Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:26:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EskimoBob - Possibly lied about owning YARR  (Read 2823 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 06:25:38 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2012, 02:12:07 AM by usagi

---
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com:
  :payment_address: x
  :shares: 1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com:

xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com:

xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com:
  :shares: 9973

xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com:

The above is what I have been sent from GLBSE with the following disclaimer:
"you may be sent more lists as users continue to claim their GLBSE accounts"

There are 20 unclaimed/outstanding shares.

No one claimed 9 shares which means EskimoBob lied (*conditional, see below) about holding shares:

As I mentioned in another thread, I have 9 YARR's and I like to sell this stuff back to you. I had a sell order for my shares Ask side until GLBSE closed down.
A bit embarrassing  Cry to say but I also had
NYAN.A
NYAN.C
CPA

Lets clear up the YARR and then move to next ones.

Second to the above quote mods can confirm I have been PM'd the same info by EskimoBob.

Therefore EskimoBob deserves a scammer tag (conditionally) because he tried to scam me out of 9 bitcoins by lying about his YARR holdings.

If EskimoBob really held 9 shares of YARR he must make a claim on the GLBSE.

Conditional because: I am willing to admit that there may be a very good reason why EskimoBob has not yet made a claim on the GLBSE.  I do not have the time or energy to dig and find out if he said he made a claim yet. I will allow EskimoBob several days to respond to this and explain why he has not made a claim yet or explain why he is not on the list of YARR holders.

edit: status changed to confirmed:

All I see is this:

Code:
Claim finished

Your claim has been submitted and will be reviewed. You will be contacted (via the email address you provided) to keep you up to date on the status of your account, we will try to get your bitcoin to you as soon as possible.

I have not received any e-mails from GLBSE Sad

One thing is certain, if EskimoBob cannot explain this he definitely deserves a scammer tag for attempting to defraud me out of 9 bitcoins.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 06:43:34 PM

Couple of things:

Are there less than 9 YARR shares unaccounted for?  If so then that rules out a lot of possibilities.
Were there any trades of YARR in last few days of GLBSE (he did say he had them up on Sells)?
Also, is it possible EB didn't return a double payment and nefario removed people who'd not returned double payments from the list sent out (don't know if he excluded them - but it was mentioend as possible at one stage)?

And, of course, the possibility that nefario just messed up (again) has to rank pretty highly - I submitted my email address but never to date received any email from him (did receive payment) so am pretty much expecting MY email will be left off lists as well (I don't holf any shares in anything of yours) as clearly it was left off the list of email addresses he sent mails about payment to.

Obviously I totally agree scammer tag is warranted for anyone who intentionally made a fake claim.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 06:56:08 PM

Couple of things:

Are there less than 9 YARR shares unaccounted for?  If so then that rules out a lot of possibilities.
Were there any trades of YARR in last few days of GLBSE (he did say he had them up on Sells)?
Also, is it possible EB didn't return a double payment and nefario removed people who'd not returned double payments from the list sent out (don't know if he excluded them - but it was mentioend as possible at one stage)?

And, of course, the possibility that nefario just messed up (again) has to rank pretty highly - I submitted my email address but never to date received any email from him (did receive payment) so am pretty much expecting MY email will be left off lists as well (I don't holf any shares in anything of yours) as clearly it was left off the list of email addresses he sent mails about payment to.

Obviously I totally agree scammer tag is warranted for anyone who intentionally made a fake claim.

I'm willing to wait a couple of days for an explanation from EskimoBob. If Nefario made a mistake or there is a reason on Nefario's end then all EskimoBob has to do is talk to Nefario.

GOOD NEWS! GLBSE is sending out shareholders data.
Talked to James and he can do about 4 issues per day or so.

EskimoBob talks to Nefario (on the phone?) and thus enjoys a somewhat closer relationship to Nefario than many of us. So, I posit it is far less likely a mistake like this would slip by Nefario or that EskimoBob would be unable to resolve it quickly. If this is a simple mistake on GLBSE's end he should resolve it NOW. If he cannot resolve that, then I believe the evidence strongly suggests he lied.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 08:30:15 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2012, 07:27:53 AM by EskimoBob

Keep screaming, scumbag.
I'll try to find out, why my 9 shares are not on that list.
I have no close relationship with Nefario and I never introduced my self to him as a EskimoBob, you dim witted hysterical fuck.
Oliver, this is the second time you stir up shit, with out any reason for it.

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 09:01:26 PM

usagi, I mean this in all sincerity and without any malice.  Step away from the computer for a while.  Your book and language programme will succeed or fail without any involvement with this forum.  The sheer amount of energy you're putting into writing posts which aren't going to convince anyone of anything cannot be good for your mental health and must surely detract from the amount of time and effort you have available to put into your new project.  If you don't want attention, stop seeking it so dramatically. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 09:18:44 PM

usagi, I said it before and I meant that. From what I have read, I conclude that you are delusional and you need to seek help. Your latest actions make that even more clear and I hope someday you will see it.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 10:36:40 PM

usagi, I said it before and I meant that. From what I have read, I conclude that you are delusional and you need to seek help. Your latest actions make that even more clear and I hope someday you will see it.

I don't think usagi will listen. It's not like usagi hasn't been told this before. Dozens of times.

Here's an interesting tidbit: Did you know usagi pissed off rec.martial-arts so much with "I am a vampire witch ninja" stories, they wrote a SONG to diss him/her/it.

The song is actually pretty damn awesome: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=243091&q=hi&newref=1
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 01:53:34 AM

usagi, I mean this in all sincerity and without any malice.  Step away from the computer for a while.  Your book and language programme will succeed or fail without any involvement with this forum.  The sheer amount of energy you're putting into writing posts which aren't going to convince anyone of anything cannot be good for your mental health and must surely detract from the amount of time and effort you have available to put into your new project.  If you don't want attention, stop seeking it so dramatically. 

It would be better to concentrate on the new project than write walls of text on the forum. You probably dont want future students finding your posts when they google you and avoiding your site because that's the first impression you give. Smiley

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 04:18:34 AM

Response to the last few posts:

I have provided conclusive evidence that EskimoBob has attempted to defraud me.

If EskimoBob cannot respond to these accusations he deserves a scammer tag.

I'm sorry if you feel this is a wall of text or that I am delusional. Keep trying to obfuscate the situation -- it worked the first time. Although this time I am hoping a mod will just give EB a scammer tag and be done with it.

Additional Info: EskimoBob was delisted and banned from #assets-otc.

I'd also ask mods to consider his tone in his response; why is he so caustic? Why does he think that all he has to do is counter-accuse me and his own scamming will go away? The accusation I have made is not without strong evidence.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 04:21:37 AM

I'll try to find out, why my 9 shares are not on that list.

Confirmed: EskimoBob understands the serious nature of this accusation and the evidence I have presented. He is now trying to resolve this. I will give him 1 week. EskimoBob if you cannot come up with anything for a week please post an update so we know what is going on.

Oliver, this is the second time you stir up shit, with out any reason for it.

The reason I am doing this is because I believe you tried to defraud me. This is only about YARR and the 9 bitcoins. I'm not even talking about the dozens of other lies you've told about me. If you think I'm stirring up shit you are delusional. It is you who cannot leave me alone. Why don't you just go away and stop trying to bother me? You crossed the line when you claimed to own 9 YARR.

You made your bed now lie in it.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 06:46:24 AM

I did not realize someone could get a scammer tag even if they attempted to scam someone else.  I always thought the scam had to be committed and someone lost bitcoins or some other valuable resource.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 07:12:49 AM

I did not realize someone could get a scammer tag even if they attempted to scam someone else.  I always thought the scam had to be committed and someone lost bitcoins or some other valuable resource.

If EskimoBob made an intentionally false or misleading statement, with the intent to "scam" me out of 9 bitcoins (9 shares of YARR) then I think that's proof enough. No I didn't lose bitcoins in this particular instance, because the scam was caught before I paid him. The question now is, did he have an intent to scam me, or is it some simple mistake on his or Nefario's end? This is the evidence I have presented:

1. EskimoBob has publicly claimed I owe him 9 bitcoins (9 shares of YARR) and has made this a large issue in his claims against me. Ok, I agree, it's an issue. That is true. 9 bitcoins is actually a lot of money.
2. EskimoBob has publicly shown he has issued a claim on the GLBSE.
3. I have received a list of the people who have issued claims on GLBSE pertaining to YARR.
4. EskimoBob is not on this list.

There MAY be a reason for this. You and I discussed one possible reason. However, if what you said is true, that EskimoBob did not return a double payment sent by Nefario, this is even worse. It says that EskimoBob has already received his claim from Nefario and, in full knowledge of this, is attempting to double-dip/scam me out of 9 bitcoins.

Of course, we don't know what is going on, and if this is the case I would be more than willing to grant EskimoBob the time required to a) return the double payment to Nefario b) Nefario release EskimoBob's details to me.

Until I see EskimoBob's e-mail and bitcoin address in an official document from GLBSE or Nefario, it appears that EskimoBob has tried to scam me. What other asset issuers has he attempted to scam? This is important; If EskimoBob cannot expain this, we need a scammer tag for someone like this so he does not defraud other people.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 07:26:04 AM

I did not realize someone could get a scammer tag even if they attempted to scam someone else.  I always thought the scam had to be committed and someone lost bitcoins or some other valuable resource.

No, you're right, scammer tags aren't given if no scam is committed. If his allegations are true, only thing Usagi lost is time, and that isn't worth a scammer tag.

It's also not likely anyone will receive a scammer tag for not returning the double payments Nefario made. If only because doing so would require trusting Nefario and his data, and he's already shown himself untrustworthy. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 07:31:10 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2012, 01:44:58 PM by usagi

I did not realize someone could get a scammer tag even if they attempted to scam someone else.  I always thought the scam had to be committed and someone lost bitcoins or some other valuable resource.

No, you're right, scammer tags aren't given if no scam is committed. If his allegations are true, only thing Usagi lost is time, and that isn't worth a scammer tag.

It's also not likely anyone will receive a scammer tag for not returning the double payments Nefario made. If only because doing so would require trusting Nefario and his data, and he's already shown himself untrustworthy.  

Thank you for your response. I will accept your judgement that EskimoBob does not deserve a scammer tag and I will now lock this thread. Edit: I will leave this thread open until EskimoBob provides proof of ownership. As BadBear said, "If his allegations are true," which means the actual situation of whether or not EskimoBob tried to scam me is still open.

I will give EskimoBob until the end of the month to provide proof of ownership OR an update on why he has not yet provided that information. EskimoBob, my advice to you is to stop trolling, you have no credibility.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 02:34:32 PM

When he claimed that he had 9 Yarr and had an offer to sell them he cant know if they were sold in the timeframe he logged in the last time in glbse and the time nefario closed glbse. So he only can tell you that he had 9 Yarr and had them offered for sale. He cant tell you for sure that he still had them when glbse was closed. Or did i miss infos?

And eskimobob was the one that probably had the influence on nefario so that he started to give out the asset info. Why should he do this while knowing at the same time that this would reveal to you that he scammed you? That makes no sense. So im sure he had 9 Yarr but they got sold without he being able to know it. No scamtry happened.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 02:42:14 PM

And eskimobob was the one that probably had the influence on nefario so that he started to give out the asset info. Why should he do this while knowing at the same time that this would reveal to you that he scammed you? That makes no sense. So im sure he had 9 Yarr but they got sold without he being able to know it. No scamtry happened.

Very good point. It will be amusing to see how usagi's delusional thinking will try to reason his way out of this one again.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 04:22:46 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2012, 06:07:59 PM by usagi

Very good point. It will be amusing to see how usagi's delusional thinking will try to reason his way out of this one again.

Simple; if EskimoBob forces the issue of his claim when there is clear proof he is lying, then he is a fraud, and I will not be processing his claim. He has said he will find out why his name is not on the list. This means he recognizes the validity of my complaint. I do in fact have a right to ask for proof he owns the shares.

Give him time to provide the proof he said he would.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 08:34:59 PM

Simple; if EskimoBob forces the issue of his claim when there is clear proof he is lying, then he is a fraud, and I will not be processing his claim. He has said he will find out why his name is not on the list. This means he recognizes the validity of my complaint. I do in fact have a right to ask for proof he owns the shares.

Give him time to provide the proof he said he would.

SebastianJu, good point.

Usagi, I have not forced the issue in any way. All I did was I told you that I hold 9 YARR's because the sales order was never filled (at least I am not aware of it and the coin never arrived to my account, after the GLBSE closed. Guess how you responded?
You started to call me names and immediately accused me of lying and scamming your. 
I posted a thread "Good news... " Guess how you replied -  you called me a liar
You started your Nyan etc thread and you called me a liar  - you still had no proof what so ever, that I have ever lied. This is my 8th? time. Show me a post where I have lied. So far you have not responded to my request.
Di james tell you that the list is complete or did he tell you that the list is not complete? No matter, you call me a liar and accuse me of scamming you.
I mean, wtf man! Get a grip on yourself.

So, because you have no idea wtf is really going on, why don't you change the subject of this thread to something less inaccurate? 
At the moment, only liar here is you, usagi.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

If he didnt get back the usermoney from glbse yet he cant do any other thing than claiming that he had 9 yarr. Because he simply cant tell whats true. He has to wait until he finds out that he has 9 Yarr or the corresponding value in btc at glbse in my opinion. So only time can tell. Argueing about at this time wont have a result.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 11:23:15 PM

The subject line of this thread is libel. usagi should change it until proven to be true without any doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: