Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ledger Wallet Nano Bitcoin Security Card, Duo Edition (Ledger Wallet Duo) 30$  (Read 833 times)
tigerfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:45:20 PM

Ledger Wallet Nano Bitcoin Security Card, Duo Edition (Ledger Wallet Duo) 30$ escrow accepted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 06:55:20 PM

For reference:

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 03:00:39 AM

is it still in original, unopened packaging?

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 03:44:34 AM

I don't think hardware wallets are safe to accept from people other then the manufacturers directly. The vast majority of people do not have the technical expertise to be able to audit the software and the hardware components of a hardware wallet, forcing them to trust the person they bought it from.

If you buy a hardware wallet from a 3rd party then there is the risk that the device is somehow tampered with so that the seed is either not generated in a random fashion, or that the private keys are otherwise fairly easily discoverable to an attacker.

Sure there is the security tape that is generally included with hardware wallets, however I do not think this would be extremely difficult to break/fake, and would not risk large amounts of BTC based solely on security tape.
tigerfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:58:40 AM

is it still in original, unopened packaging?

yes it is .
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 12:43:09 PM

I don't think hardware wallets are safe to accept from people other then the manufacturers directly. The vast majority of people do not have the technical expertise to be able to audit the software and the hardware components of a hardware wallet, forcing them to trust the person they bought it from.

If you buy a hardware wallet from a 3rd party then there is the risk that the device is somehow tampered with so that the seed is either not generated in a random fashion, or that the private keys are otherwise fairly easily discoverable to an attacker.

Sure there is the security tape that is generally included with hardware wallets, however I do not think this would be extremely difficult to break/fake, and would not risk large amounts of BTC based solely on security tape.

Ledger actually addresses this for their products. You are able to reset the cards and safely use them.

https://ledger.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/is-my-ledger-wallet-nominative-can-i-offer-give-or-sell-it-to-someone-else

tigerfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:46:24 PM

Ledger actually addresses this for their products. You are able to reset the cards and safely use them.

https://ledger.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/is-my-ledger-wallet-nominative-can-i-offer-give-or-sell-it-to-someone-else

thanks man Smiley.
tigerfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:44:22 AM

Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: