5 bitcoin addresses in one day... Maybe after the year ends my bitcoin address will increase into 25 bitcoin addresses which is not useable or i can not use..

Why do you care how many addresses it has generated? You never have to deal with them or even look at them.

There seems to be a class of people that feel that they have to keep all their addresses neat and tidy. It really is a waste of time, like saving and sorting junk mail. Just let the wallet manage them.

Yeah, this honestly doesn't matter when you think about the fact that no matter how many address are created in your wallet, all the payments you request with different addresses end up going to the same place. The main thing here is that you (in this case coinbase) has the private key for that wallet which solely controls the bitcoins, and you just have to provide the password to access the use of that private key.

Which is mainly why I don't keep funds in coinbase or any exchange site wallet, because I don't control the private key.

rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:14:12 AM

When whatching some videos about bitcoin i came to know there is lots of address can be made for bitcoin almost unlimited. So creating many addresses doesn't seem to affect bitcoin network.

I have around 3 address 2 of those are cold wallet address and 1 main everyday hot wallet. I have Cold wallet to store in safer place and stop me from spending madly in gamblings.

How much bitcoin address do you have and why you have to create more than one address?

I have 2 online bitcoin wallets, the first is blockchain which is my first bitcoin wallet when i know about bitcoin. the second one is xapo, why xapo? because it's for faucet games, that's farmsatoshi.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:42:00 PM

When whatching some videos about bitcoin i came to know there is lots of address can be made for bitcoin almost unlimited. So creating many addresses doesn't seem to affect bitcoin network.

I have around 3 address 2 of those are cold wallet address and 1 main everyday hot wallet. I have Cold wallet to store in safer place and stop me from spending madly in gamblings.

i dont know,i always generate from coinbase,and every time i generate,its will different,so i have so many bitcoin address,and its hard to me to know one of them.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 03:08:49 PM

Why do you care how many addresses it has generated? You never have to deal with them or even look at them.

There seems to be a class of people that feel that they have to keep all their addresses neat and tidy. It really is a waste of time, like saving and sorting junk mail. Just let the wallet manage them.

I just want to maintain my one of my address and if i forgot my address i can easily find my address by clicking wallet address.
Because of auto generated address you need to go to advance settings and look for it.
My problem is if i forgot my old address how can know if what address is my old..
sometimes i use my old address to login on any faucet thats why i need to stop the auto generated address on my wallet account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:32:14 PM

I have more than 10 address just for variations . and very useful for claim faucet

AncilVTwo

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:33:45 PM

even though people tell me to use a new address for every tranaction, i just use the same one over and over. in totali have about 3 addressees.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:16:13 PM

I have 3 just because i have one desktop, one mobile and one online. Otherwise i would be just fine with one(same for PC and mobile).
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:16:16 PM

now i have only two addresses as i dont need to have any more of it the first one is my hot storage wallet which i use nearly every day to do small transactions and the other one is my cold storage wallet where i save up all my bitcoins that i do not need to use as i believe that its a good investment
mskryxz

Activity: 433

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:51:57 PM

Probably hundreds of different addresses if you use a Wallet that changes for every receive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: