Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Biggest Fish - cooperative gambling game!  (Read 10269 times)
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 10:57:22 PM

Cool project by the way. Hope it nets you some bitcoins!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 11:00:09 PM

I just typed in a bunch of nonsense and it said I joined the game. Perhaps use some kind of input validation for bitcoin addressses.

Aye, after we add all planned content we polish the game.

This seems pretty important, people will pay you and not be able to get paid if they mess up an address. Address validation is not hard.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 11:09:32 PM

I just typed in a bunch of nonsense and it said I joined the game. Perhaps use some kind of input validation for bitcoin addressses.

Aye, after we add all planned content we polish the game.

This seems pretty important, people will pay you and not be able to get paid if they mess up an address. Address validation is not hard.

We backed this up with the secret code. They can PM me with their login link and I or Bargheimer send the coins.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 11:18:20 PM

What is 'offense' -0.05 mean in my history?

I would assume it means I attacked a fish, but that amount isn't possible and I didn't click a fish.

edit: n/m that amount is possible, so I must have clicked a fish? err, I was .101 so actually I couldn't lose .05 because I can't click a .1 fish. Plus I didn't actually click a fish.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 02:27:24 AM

totally hooked / have army of SWC fish now...

Q:  is my fish visable / clickable / at all times or only when I'm online in browser?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 02:52:39 AM

Q:  is my fish visable / clickable / at all times or only when I'm online in browser?

I would think it's visible whenever it has at least 0.1 BTC.

You can check this for yourself by closing one of your tabs / browsers and checking in the others whether the corresponding fish winks out of existence.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 04:26:23 AM

Minor improvement. Fish you can't click don't need the % shown, would clean it up a tad. Especially as it gets crowded in this ocean!

Also minor.Tthe black text on the fish is sometimes hard to read because of the black lines on the fish when I'm zoomed out a ways.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 04:42:14 AM

Minor improvement. Fish you can't click don't need the % shown, would clean it up a tad. Especially as it gets crowded in this ocean!

Also minor.Tthe black text on the fish is sometimes hard to read because of the black lines on the fish when I'm zoomed out a ways.

congrats on your biggest fish / did you buy it or un-seed the largest with a successful bite?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 06:56:31 AM

What is 'offense' -0.05 mean in my history?

I would assume it means I attacked a fish, but that amount isn't possible and I didn't click a fish.

edit: n/m that amount is possible, so I must have clicked a fish? err, I was .101 so actually I couldn't lose .05 because I can't click a .1 fish. Plus I didn't actually click a fish.
It means that u attacked someone and lost. With .101 weight u would lose .05 coz weight loss is rounded down, and weight of ur victim doesn't matter coz u lose half of ur own weight.
Is it possible that u clicked other fish by accident? Has anyone had the same issue when fish bites by itself?

I would think it's visible whenever it has at least 0.1 BTC.

You can check this for yourself by closing one of your tabs / browsers and checking in the others whether the corresponding fish winks out of existence.
True, fish visibility depends on weight only.

% should be visible, if u see 62% it means that the fish has 38% chance to win versus u. If the ocean is too crowded... eat the fish! Smiley

Bargheimer is going to change the color later, he is working on new content now.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 07:10:54 AM

congrats on your biggest fish / did you buy it or un-seed the largest with a successful bite?

I put 2 coins in and everyone else did the rest :-)

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 07:12:29 AM

% should be visible, if u see 62% it means that the fish has 38% chance to win versus u. If the ocean is too crowded... eat the fish! Smiley

Ah, ok I guess that makes sense.

I did realize I can zoom pretty far out to get less overlapping, but the text does get small.

And, ahhem, I can't eat any fish at the moment.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 09:07:33 AM

Is only one fish big sized now or is it a static or dynamic threshold? Is there a bigger size we haven't seen yet?

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:36:17 AM

Is only one fish big sized now or is it a static or dynamic threshold? Is there a bigger size we haven't seen yet?

It's a static image. The biggest one. Usualy only 1 fish is the biggest, but sometimes there are a few fish with the same weight.

PS: The Chest has been added. Click on a free slot to put 1 BTC which will be subtracted from the weight of ur fish. Click on a coin image in the chest to get 1 BTC back.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 09:56:22 AM

It's a static image. The biggest one. Usualy only 1 fish is the biggest, but sometimes there are a few fish with the same weight.

PS: The Chest has been added. Click on a free slot to put 1 BTC which will be subtracted from the weight of ur fish. Click on a coin image in the chest to get 1 BTC back.

Sweet, for some reason I really like that way. I just went slumming, lost every time, but now I'm biggest again anyway hahaha.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 01:08:23 PM

New update:
Every bite can be rewarded with a Latin letter which goes to an attacker. Odds scale depending on the attacker's weight up to 100% for the heaviest fish. Later the letters will be used to purchase items.
NB: Click on a letter in the Chest to throw it away if u have no empty slots to store coins.

Next update:
Item Shop.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 06:22:07 PM

A miniupdate has been applied.

Now, if a yellow fish is invisible then its referral bonus is collected by Octopus. After 1 BTC collected it announces Jackpot. Anyone who bites after that has 50% chance to get the jackpot.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 07:16:06 PM

The instructions, such as they are, say the odds of winning are proportional to the size of the fish.  So the tiny .1 fish attacking the 50 BTC fish has a very small chance of winning.  However, when the tiny fish wins, he wins 25 BTC, and when he loses, he loses .05.

1% goes to the house and it looks like 10% to someone else's fish if you click on that, so I'd click on the 0 fish to start.

Where did you find the instructions?

I'm wondering what happens to the 10% if I click the 0 fish to start.  I'm guessing it just goes to the house, and I don't end up keeping any more of my winnings than if I clicked a 'real' fish to start.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 08:10:57 PM

The instructions, such as they are, say the odds of winning are proportional to the size of the fish.  So the tiny .1 fish attacking the 50 BTC fish has a very small chance of winning.  However, when the tiny fish wins, he wins 25 BTC, and when he loses, he loses .05.

1% goes to the house and it looks like 10% to someone else's fish if you click on that, so I'd click on the 0 fish to start.

Where did you find the instructions?

I'm wondering what happens to the 10% if I click the 0 fish to start.  I'm guessing it just goes to the house, and I don't end up keeping any more of my winnings than if I clicked a 'real' fish to start.

U r right. 0 fish won't give u extra coins. This 9% goes to Octopus and paid as Jackpot.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 08:36:29 PM

In the middle of the bottom row, there's a "Click here to read how to play" link.  It may not appear until you have made a deposit.  It doesn't appear pastable.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 08:55:43 PM

I has been watching an interesting battle. MPEx had grown to 15 BTC when Otoh attacked him. Otoh lost like 15 BTC, MPEx became 30 BTC fat. Then Otoh fed his fish up to 30 BTC and successfully bit MPEx. That was quite insane. Though Otoh got his coins back and MPEx lost nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: