Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:03:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the BFL forums in f****** China?  (Read 7363 times)
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 07:00:50 PM

Why are you such a BFL asshamster? Seriously man - I don't get it. I assume they don't pay you - so why do you do this for free?

What's the opposite reason of why you post the same garbage over and over?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
DoogieHouser

Activity: 133

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 08:32:24 PM

Isn't there an age requirement for these forums?  The reason I ask is because it looks like we've got a couple of 4 year-olds having temper tantrums.

Threads like this create a bad public image for the Bitcoin community.

What's the big deal? If you're not happy with BFL, either get a refund or don't buy their product. Why let it ruin your day or Thanksgiving weekend?

I ordered a few BFL Single SCs back in July and am not thrilled that I didn't get my ASICs in October, as expected when I placed the order, but its not the end of the world.

Peace.

--Doogie
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:37:41 PM

I ordered a few BFL Single SCs back in July and am not thrilled that I didn't get my ASICs in October, as expected when I placed the order, but its not the end of the world.

True, it will not be the end of the world if you do not get asic or get money back too. The world has not ended when the pirate ran away with money. But that's not the point.

scammers are worse... Threads like these allow people to exercise caution. Communist era already over, in most countries we have freedom of speech.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 05:03:46 AM

+1

We do still (mostly) have freedom of speech, at least away from BFL controlled forums.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 06:48:35 AM

Isn't there an age requirement for these forums?  The reason I ask is because it looks like we've got a couple of 4 year-olds having temper tantrums.

What's the big deal? If you're not happy with BFL, either get a refund or don't buy their product. Why let it ruin your day or Thanksgiving weekend?

Peace.

While I agree DH,this place allows folks to vent,otherwise we would have alot of wife/child beatings,killing of coworkers,suicides.So it serves its purpose  Wink

Plus,its like watching a trainwreck,you just can't look away  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
squeept

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 02:38:58 PM

I THOUGHT THIS WAS 'MURICA!

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:05:28 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 08:53:17 AM by SLok

I was just searching for shipment updates on BFLs forum, reading this thread here:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/406-any-chance-chips-wont-work.html

Taking a snapshot, because I sort of assumed that this one would be deleted rather quickly. And I was right. It's gone now.

Which makes me think: Are we in f*cking China?!?! Censorship at it's best ...

Hey SLok & Inaba: eryngi is of course another one of Frizz23 fake accounts, right?

Well Frizz23, it probably is, you followed Eryngi pretty closely. Have you got the news that your probable alter ego Eryngi asked for a refund for a non-existing order for 5 Singles? Like naterhit's fake order refund request? Both guessed order numbers that did not exist. Or are you really borderline multi-personality disordered, besides being a psychopathic liar? https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/441-refund-not-getting-processed.html

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:04:41 AM

you guys do realize that "free speech" only protects you from the government limiting your speech, right? think about that the next time you yell "THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY"

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:42:17 AM

Dude your fries don't exist. All you have is an expensive fantasy that you will one day get to eat some delicious, golden brown fried potato that you paid for months ago. The guys at McDonalds keep telling you "Just wait a little longer, the fries are nearly ready" but you can't smell fries cooking. The only smell is bullshit. The manager of the McDonalds is a convicted fraudster, and some people are beginning to suspect that they don't even have a fryer back there at all.

You're standing at the front, salivating. You want those fries. You need those fucking fries. You're grasping a packet of ketchup, desperate for that first salty, greasy bite.

Suddenly a voice from the crowd says "Hey...maybe the fries aren't coming."

You have too much invested. Too much money, too much emotions. If those fries don't come, all your dreams die...

"SHUT UP!" you bark. "Don't you DARE question the fries. They're coming alright, and they'll be even more delicious than they promised, and I for one can't wait to see the look on your face as I shove those potato morsels down my greedy gullet!"

Maybe the fries will arrive. Maybe they won't. But one this is for sure, the whole thing is sketchy as fuck.

You can't really fault people for questioning it. Questioning it repeatedly even. This is Bitcoin, nothing can be taken for granted, especially not such a sketchy situation.

Most beautyful thing I ever read on here.
greyhawk

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:47:40 AM

Have you got the news that your probable alter ego Eryngi asked for a refund for a non-existing order for 5 Singles? Like naterhit's fake order refund request? Both guessed order numbers that did not exist. Or are you really borderline multi-personality disordered, besides being a psychopathic liar? https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/441-refund-not-getting-processed.html

You should maybe re-read that thread.
tcp_rst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:23:21 PM

LOL, the forum admin at BFL forums just installed an ignore feature over there.

[Joking speculation]
I guess they will encourage people to ignore the others asking pertinent questions.

I suppose that is one way to retain customers....ask them to wear the blinders like horses (haha)

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/446-how-ignore-users-bfl-forums.html

Nice--but totally out of context. The feature was already there, the button just wasn't active.  And it was a feature that was requested by customers so this was actually a sign of good, responsive customer service.  BFL originally resisted adding it because they hoped the tone of the discussions wouldn't require it,  Sadly, immaturity and hostility prevailed over reasoned, intelligent discussion and it became necessary.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:33:01 PM

I actually read that forum. There is a little immaturity here and there. Though, most of the rest of the content on that forum is pretty much normal stuff.

I hope customers whom spend thousands of dollars (or BTC equivalent) are not now considered practicing immaturity...

(I hope that is not the implication anyway)

You have to expect there will be irate people. They paid money, they didn't get their product, everything develops from there. It is human.

I don't see the immaturity at the level that an ignore feature is needed. Then again, everyone thinks differently.
Merrick

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 02:13:38 PM

I actually read that forum. There is a little immaturity here and there. Though, most of the rest of the content on that forum is pretty much normal stuff.

I hope customers whom spend thousands of dollars (or BTC equivalent) are not now considered practicing immaturity...

(I hope that is not the implication anyway)

You have to expect there will be irate people. They paid money, they didn't get their product, everything develops from there. It is human.

I don't see the immaturity at the level that an ignore feature is needed. Then again, everyone thinks differently.

It's the trolls that aren't customers that seem to be causing a lot of it and they are decent about moderating so that the spammiest of posters get deleted/blocked as much as possible.
greyhawk

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 02:16:53 PM

they are decent about moderating so that the spammiest of posters get deleted/blocked as much as possible.

So what you're saying is the BFL forums are in China?
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:28:48 PM

Have you got the news that your probable alter ego Eryngi asked for a refund for a non-existing order for 5 Singles? Like naterhit's fake order refund request? Both guessed order numbers that did not exist. Or are you really borderline multi-personality disordered, besides being a psychopathic liar? https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/441-refund-not-getting-processed.html

You should maybe re-read that thread.
Guy gave invalid order number, gave invalid email address, said "sorry typo in order number", does not give right order number or email, just says "satisfied with production update" that was posted 8 hours before he asked for a refund, and doesn't want to cancel anymore, and purrs like a kitten since. Or was it asshamster.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:45:48 PM

... they are decent about moderating so that the spammiest of posters get deleted/blocked as much as possible.

Yeah. They only let the cozy asshamsters through (Lab_Rat, BitBoyben, SLok, etc.) Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 08:00:40 PM

Why must you be a customer to have concerns? Could someone that was just considering their options post?

These were not intended to be rhetorical, I don't go to BFL forum territory save to investigate a posted link.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:17:25 PM

Awesome,something more to bitch about (ignore button added)..........

Shocked WOW,you guys look for ANY excuse don't you.I'd love to be a "fly on the wall" at your homes,must be drama city there,oh wait,you folks bring it here instead  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 08:24:08 AM

Another one bites the dust ... Wink

Thou shall not doubt the all-knowing Josh/Inaba, or stop him from spreading rubbish. Or you get deleted. Like this fella here:

A playstation 3?

... and it's gone: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/hardware-discussion/514-playstation-3-a.html#post7665

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 08:44:41 AM

a sincere question to Frizz23.
You dont like bfl . ok understandable. you dont like bfl forums. ok. they dont like you , apparently ... and? Does all of this serves a purpose?
You could always spread knowledge .... as josh/inaba/the next guy doesnt know as much as you do...just a thought...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: