Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:47:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ROLLIN.IO] Rollin 2016 New Year // Contests & Giveaways!! / CLOSED.  (Read 24743 times)
somuchee

Activity: 837
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 10:50:31 PM

Hit the Profit Contest II Code : S5

https://rollin.io/dice/history/1793997579

user : somuchee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fishscornful

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 11:19:26 PM

username: fishscornful

https://rollin.io/dice/history/1794106748
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:16:10 AM

finally i found 1 egg
in roll History

it is the beginning of a new year lol  Grin

https://rollin.io/dice/history/1701012016

username Rollin : Bee
retinaglug

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:31:33 AM

https://rollin.io/dice/history/1794381314

user: retinaglug
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:38:29 AM

https://rollin.io/dice/history/1793997579

user : somuchee

somuchee wins 12 mBTC

username: fishscornful

https://rollin.io/dice/history/1794106748

fishscornful wins 12 mBTC

https://rollin.io/dice/history/1794381314

user: retinaglug

retinaglug wins 12 mBTC
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:40:58 AM

finally i found 1 egg
in roll History

it is the beginning of a new year lol  Grin

username Rollin : Bee

Rollin Easter Egg Contest Winner : Bee

25 mBTC sent your way!

Hearty Congratulations to Bee!! Cheesy

Solution revealed:

New Year, 1st January 2016, 01 01 2016.

rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:59:34 AM

Rollin Easter Egg Contest Winner : Bee

25 mBTC sent your way!

Hearty Congratulations to Bee!! Cheesy

Solution revealed:

New Year, 1st January 2016, 01 01 2016.

thank u so much Rollin.io n ndnhc Grin

recieved 25Mbtc !!  Grin

ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:15:18 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2015, 08:38:02 AM by ndnhc

On-thread Trivia!

aaaand the question for today is:

Q. You are to divide 9 balls - 4 green and 5 red into 2 boxes. You pick a box at random and a ball from it at random. If it is red, you DIEEEE!, if it is green (I will let) you live. How would you maximize your odds of living?

Q. An emperor wants to find the cleverest of all men in his country to appoint him as his minister. There were three who made it to the last. The emperor places a crown on each of their heads, such that each man could see all of the other crowns, but none their own. Each crown was either gold or silver. The emperor gave his word to the wise men that at least one of them was wearing a gold crown; and that the contest would be fair to all three men. They were also not allowed to speak to each other. The emperor declared that whoever stood up and correctly announced the color of his own crown first would become his new minister. The men sat for a very long time before one stood up and correctly announced the answer. What did he say, and how did he figure it out?

Post your answer(s) with your Rollin account. Rollin account should be at least level 2 OR the bitcointalk account full member and above.
First to answer correctly wins the prize of 5 mBTC for the first question and 10 mBTC for the second..

Remember, no edits. And don't Google. Wink
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:32:36 AM

On-thread Trivia!

Q. You are to divide 9 balls - 4 green and 5 red into 2 boxes. You pick a box at random and a ball from it at random. If it is red, you DIEEEE!, if it is green (I will let) you live. How would you maximize your odds of living?

Q. An emperor wants to find the cleverest of all men in his country to appoint him as his minister. There were three who made it to the last. The emperor places a crown on each of their heads, such that each man could see all of the other crowns, but none their own. Each crown was either gold or silver. The emperor gave his word to the wise men that at least one of them was wearing a gold crown; and that the contest would be fair to all three men. They were also not allowed to speak to each other. The emperor declared that whoever stood up and correctly announced the color of his own crown first would become his new minister. The men sat for a very long time before one stood up and correctly announced the answer. What did he say, and how did he figure it out?

Post your answer(s) with your Rollin account. Rollin account should be at least level 2 OR the bitcointalk account full member and above.
First to answer correctly wins the prize of 5 mBTC for the first question and 10 mBTC for the second..

He says the color of his crown.
How he figure it out? Simple, because of each man could see the others crown and there's just 3 of them with just 1 gold crown.
Which makes these possiblity :
  • If he saw 2 silver crowns, then his crown is Gold
  • If he saw 1 silver & 1 gold crown, then his crown is silver

faucet used to be profitable
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 09:33:31 AM

Let me edit my own answer in a new post, as it doesn't add up Cheesy
If someone would see two silver crowns, he would know he wears gold. This didn't happen, as they sat for a very long time, which means there are at least two golden crowns.
This means that one two persons see one silver and one gold crown, which means they still don't know a thing. That leaves the one person who sees gold only, he knows he is wearing silver. Hence he anounces: Iwear silver on my head and becomes minister.

Username: Loyce

forfuna

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:49:34 AM

let's pretend that A is the wisest man .
because no one get picked so there won't be two of the golden crown
A think that there's only one guy wearing the golden crown , and that's himself because they are all wise man , and if they saw the golden crown more than one , they won't sat their for the long time to realize they're not the one got picked Grin
They need to see both the silver crown to make sure that they are getting picked
So there's gonna be only one crown
A will stand up and said : i'm wearing the golden crown Grin
CASlO

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

OK

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:13:58 AM

the dude probably saw that the other two we're also wearing silver crowns...so he realized that all of them were probably wearing silver crowns..so he stood up and said: "Good game my emperor! GG...no one has the golden crown..only you, now can i be the minister?"

LOL... Cheesy Tongue  Cool

?
CASlO

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

OK

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:22:41 AM

On-thread Trivia!

hmmm..and on the first question?..how should i maximize my odds of living...hmmmm...
simple...i'll use the balls and baskets as deadly weapons and try to kill you first....lol.. ;P

haha!.. not really sure how..but i'll find a way Cheesy

?
Jeremycoin
Legendary

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:35:01 AM

On-thread Trivia!

Finally I can figure it out Grin
If I can put the ball by myself, I will put 5 red + 3 green in the first box and left the 1 green ball in the second box. So whenever I pick the box, I know that the box with just 1 ball on it is have the green ball.
And if I'm not allowed to put the ball by myself, I will just pick the box with less balls. Because the box with more balls is has to be the red ball in it Grin

fumblingperch

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:27:17 AM

Let`s call the 2 boxes, boxA and boxB

the maximize odds for living is

boxA = 1 Green (100%)
BoxB = 3 Green and 5 Red (3/8)

as you have 50% to get boxA and 50% to get boxB, the odds to get a Green ball is:

(1 + 3/8)*1/2 = 11/16 = 68,75%

All other odds are lower because:

if you increase green balls in a boxA - it`ll continue at 100%, but will lower picking green ball at boxB odds
if you put only red balls in a boxA - your odd will be in max 50%
if you make a mist green and red - your odd will be in max 50% too (2green/1red and 2green/4red)

kylie.v

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:44:30 AM

A) if my life depended on this , i would cut the green and red balls in half and paste each half with the other half the other color. That way whichever ball is picked i would just flip the ball over to the color green Smiley not sure if that was prohibited .

B) the clever man who stood up would know what his crown was made of by looking at his reflection off the other men's crown. He also knew if his crown was gold or silver by determining if it felt heavy enough to be gold because gold is heavier than silver.

Lol

Rollin username: MzTriple7s

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
. BREAKOUT STAKE.
  M U L T I C U R R E N C Y   S M A R T   C O N T R A C T S   +   S I D E C H A I N S
  A N N     |     W E B S I T E     |     T W I T T E R     |     G I T H U B    ★  C O I N S A L E   J U L Y  10  –  J U L Y  24  ★ 
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
fumblingperch

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:58:21 AM

hmm, i think i understand your idea ndnch... but i think there is a mistake in your question

The key words are

The emperor gave his word to the wise men that at least one of them was wearing a gold crown
and
and that the contest would be fair to all three men

the possible options, because it say it`ll be fair to all three men, so,
1. 2 guys using silver crown isnt fair, because the third man will know he`s using gold crown (unfair)
2. 1 guy using silver crown and 2 gold crown (possible)
3. 3 guys using gold crown - (possible)
4. 3 guys using silver - (impossible)

now we look at option 2 and 3... because other options not possible or unfair
if a guy see 2 gold crown, he can`t know if he`s using Gold(3) or Silver(2)

if a guy see 1 silver and 1 gold, he can know for sure that he`s using a gold crown (2), because option 1 and 4 not possible or unfair
so, the answer is he said is Gold Crown.

This is the only possible answer, the problem is.. you said it must be fair the all three guys

in option 2, the guys that can see 1 silver and 1 gold, can know the answer
so, two of the guys can answer it, but the third one (using silver crown, can`t never know)
so it`s only fair to 2 guys.
So... i think your question is wrong

My answer is> the question have a mistake, because the game was not fair to the 3 guys

ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:44:17 AM

If I can put the ball by myself, I will put 5 red + 3 green in the first box and left the 1 green ball in the second box. So whenever I pick the box, I know that the box with just 1 ball on it is have the green ball.

The answer is correct. Cheesy (4 mBTC to Jeremycoin)

Original question:
You are a prisoner sentenced to death. The Emperor offers you a chance to live by playing a simple game. He gives you 50 black marbles, 50 white marbles and 2 empty bowls. He then says, "Divide these 100 marbles into these 2 bowls. You can divide them any way you like as long as you use all the marbles. Then I will blindfold you and mix the bowls around. You then can choose one bowl and remove ONE marble. If the marble is WHITE you will live, but if the marble is BLACK... you will die."

How do you divide the marbles up so that you have the greatest probability of choosing a WHITE marble?

Answer to my variant: (Best Explanation) (3 mBTC to fumblingperch)

Let`s call the 2 boxes, boxA and boxB

the maximize odds for living is

boxA = 1 Green (100%)
BoxB = 3 Green and 5 Red (3/8)

as you have 50% to get boxA and 50% to get boxB, the odds to get a Green ball is:

(1 + 3/8)*1/2 = 11/16 = 68,75%

All other odds are lower because:

if you increase green balls in a boxA - it`ll continue at 100%, but will lower picking green ball at boxB odds
if you put only red balls in a boxA - your odd will be in max 50%
if you make a mist green and red - your odd will be in max 50% too (2green/1red and 2green/4red)

Jeremycoin
Legendary

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:51:38 AM

The answer is correct. Cheesy (4 mBTC to Jeremycoin)
Thanks.
I'm sorry if my explanation is not that good Grin
BTW, my username is Jeremyroll

Jeremycoin
Legendary

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 04:00:52 AM

Rollin username : Jeremyroll
Code : A1

I like Rollin.io because of the roll speed, and also the Ding sound when it's rolling the number Grin
What need to be added is an option to change how the balance is shown, whether to use BTC or mBTC.

Can I add my suggestion? if yest, I want to suggest to use the word "Mute" rather than "Ban" in the chat. Because it's obviously not a ban, it just a mute.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: