Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:34:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your story, how did you become interested in Bitcoin?  (Read 4941 times)
Coin0fMisery

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:10:52 PM

I found some news on the internet and then i started digging about it and also bought some for myself
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:17:34 PM

I've actually seen the word bitcoin on my PC last 2011 when I searched for an online job. I kept on seeing it but I was not able to understand anything about it that time or I was just too lazy to read and understand how it works. Then 2013 I started on faucets and signed for cex.io, bitlanders and sparkprofit which are somehow bitcoin related but I did not fully understand then the relevance of bitcoins so again, I did not focus on it. I was disappointed on how little I was getting with faucets and all the bitcoins earned from it, I deposited to cex for cloud mining but logging in again after maybe a month or two, I lost it all making me more disappointed. I've constantly reading about mining but my mind cannot comprehend the terms and the instructions on how to do it or maybe I was just lazy to read and understand. I just become fully aware and really interested last September and now I feel regrets and frustrated thinking all the years I wasted since learning about it but too lazy to fully understand what it is.
BTCdoctor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:34:58 PM

Friend told me about it and it seemed really cool. Then i started with some faucets to get me going. Smiley
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:07:31 PM

Friend told me about it and it seemed really cool. Then i started with some faucets to get me going. Smiley
yeah i used to be like that.
honestly doing faucets so boring in the beggining. but you must doing that or just join signature campaign for newbie. after you got enough capital, you can try to gamble it  Grin
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:33:13 PM

I heard about bitcoin first from friend 2 years ago but didn't join right away.
I was skeptic about it.
When I heard how much money my friend made on bitcoin after that I realized my mistake and finally joined.
Now, I'm angry to myself that I didn't join right away, after first invitation Smiley
We always have to learn and accept new things.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
nekochan05
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:56:00 PM

i'm interested in bitcoin when my work-mate tell me what advantage of holding bitcoin, how he collect bitcoin without buy and show me his balance including the convert value to cash too. Lucky me, this man likes to share informations about bitcoin and this forum and he is so kindly to guide me for join this forum.

██████████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████▄█████▄
█████████████████▄        ▄███▌ ▐███▄        ▄██
███████████████▐███▄    ▄█████████████▄    ▄███▌
█████████████████████▄ ▀███  █████  ███▀ ▄█████
████████████████▐██████▄ ▀███████████▀ ▄██████▌
█████████████████████████▄ ▀██▌ ▐██▀ ▄████████
█████████████████▐█████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████
Primedice
▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Home of the High Rollers
▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.Creators.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
Most Popular Bitcoin Gambling Site
.of Dicing.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████▄█████▄
█████████████████▄        ▄███▌ ▐███▄        ▄██
███████████████▐███▄    ▄█████████████▄    ▄███▌
█████████████████████▄ ▀███  █████  ███▀ ▄█████
████████████████▐██████▄ ▀███████████▀ ▄██████▌
█████████████████████████▄ ▀██▌ ▐██▀ ▄████████
█████████████████▐█████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████
Primedice
Pathi

Activity: 244

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:32:50 PM

I read an article about it in late 2013. Bought some stick miners and mined thru Nov 2013. Price went insane and I sold my stick miners for 10X what I paid for them when now. I was hooked at that point. Still mining today.

I wish I had not sold all my coins in Nov of this year though. LOL
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:44:25 PM

I got really wired on energy drinks and jager one night, and spent nearly 8 hours drunk on google lol At the time it was approx 30-40$/BTC. I thought it was a bit much for to invest in, having very little 'liquid' money at the time. Next I heard of bitcoin it was 850$ and i was kicking myself in the ass lol
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:16:36 PM

I heard about Bitcoin back in the early days in a computer related, geeky website, I think it was not slashdot but it's that type of website, I of course ignored it because I had no idea what a decentralized currency was back then and I didn't understood the implications. I got on it years later when Mt Gox was being mentioned pretty frequently on tech sites.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:54:55 PM

A friend wanted to sell to me something and asked me if i can pay him via bitcoin and i was worried what is this "bitcoin" and since that time i am reading about bitcoin mostly everyday.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:02:55 PM

I read an article about it in late 2013. Bought some stick miners and mined thru Nov 2013. Price went insane and I sold my stick miners for 10X what I paid for them when now. I was hooked at that point. Still mining today.

I wish I had not sold all my coins in Nov of this year though. LOL

Nice! You must have made a bunch of profits from all of that. You very lucky to have been able to do this.
I never started mining because I was never sure if that was worth doing.

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:00:47 PM

Some people made their investment into mining farms ,and even todays that bitcoin is with a large minings farms there  still be some people starting these project ,since the return of investment is very fast,i dont know the exact numbers but no one would start a mining farm if the return takes 5 years or above.Im glad i bought my first bitcoin at 200 -260 dollars this year.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:08:29 PM

For me, I'm a Computer Science Engineer with 7 years of Diploma/Graduate courses certifications.I had a subject Cryptography ,main where we had questions on SHA,MD5 and we had to write algorithms for the same ,it was the part of syllabus .One of the dudes in my class did a presentation on applications of these algorithms and he spoke about crypto currencies and bitcoins.Since then my curiosity for bitcoins never ended . Smiley
knowhow

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:17:54 PM

For me, I'm a Computer Science Engineer with 7 years of Diploma/Graduate courses certifications.I had a subject Cryptography ,main where we had questions on SHA,MD5 and we had to write algorithms for the same ,it was the part of syllabus .One of the dudes in my class did a presentation on applications of these algorithms and he spoke about crypto currencies and bitcoins.Since then my curiosity for bitcoins never ended . Smiley

Its an amazing history for sure,you belong to crypto world and you code ,soo i suppose you are the early adopters of bitcoin arent you?I look and search deeply about bitcoin when i saw the value of bitcoin,it had my full attention it were on the 400 or 200 dollars i dont remember well.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:18:02 AM

I became interested in bitcoin only because I want to earn money on my own. I dont have a day job, I stay here in our house since I graduated. Since I dont have a job Im focusing in earning bitcoin right now.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:58:34 PM

I became interested in bitcoin only because I want to earn money on my own. I dont have a day job, I stay here in our house since I graduated. Since I dont have a job Im focusing in earning bitcoin right now.

It's sound good. But will be better if you keep some of your bitcoin to be a capital becomes entrepreneur. You still can post to this bitcointalk in your spare time

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

bearex

Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:25:54 PM

Found about it on a forum, i also got some Bitcoin there:D Then i just started using it as an investment, so i exchanged some of my money for Bitcoins.
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:38:31 PM

2 BTC is nearly of my monthly income. Undecided

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
Cadauzarh

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:06:04 PM

I saw the news reports in newspapers and some website. I began to know about bitcoin and found it is better than fiats.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:20:36 PM

I never had interest in bitcoin, I thought it was same kind of online currency like paypal or alertpay. But, later I decided to listen to my friend about it, I came to understand it a bit, then I started claiming free satoshis from faucets, then later I decided to start investing in bitcoin when I discovered that it has value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: