Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderators condone trolling, but ban people for it?  (Read 1396 times)
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:49:47 AM

Also hey wait a minute...

So your forum will be too strict! I don't know...I did like the idea, but now that I reread the link, it does seem just a little too strict. I might not enjoy myself there, but as you said it isn't for fun but for professionals to do work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:12:37 AM

For me personally, I do not believe in acts like that to have any type of part in a professional forum community. Even joking would not be tolerated in my upcoming forum because it is strictly for work. Work should be taken seriously.
I will be very surprised if this forum lasts longer than a few months. Without anything other than work it will become very boring very quickly, providing a safe haven to every special snowflake that needs it won't change that. If people can't handle being told they're incorrect and throw a tantrum every time they don't deserve to have items such as a computer and internet access. Perhaps a rattle and a sandpit would be better suited.
Not belittling you or whatever, just stating my opinion. I expect that I am on your ignore list anyway, so unless the ignore feature magically breaks again like it has with hilarious several times you won't see this.
No, I've never blocked you. Or at least I don't think I did. If I ever said that I did, I don't remember.

In a professional forum for work full of mature model citizens, I would say they could find positive ways of having fun while doing their work by giving friendly compliments to each other, or organizing friendly fundraisers and events to have lively, useful discussion in exchange for great ideas in promoting and enhancing Bitcoin through bold, new, and exciting concepts. I suppose I am just a more sophisticated type of worker, where I would never say statements such as what you just said, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I'm not trying to insult your ways, but since you can make statements like that, I don't really believe you'd know too much about etiquette or sophistication in my humble opinion. In that case, my preferred simulated forum full of ladies and gentlemen in suits sitting in classic office chairs behind a long office table in an executive office on the 16th floor of a building with a wide window showcasing busy city streets below while drinking coffee or wine and toasting to successful business tactics might not be your best fit for a working scenario. I suppose people as yourself seem to believe work is about goofing off or not taking situations seriously. That is fine. I am an overall strict human being when it comes to work. Some people like that. Some don't.

No offense taken. Have a good day.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:13:18 AM

Also hey wait a minute...

So your forum will be too strict! I don't know...I did like the idea, but now that I reread the link, it does seem just a little too strict. I might not enjoy myself there, but as you said it isn't for fun but for professionals to do work.

Read what I said to the guy that implied death threats shouldn't be a bannable offense and maybe you'd get where I'm coming from. My forum isn't for fun. It's for work.

ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:35:25 AM

Read what I said to the guy that implied death threats shouldn't be a bannable offense and maybe you'd get where I'm coming from. My forum isn't for fun. It's for work.

Get a hold of your self, this is cyber world, those death threats are nothing, words cant kill you. Do you think some crazy a** will travel across the world to do what he just posted here. There's a line between real world and cyber world, and you should know the difference.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 12:53:45 PM

No, I've never blocked you. Or at least I don't think I did. If I ever said that I did, I don't remember.
In that case, I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

In a professional forum for work full of mature model citizens, I would say they could find positive ways of having fun while doing their work by giving friendly compliments to each other, or organizing friendly fundraisers and events to have lively, useful discussion in exchange for great ideas in promoting and enhancing Bitcoin through bold, new, and exciting concepts.
I can understand where you are coming from, but in a forum where rules are specifically set to try and enforce no one ever getting offended, posting something which isn't explicitly encouraging/praising someone will be extremely difficult, and staff intervention may end up even being seen as censorship. What I mean by this is that, as proven by you and I, people have very different interpretations of what offensive is. By trying to enforce one person's rules on what is and isn't offensive is difficult, as what one person may see as harsh criticism another may see as a direct attack on them. I wouldn't find a forum where people are scared of giving criticism a fun place to be at all.

I'm not trying to insult your ways, but since you can make statements like that, I don't really believe you'd know too much about etiquette or sophistication in my humble opinion.
I can see why you would think that. I believe that I can be sophisticated, however only in situations which require it. I don't see an online forum that I mainly visit for personal enjoyment, not business, as such a situation.

I suppose people as yourself seem to believe work is about goofing off or not taking situations seriously. That is fine. I am an overall strict human being when it comes to work. Some people like that. Some don't.
As said previously, I do not see this forum as work at all. I perhaps used to, however that is no longer the case. The little money that I do make from this forum goes back into other ways to enjoy myself or side projects of mine. I have means IRL of generating revenue for my actual life. If you see this forum as a place to work, good for you, however do not expect others to conform to your expectations. Especially so on the internet; that is a very unrealistic thing to hope for.

No offense taken. Have a good day.
Same to you.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:11:03 PM

Get a hold of your self, this is cyber world, those death threats are nothing, words cant kill you. Do you think some crazy a** will travel across the world to do what he just posted here. There's a line between real world and cyber world, and you should know the difference.
Just because we're behind a computer screen, doesn't mean we have to exude cowardly behavior.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:17:03 PM

Same to you
I think you're telling me all of this because you have never actually attempted this. It is also probably because nobody really demonstrated to you the difference between harsh criticism and an insult. That's fine.

That's too bad in my humble opinion.

The site here has no rules at all. Do as you wish here.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: