Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:35:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King - 100 BTC  (Read 15286 times)
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 06:20:21 PM

It wont load the picture.. all I see is a white box with a red X in it

nvm I just went to the link in "properties" and it showed the back...

wonderful.... it's ugly.. Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:55:16 PM

I have removed the words "Potential Scam" from the posting summarizing  of the sellers responses up to the point where a picture of the receipt and serial number was provided.  Now we do some due diligence.   

We still need some more picture with the light on to evaluate its condition. 

Yep

Dank, I can understand if you are without a camera, but I would suggest not bumping the thread anymore until you can update with more pictures, of what is needed to prove authenticity.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:58:58 PM

I have been posting pictures, don't know why they're not showing for some people.

Alternate links:

https://i.imgur.com/80K6A.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eaIgj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/pxHZR.jpg

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:01:55 PM

I have been posting pictures, don't know why they're not showing for some people.

ah sorry, Yeah they aren't showing up at all of me, but if I quote your blank post I get the image links

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 07:11:53 PM

Dank - Can you tell me the number that is on the back?   It is under the band in your back picture and it ends with 557.

Thanks

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
AndrewBUD

Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 07:12:02 PM

Yeah I think that first image hosting site you were using was only allowing people from the US to view the pictures. maybe?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:22:29 PM

Dank - Can you tell me the number that is on the back?   It is under the band in your back picture and it ends with 557.

Thanks
It only says 557.  There's also a number on the band reading 78350 with 19 below it.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 07:23:43 PM

Update:  I called Wingate's and the invoice is legitimate.  I verified the purchase date, invoice # and amount.   Now to finalize the process we would need to match the serial number with the number on the invoice and at that point, it would be the real deal.

Dank - I know you may think this was excessive but this is standard practice when buying luxury goods.  I was skeptical you would do this with the amount of time you have spent with us on the forums but I hope you understand how your initial responses would raise red-flags.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:25:54 PM

No worries.

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 07:27:55 PM

No worries.

I have also posted an update on the other posting and locked it, pending a deletion.

J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:43:00 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 05:06:20 AM by J-Norm

This place sure is suspicious. I suppose suspicion is healthy but really if you don't think something is legit you can just move on, if you are really worried then post your concerns once. However this thread has basically been trolled by the same people posting over and over who have no actual interest in participating in the transaction.

This might be legit, it might not be. But accusation without evidence is about as tacky as scamming. A word of caution may be warranted but pages and pages of accusations are out of line. If you had a good point then a single post should suffice to make it, if people are not convinced then repeating yourself over and over will not help.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:04:12 AM

J-Norm

Welcome to bitcointalk.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:11:18 AM

This place sure is suspicious. I suppose suspicion is healthy but really if you don't think something is legit you can just move on, if you are really worried then post your concerns once. However this thread has basically been trolled by the same people posting over and over who have no actual interest in participating in the transaction.

This might be legit, it might not be. But accusations without evidence is about as tacky as scamming. A word of caution may be warranted but pages and pages of accusations are out of line. If you had a good point then a single post should suffice to make it, if people are not convinced the repeating yourself over and over will not help.

I was sold fake watches that are worth almost nothing here.  Suspicion is warranted.  Rolexes are often counterfeited and some of the copies are very accurate. Even with this watch and the information so far, the only real way to know if it is real is to have a professional look at it.  They usually need to open it and look at the movement.  Personally I do think that this watch is real but I am not an expert. 

The going rate on ebay for this watch in good condition fully working is about $1500 though if you go for auctions and get lucky $1200 is possible. 

J-Norm

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:13:28 AM

J-Norm

Welcome to bitcointalk.

I am a foreigner in this land. I am starting to realize that what I consider to be proper may not match the culture I have exposed myself to. Perhaps this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable behavior in this land and if so please excuse the ignorance of this wayfarer.
J-Norm

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:22:42 AM

I was sold fake watches that are worth almost nothing here.  Suspicion is warranted.  Rolexes are often counterfeited and some of the copies are very accurate. Even with this watch and the information so far, the only real way to know if it is real is to have a professional look at it.  They usually need to open it and look at the movement.  Personally I do think that this watch is real but I am not an expert. 

The going rate on ebay for this watch in good condition fully working is about $1500 though if you go for auctions and get lucky $1200 is possible. 

Update:  I called Wingate's and the invoice is legitimate.  I verified the purchase date, invoice # and amount.   Now to finalize the process we would need to match the serial number with the number on the invoice and at that point, it would be the real deal.

Given the image of the receipt and the fact that is has been corroborated, I think it now comes down to if you think the store is capable of authenticated the watch and if you trust that it will actually be sent.

I think a brick and mortar shop that specializes in watches should know what they are selling, but who knows.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:26:53 AM

J-Norm

Welcome to bitcointalk.

I am a foreigner in this land. I am starting to realize that what I consider to be proper may not match the culture I have exposed myself to. Perhaps this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable behavior in this land and if so please excuse the ignorance of this wayfarer.

It's just that people have reason to be suspicious around here because we've had a lot of scammers.  When people are trying to sell a high value item for BTC and it's known that item is frequently counterfeited, the onus is going to be on them to prove the authenticity of the item.  Someone new to the boards trying to sell a similar item would have been given a much harder time than dank was, but even long-standing members don't get the benefit of the doubt just because they've been around for a while and nor should they.

I think a brick and mortar shop that specializes in watches should know what they are selling, but who knows.

You would think so.  But then you'd think they would have gone to the trouble of getting a certificate of authenticity, too.  I have little doubt that dank will send the watch.  He just mightn't get the price he wants without the certificate if the person who buys it is looking to sell it down the track.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:33:58 AM

Why don't we have a world where we can trust everybody rather than no one?  It would be much simpler if the untrustworthy outted theirselves.  The truth is always revealed with time.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:06:20 AM

Why don't we have a world where we can trust everybody rather than no one?  It would be much simpler if the untrustworthy outted theirselves.  The truth is always revealed with time.

Because Lawyers would be out of work.
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 07:18:44 AM

Problem is when it is "outted" someone runs off with like a half million BTC Smiley  lol

CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:24:07 AM

Dank seems to have proved that he is at least in possession of a genuine Rolex.

However this may not be the watch that you receive.

I could be "selling" my SeaDweller DeepSea, provide photos and even more documentary evidence than Dank can.

And then what comes in the mail?

http://www.yourswatches.com/rolex-swiss-deepsea-srl154.html/

A $600 Swiss replica. Identical in every way to the real thing, and you have all the documentation too. I think most people would release the escrow at that point, and even if they took it to their local jewelers, the top replicas are good enough to fool them too.

Don't trust Dank
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: