Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell now and buy again at $1300.  (Read 6857 times)
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:41:48 AM

maybe OP meant to say buy now and sell on 1300 when halving comes
we all gain from buy cheap and sell high i dont know how he gain from buy high and sell cheap

I don't think so, OP says so in the title Sell now and buy again at $1300

That's crazy if you're going to do that

You would lose out on all the profits that could've been made, I wouldn't suggest this method to anyone

It's better to buy in and bulk in now rather than when the price shoots up to $1300
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:46:30 AM

Advantages: If the price reaches $1300, then there is strong momentum and it will probably go much higher.
If the price doesn't reach $1300, then bitcoin failed or something seriously went wrong. You will save yourself a lot of time and money.

Disadvantages: You miss the gains from 350 to 1300

Great advice! For a troll... Do you seriously expect even the worst newbie noob to believe in your meaningless nonsense?
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:10:04 AM

Why should I sell it with a cheap price and buy with a high price? That makes no sense.

I just better buy now and wait that will happend to 1300 dollars.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:19:22 AM

Advantages: If the price reaches $1300, then there is strong momentum and it will probably go much higher.
If the price doesn't reach $1300, then bitcoin failed or something seriously went wrong. You will save yourself a lot of time and money.

Great advice! For a troll... Do you seriously expect even the worst newbie noob to believe in your meaningless nonsense?

I dunno, it's not a strategy I'm going to follow, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable strategy - not much difference to buying when price rises above the upper Bollinger Band. It also frees up funds to invest in other things while we wait for a clear movement from BTC.

This space intentionally left blank.
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:26:57 AM

I dunno, it's not a strategy I'm going to follow, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable strategy - not much difference to buying when price rises above the upper Bollinger Band. It also frees up funds to invest in other things while we wait for a clear movement from BTC.
Buying once the price movement starts will reduce the profits by a great extent compared to buying now.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:38:47 AM

Buying once the price movement starts will reduce the profits by a great extent compared to buying now.

Buying now has more risks than buying later in an confirmed uptrend; which is what the OP is all about.
as usual: more risk, more (possible) reward ;-)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:51:09 AM

Why should I sell it with a cheap price and buy with a high price? That makes no sense.

I just better buy now and wait that will happend to 1300 dollars.

Yeah this guy is a lunatic. I think he went full freak and failed to get back to his normal state.

There is no way people who expect a increase in the price, would sell their coins now.

pissedoff

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:52:34 AM

Buying now has more risks than buying later in an confirmed uptrend; which is what the OP is all about.
as usual: more risk, more (possible) reward ;-)
I don't see why buying now is more riskier than buying later in a confirmed uptrend. The risk might only be a little low and not worth it.
LMGTFY

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:54:35 AM

Well yeah, obviously. But it's about risk vs. reward - you sacrifice some reward in the hope of reducing risk. Whether the reduced reward is worth it is a judgement call - how far beyond 1300 do you expect price to go? If you believe we're going to reach the current ATH and then fall back shortly after, the reward probably won't make the reduced risk worth it. My feeling is that if we pass the current ATH we're going to see prices go far, far further - and the lost rewards from 350-1300 will be fairly insignificant. I hope so, because I'm in and I'm hodling.

LMGTFY

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:59:10 AM

I don't see why buying now is more riskier than buying later in a confirmed uptrend. The risk might only be a little low and not worth it.

Because right now we're not in a confirmed uptrend (well, it depends on the timescale. But I don't see an uptrend that'll take us to the moon being confirmed yet). Price could go down, it could go sideways (with the opportunity-loss to match, i.e. funds tied up in BTC going sideways, when they could be invested in something more profitable). Or price could up, of course - in which case you're correct. But we have no way of accurately predicting risk, only ways to manage it. And this strategy is one such way.

pissedoff

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:03:52 PM

Because right now we're not in a confirmed uptrend (well, it depends on the timescale. But I don't see an uptrend that'll take us to the moon being confirmed yet). Price could go down, it could go sideways (with the opportunity-loss to match, i.e. funds tied up in BTC going sideways, when they could be invested in something more profitable). Or price could up, of course - in which case you're correct. But we have no way of accurately predicting risk, only ways to manage it. And this strategy is one such way.
If you use the money to invest it in something more profitable you are taking another layer of risk on your money.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:06:12 PM

IMHO atm BTC is very risky because of scalability, fungibility and sidechains.
as soon as all of them are solved (in whatever way) i expect some serious uptrend; but until then i see BTC as risky.

so for me OP translates to: when price goes above 1300$ all issues are resolved and BTC can unleash its true potential ;-)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
LMGTFY

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:09:36 PM

If you use the money to invest it in something more profitable you are taking another layer of risk on your money.

Not exactly. You're replacing the risk-of-investing-in-BTC-while-it-goes-sideways with the risk-of-investing-in-other-instrument. There's no getting away from risk, it's the price we pay for reward. The best we can do is manage risk and try and ensure our assessment of risk is consistent with what we believe reward will be. (And in this scenario, the investor believes that not-BTC will outperform BTC).

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:10:05 PM

Does the title make any sense?
Why I should I sell now when price is low and buy back in at the top?
Something went completely wrong here. Cheesy
Buy now and hold!And if someone wants to sell, then do it at the top to make profits.
That's how it should be.
LMGTFY

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:13:35 PM

Buy now and hold!And if someone wants to sell, then do it at the top to make profits.
That's how it should be.

I'm definitely a buyer/hodler too. But there are traders who'll tell you we're wrong, because we sacrifice the potential to make even more profit by buying dips/selling peaks.

It's similar here. This strategy makes no sense to us, because it requires the investor to sacrifice all that goodness we get from holding now. But for someone with less confidence in BTC, or who has other, potentially more lucrative investments they could park their funds in for a while - this strategy is worth consideration.

Edit: spelled "hodl" wrong. Is "hold" even a word?!

pissedoff

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:19:50 PM

That's how it should be.

I'm definitely a buyer/hodler too. But there are traders who'll tell you we're wrong, because we sacrifice the potential to make even more profit by buying dips/selling peaks.

It's similar here. This strategy makes no sense to us, because it requires the investor to sacrifice all that goodness we get from holding now. But for someone with less confidence in BTC, or who has other, potentially more lucrative investments they could park their funds in for a while - this strategy is worth consideration.

Edit: spelled "hodl" wrong. Is "hold" even a word?!
Yeah "hold" is a word. Source of information: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hold?s=t
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:44:35 PM

Anyone with a decent IQ would know that this is just a dumb idea and strategy

Why would you not buy right now and make incredible profits later on?
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:21:15 PM

This is a common strategy in momentum stock trading. You buy a stock that breaks past its all time high and sell it when it stops making gains. Then you look for another stock to make the same pattern and buy that. The idea is that your capital is only tied up in stocks that are moving and you ignore those that are languishing and going nowhere.

However, if you are only focused on Bitcoin then this strategy does not make sense.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:22:49 PM

This is a common strategy in momentum stock trading. You buy a stock that breaks past its all time high and sell it when it stops making gains. Then you look for another stock to make the same pattern and buy that. The idea is that your capital is only tied up in stocks that are moving and you ignore those that are languishing and going nowhere.

However, if you are only focused on Bitcoin then this strategy does not make sense.

Wow I need to learn about bitcoin more or that stock trading.
This suggestion buying for a high price and sell it with a low price is just not for me. I can't afford this amount of money.
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:28:17 PM

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a while
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: