Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:01:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **UPDATE 12/15/2015 *** - Bitify aka Cryptothrift alternatives  (Read 4225 times)
loki0505 (OP)

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:55:58 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 01:42:48 AM by loki0505

Received a message this morning regarding Bitify (formerly Cryptothrift) no longer listing Paypal or Gift Cards...FAAAAKKK!  This was the spot where i got all my GC from legit sellers....is there an alternate website that is similar to Bitify?Huh HAALP
MiLkz

Activity: 617
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 05:42:53 PM

All these legit sellers have to do is get verified and they can sell once again.

So there shouldn't be an issue?
loki0505 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:15:22 PM

All these legit sellers have to do is get verified and they can sell once again.

my bad, when i say legit...i meant legit as I buy they fulfill and no questions asked. I don't need or care about doing "background" checks on stuff.
StarbucksFan

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 09:25:42 PM

IMO it is a good thing.. Sad because I just started selling there but at least it will get rid of all the scammers...
stufffromdennis

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:44:54 PM

definitely been a much better place to buy giftcards than here.

I've bought from both and here seems to be a lot more trouble. For some reason, here a person often wants you to add them on Skype, you all get to chat, sometimes instead of the escrow boasted publicly the seller suddenly wants you to do something weird like send 50% up front then the rest via escrow, etc., and tries to convince you that this is the way he offers such low prices, etc. I've had 30 min conversations with people over Skype before that went nowhere because they seem so flaky and shady. We'll be dealing on the thing I came in there to buy and they totally try to push me into buying something else. "Hey instead of the $50 Groupon for $25, how would you like a $1000 gift card to ______ for $50?"

I really liked Bitify. This news today was a huge shame. I was going to buy some Kohls, and Newegg there today. Oh, and the prices tended to be cheaper there even WITH the escrow.

They will be missed. I too would like some alternatives.
Triple

Activity: 847

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:51:08 PM

Sellers selling carded GC will not want to get verified

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
stufffromdennis

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:58:55 PM

Sellers selling carded GC will not want to get verified

Outside of the obvious with that, I've dealt with a couple good sellers there (and even here) with poor English skills. I think several of our good sellers are located outside of the US. I'm not sure what "verification" means for them but I'm guessing it wouldn't be as easy. If they set up large obstacles, it would likely keep those people away.
Adamcheek

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:41:25 PM

Bump.
If there's no alternative, anybody want to create one with me?
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:47:50 PM

Now all the scammers are going to end up here.  Yes, there are also good sellers there.
loki0505 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:30:37 PM

Yep, bitify was great since you can find the deals you want right away.  Plus the review/feedbacks and escrow (couple cents per dollar) was awesome. Sure, I can agree about banning the exchanges (btc to paypal or vise versa) but why you gotta ban the egifts?  I mean, what's next...payivy going to go down now because of verification on digital sales?

We REALLY need a new place.  Someone get to it now!! I will suupport!
nathanalexanderjeffrey

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:03:42 AM

I recently made this account as bitify sent me the same message this morning of no more gift cards or digital items or paypal.... What i'm laughing at is the fact that bitify just fucked themselves as they just banned their most top sold items, Therefore they aren't going to make that much money from fees and escrow anymore. I'm going to explore this site now to buy some gc's. Hope some jerk doesn't scam me.
ariosxis

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:25:23 AM

Publish your giftcards in www.cashvouchers.net this a good marketplace site, recomendded.
MiLkz

Activity: 617
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:06:16 AM

It states that this is only a "temporarily ban"..

It also seems this was mainly in regard to money laundering.  The admin refers to AML standards, AML stands for anti-money laundering.  PayPal and other cash for BTC exchanges were becoming a problem.

All the sellers really have to do, is provide their ID.  What is the big deal?
Allution

Activity: 254

No legacy is so rich as honesty.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:59:18 AM

I am a seller on bitify too. Shame on them. They earned more than $200 from me for their escrow fees + other fees in 2 months. They were making a lot of money. But, maybe for them is better this way as they do not want to end up in jail.

I am looking for an alternative too. Btw, they did not remove my listings, but i did because of the suspend they warn people.
A funding for The New Bitify would be a great idea!

I am waiting for alternatives.
I can be a part of it too!

I love Bitcoin BTC

sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:27:12 AM

It states that this is only a "temporarily ban"..

It also seems this was mainly in regard to money laundering.  The admin refers to AML standards, AML stands for anti-money laundering.  PayPal and other cash for BTC exchanges were becoming a problem.

All the sellers really have to do, is provide their ID.  What is the big deal?

The big deal is 80% of the various gift card sellers will be unwilling to do so and  it will probably eventually bring about be the end of Bitify since my guess is that a large amount of their fees come from gift card sellers.  
Allution

Activity: 254

No legacy is so rich as honesty.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 04:32:39 AM

Maybe something else will arrive on bitify soon and will make it more famous than now. Else,

I can bet that they will update their policy soon, accepting gift cards again!  Grin Grin

nathanalexanderjeffrey

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:40:48 AM

Maybe something else will arrive on bitify soon and will make it more famous than now. Else,

I can bet that they will update their policy soon, accepting gift cards again!  Grin Grin

I hope... Smiley Cause I can't really do business with this newbie account. lmao
dodgers564

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:08:58 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 01:55:06 PM by dodgers564

I hope gift cards come back on there. It  had several legit seller...I had amazing feedback on there and 0 here Sad
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 09:53:34 AM

I think that's a good move too. however, you might want to check out openbazaar, as their beta launch is near Smiley

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 10:34:08 AM

I think that's a good move too. however, you might want to check out openbazaar, as their beta launch is near Smiley

How long exactly has it been "near" already?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: