Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:40:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't believe i was able to register this bitcoin domain  (Read 2793 times)
funkydog (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:54:16 PM

I registered "bitcoins.website" as in http://www.bitcoins.website

Can't believe it was still free
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:56:39 PM

Those kind of domains don't really have any value because of their extension and also they are not CEO friendly like .com , .co , .NET , .ORG etc. ..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
funkydog (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:59:12 PM

Those kind of domains don't really have any value because of their extension and also they are not CEO friendly like .com , .co , .NET , .ORG etc. ..

The value is in the development options and its a very easy to remember domain.....A lot of non generic domains have value because they can be easy developed and they are easy to remember although you are right that search engines are also a part of value.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:59:22 PM

https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?domainToCheck=bitcoins&tld=market&checkAvail=1&ci=4853&dpp_itc=dpp_whois&prog_id=GoDaddy

funkydog (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:00:23 PM

Whats your point? Godaddy asks 9k USD for that domain...
spinnel

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:08:50 PM

I never trust any website with an unusual extension, I only trust websites with the well known .com , .co , .NET, etc extensions. If a domain is too long I view it as suspicious too. Most people probably don't trust unusual domains so you can buy them cheaper, but get less page views if you use them.
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:14:59 PM

What you pay for is what you get. It's free for a reason. I bet most people don't even realize .website is even an extension...

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 08:30:35 PM

I never trust any website with an unusual extension, I only trust websites with the well known .com , .co , .NET, etc extensions. If a domain is too long I view it as suspicious too. Most people probably don't trust unusual domains so you can buy them cheaper, but get less page views if you use them.

is my domain too long???  Its to the left.

spinnel

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:56:48 PM

is my domain too long???  Its to the left.

Both HoneybadgerOfMoney.com, and Weed4bitcoin.com have .com extensions which the whole internet community is used to, so I don't think the extensions are too long. HoneybadgerOfMoney is so long it puts me slightly off, but that's only my personal preferences. I'm certain people wouldn't be afraid to click the link because of an unusual extension, the .com in HoneybadgerOfMoney.com is one of the most common extensions on the internet, and nice and concise, unlike .website
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:01:32 PM

I don't think it's worth anything now to be honest, but maybe in the future it can be gain value as any other dictionary or common words. There are plenty of these type of domains available so you didn't discovered anything. That doesn't mean it doesn't have potential value.

.io domains have a different story as I see some of you discussing that "alternative" ones don't have any value, that's one exception.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:16:04 PM

What are you gonna do with that domain? Hope you make something productive for the community and not just be another scammer wasting the domain's value.

Have you started planning yet?

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:28:21 PM

Good for you.I think you should hold this domain for longer duration and it may become valuable by then.Although with ICANN releasing more and more domain extensions,its not big deal if you get your hand on some generic name for those extensions.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3080

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:28:56 PM

Don't let the naysayers get you down - it's a good domain name!

It may not rank as fast as a .com, but it's a searchable name that you can link to.  Do good SEO on the page and you'll do fine.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:49:01 PM

It may not rank as fast as a .com, but it's a searchable name that you can link to.  Do good SEO on the page and you'll do fine.
I agree with the first part of your comment but I dont think a domain extension has anything to do with the time or duration of getting good search engine ranking.If your content is good and unique,and you do a good on page and off page seo,you can get good ranking as you would normally with a .com domain

Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:18:15 AM

It's easy to remember this domain, but i'm not sure if this extension .website is really a Top domain like .com and .net for example. But anyway it can be used to promote Bitcoin services for the people and advertise this crypto currency as well
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:41:14 AM

Not sure if I was a naysayer but to me he take a gamble basically or decided to "invest" into something. A domain has to be renewed for many years even if that doesn't cost very much. I see potential of course but only time will tell really. Personally I wouldn't buy it if I saw it but OP thinks he found gold, that's the only thing that in my opinion didn't make too much sense.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:49:48 AM

It's good domain name , at least easy to rememeber for everyone
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:22:29 AM

By "free", do you mean as in, no one had claimed it, or "free" as in... money free?

Either way, lucky you. Good job. Hope you make good use of that good domain, don't make it inactive, nor a ponzi Cheesy

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
fastdice_alchemist

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 03:39:15 AM

By "free", do you mean as in, no one had claimed it, or "free" as in... money free?

Either way, lucky you. Good job. Hope you make good use of that good domain, don't make it inactive, nor a ponzi Cheesy

He means it was available.

I don't like the extension, but lucky you being able to register it. Put it to some good use Smiley
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:45:45 AM

.website is also worth and talking about SEO friendly i don't think its extenstion. Lots of think depend on getting indexed in results. I think if you can list down the bitcoin related website in this domain, you will make it worth after 1-2 years with extensive link building.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: