Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people purchasing BTC on here at about PREEV rate instead of using LBC ?  (Read 794 times)
bilabonic (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:36:34 PM

Hi

Just wondered why people purchase BTC on here at above PREEV rates, 10% seems to be the norm.

Anyone explain ?

I am looking to sell BTC myself using a trusted free ESCROW service from one of these guys -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

Anyone advise, as i don't want to be scammed.

Thanks.

BTC - 1Ayax24aAU8c1xwAakK94DVDkm4kbfZ8Ch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:43:48 PM

People are willing to buy BTC at a premium and sell it at a discount because they do not want to go through the hassle of getting their identity verified on one of the various exchanges and do not wish to wait for the deposit to clear when funding their exchange accounts.

How much BTC are you looking to sell, what payment methods are you willing to accept and at what rate? If you are willing to sell under the market price, then I most likely would be able to buy all the BTC that you are selling.
bilabonic (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:48:25 PM

People are willing to buy BTC at a premium and sell it at a discount because they do not want to go through the hassle of getting their identity verified on one of the various exchanges and do not wish to wait for the deposit to clear when funding their exchange accounts.

How much BTC are you looking to sell, what payment methods are you willing to accept and at what rate? If you are willing to sell under the market price, then I most likely would be able to buy all the BTC that you are selling.

The WHOLE point of me looking to sell on here is that people are willing to pay above the going rate - i use PREEV as it's an avarage of variuos exchanges.

I am willing to accept any payment method that is 100% safe/Escrow ?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:53:34 PM

The WHOLE point of me looking to sell on here is that people are willing to pay above the going rate - i use PREEV as it's an avarage of variuos exchanges.

I am only looking to buy at below market rates.

I would suggest that you open a [wtb] thread in currency exchange with the specific rates you are offering and what payment methods you will accept. GLWS
bilabonic (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:55:52 PM

I would suggest that you open a [wtb] thread in currency exchange with the specific rates you are offering and what payment methods you will accept. GLWS

Thanks, BUT what payment methods are safe ? Direct Bank Transfer, Paypal Gify (but this can be reversed)..........

I will look on other forum know.

Thanks

yoona

Activity: 493

Live by your own rules

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:44:31 PM

Thanks, BUT what payment methods are safe ? Direct Bank Transfer, Paypal Gify (but this can be reversed)..........

Thanks

The most safe method to do to buy bitcoin is you make deposit directly with your bank account. And put it to local exchange, buy some coin snd have fun.
Buy with paypal is a bad idea, avoid that method.
bilabonic (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:47:15 PM

I was looking to sell BTC, but just had chat with trusted buyer and it is cheaper on LBC.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:11:23 PM

Thanks
Pretty much every payment method is going to carry some risks one way or another. Even Western Union payments carry risks as there have been some reports of Western Union suing the recipient of funds when the sender claimed fraud (although I believe this to be very rare). You can somewhat mitigate these risks by dealing with people who have a history of acting honestly and have a reputation of not engaging in any kind of shady things (most exchangers in the currency exchange section probably should not be used as they often accept payment from shady people that may get reversed).

With that being said, cash based payment methods are best (eg MoneyGram, WesternUnion, Walmart-2-Walmart, cash deposit, ect.)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:48:05 AM

I was looking to sell BTC, but just had chat with trusted buyer and it is cheaper on LBC.

not always, often it's more expensive, they charge 5-10% because they offer a faster service than a normal exchange, especially if this is done locally, face to face
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 03:01:56 PM

LBC rates are abnormal. Mostly all the buyers have a rate about 10% more than the market rate unless you are talking about buyers with a 0 trade history on LBC. Buyers use this forum as they get a quicker response and if they use an escrow, the trade as well is safe unless you are using PayPal.

cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Cash face to face is pretty safe if you are in a public location and you arent dealing with a very high dollar amount.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:02:46 PM

You have  choose between price and security of your  coin. Better sell it at LBC if you canT find escrow but if you got one than why to sell low. Good luck wait for escrow to response.

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:55:27 PM

I think it can depend from each BTC user - one prefer forum, because he/she know another one forum member long time and another one forum member prefer BTC exchange. It depends from each person BTC buying practice.  Wink   
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:57:54 PM

Sometimes the preev rate is higher that other exchanges(not all) so why not earning a bit more when trading that's why.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: