Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:35:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 BTC. Will I be a millionaire by 2030?  (Read 41267 times)
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:38:29 AM

It's pretty much guaranted 10 BTC in 2030 will be a fortune, what is not guaranteed is that you will hold them for so long.. most people will give up the temptation during bubbles and will sell.

You are absolutely right.
I do see many people are simply targeting only $1000 levels alone. Some people may sell at higher prices and may end up in disappointments on waiting for a lower prices.
So, only the iron hearted and deserved people will enjoy the full benefits by the year 2030.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:28:15 AM

This all became irrelevant since there is a trust fund that will unlock 1.1 mil BTC on Jan 1 2020.
It will all depends on what happens then.

what you're talking about, what funds? and why in 2020?

yesterdays revelations:
http://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius/

whether he is or isn't is less relevant right now, but 1.1mil bitcoins trust fund is real for sure.

Wright’s “Tulip” trust fund of 1.1 million bitcoins may hold the key to that mystery. The trust fund PDF signed by Wright’s late friend David Kleiman keeps those coins locked in place until 2020...He could be leveraging the trust in less visible ways, like legally transferring ownership of money to fund his companies while still leaving it at the same bitcoin address...Or he might still be waiting for January 1st, 2020, a countdown to a date that could take the lid off the biggest cryptocurrency fortune in history.

interesting, i've missed that, so he proceed to dump that on the market, or you're implying that those coins will help the growth of bitcoin in 2020?

A fake trust from the fake satoshi. *yaaawn*  Roll Eyes

yeah i went in depth about the thing, and even the signing pgp seems fake as hell, so this whole story is bullshit as it is presented right now
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:10:57 AM

It's pretty much guaranted 10 BTC in 2030 will be a fortune, what is not guaranteed is that you will hold them for so long.. most people will give up the temptation during bubbles and will sell.

I do see many people are simply targeting only $1000 levels alone. Some people may sell at higher prices and may end up in disappointments on waiting for a lower prices.
So, only the iron hearted and deserved people will enjoy the full benefits by the year 2030.
I agree with you. Many people sell off once they see the price going up more than they bought for.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:30:55 AM

I agree with you. Many people sell off once they see the price going up more than they bought for.

Well yeah that is true you can sell some of bitcoins if it goes up.
Is just dumb that some just sell all, because it goes up maybe just sell some and wait for more increase and buy also little amounts.
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:35:46 AM

Well yeah that is true you can sell some of bitcoins if it goes up.
Is just dumb that some just sell all, because it goes up maybe just sell some and wait for more increase and buy also little amounts.
I think its best to hold all your bitcoins when the price starts to increase and sell a little when you see a downward pressure on the price.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:37:53 AM

This is true, happened to me as well. It's especially hard when you know you can sell/exchange and know you could make 100% profit of the actual amount that you bought your bitcoins with.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:08:13 AM

sure it it cuz in nature we all want to have more money cuz we think in that case we will solve any problem but in most cases that not the issue
holding 10 btc for 15-20 year is good thing selling them for right price also good thing if someone is thinking that will satisfy him/her
also investing may be gamble but sometimes good gamble may be the key for holding even more btc in stash

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:38:07 AM

It is impossible that with 10 bitcoins you will be a millionaire by 2030, i think you should own about 100+ bitcoins for reaching that much amount of money.

10 bitcoins is a lot, not even 2 million people can ever have that much. And there are a lot of millionaires in the world.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:59:32 AM

This all became irrelevant since there is a trust fund that will unlock 1.1 mil BTC on Jan 1 2020.

yesterdays revelations:
http://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius/

whether he is or isn't is less relevant right now, but 1.1mil bitcoins trust fund is real for sure.

Wright’s “Tulip” trust fund of 1.1 million bitcoins may hold the key to that mystery. The trust fund PDF signed by Wright’s late friend David Kleiman keeps those coins locked in place until 2020...He could be leveraging the trust in less visible ways, like legally transferring ownership of money to fund his companies while still leaving it at the same bitcoin address...Or he might still be waiting for January 1st, 2020, a countdown to a date that could take the lid off the biggest cryptocurrency fortune in history.

interesting, i've missed that, so he proceed to dump that on the market, or you're implying that those coins will help the growth of bitcoin in 2020?

A fake trust from the fake satoshi. *yaaawn*  Roll Eyes

yeah i went in depth about the thing, and even the signing pgp seems fake as hell, so this whole story is bullshit as it is presented right now

It does not matter if that part of the story (re Satoshi) is true or not, but Tulip trust fund with 1 mil btc in it to be open on Jan 1 2020 is real as this is easily verifiable information, which the journo checked.

Wright’s “Tulip” trust fund of 1.1 million bitcoins may hold the key to that mystery. The trust fund PDF signed by Wright’s late friend David Kleiman keeps those coins locked in place until 2020, yet gives Wright the freedom to borrow them for applications including “research into peer-to-peer systems” and “commercial activities that enhance the value and position of bitcoin.”
Was

Activity: 75
Merit: 12

We are Satoshi.

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:19:23 AM

Here's a basic rule if you plan on holding your coins in order to become incredibly wealthy.

Don't ever "cash out". That is, convert the coins into fiat currency in order to make them more liquid.

Wait until you're able to spend them on everything, from insurance, to property, to groceries and etc. This is when their value will be realized by the world.

We Are Satoshi.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:49:51 AM

yesterdays revelations:

It does not matter if that part of the story (re Satoshi) is true or not, but Tulip trust fund with 1 mil btc in it to be open on Jan 1 2020 is real as this is easily verifiable information, which the journo checked.

Wright’s “Tulip” trust fund of 1.1 million bitcoins may hold the key to that mystery. The trust fund PDF signed by Wright’s late friend David Kleiman keeps those coins locked in place until 2020, yet gives Wright the freedom to borrow them for applications including “research into peer-to-peer systems” and “commercial activities that enhance the value and position of bitcoin.”

even if it is true, who will assure us that they will be unlocked in 2020, it could be another bullshit, like the rest oft he article
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:37:24 AM

yesterdays revelations:

even if it is true, who will assure us that they will be unlocked in 2020, it could be another bullshit, like the rest oft he article

So this basically says that Bitcoin is bound to die in the year 2020! Smiley What a bunch of crap if you are asking me honestly!
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:31:42 AM

It is impossible that with 10 bitcoins you will be a millionaire by 2030, i think you should own about 100+ bitcoins for reaching that much amount of money.

10 bitcoins is a lot, not even 2 million people can ever have that much. And there are a lot of millionaires in the world.

According to a quick search you are looking at between 15-20 million millionaires in the world. Saying that though bitcoin would need to be a world currency which no doubt will not be. If it is then now I'm having second thoughts about it if 10 bitcoin could possibly make you a millionaire by 2030, the answer is yes.. Ah and me and many in the bitcoin world assuming you are a die hard hodl and can hold that long..

Ocytrem

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:55:33 AM

Well that I htink not 10BTC. I think you will get millionair in 2040 with 10BTC.
But you never know what will happen to bitcoin.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:37:44 PM

Here's a basic rule if you plan on holding your coins in order to become incredibly wealthy.

Don't ever "cash out". That is, convert the coins into fiat currency in order to make them more liquid.

Wait until you're able to spend them on everything, from insurance, to property, to groceries and etc. This is when their value will be realized by the world.

Indeed. Bitcoin will be mainstream when the old ladies on the street start talking about it. Then, there will be no real reason to cash out.

Under construction.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:40:20 PM

Indeed. Bitcoin will be mainstream when the old ladies on the street start talking about it. Then, there will be no real reason to cash out.

When Oprah is handing out bits to her audience, we've reached critical mass.  Cheesy
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:34:18 PM

Not even close you will be millionaire, the chances are very low, but the question is will be bitcoin available by 2030?
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:13:24 PM

The only way it won't be "available" is if there's nobody willing to sell or if the internet disappears.  And even if the internet were to magically disappear, I wouldn't say it's impossible for Bitcoin to survive.  Bitcoin will be very, VERY hard to kill.  Even with a calculated, simultaneous attack by world government it won't just disappear.  It may split, it may be changed, it may be driven underground, but it will not die.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 01:21:34 PM

The only way it won't be "available" is if there's nobody willing to sell or if the internet disappears.  And even if the internet were to magically disappear, I wouldn't say it's impossible for Bitcoin to survive.  Bitcoin will be very, VERY hard to kill.  Even with a calculated, simultaneous attack by world government it won't just disappear.  It may split, it may be changed, it may be driven underground, but it will not die.

It will be about but if it fails it will be like every other shitcoin i own. No one will want to buy it, you wont even be able to get rid of it for free. Fingers crossed this doesnt happen though.

BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:38:10 PM

i doubt that this is possible to happen im afraid you will still have not enough money for being a millionaire you would need something from 100 to 500 bitcoins though if the price would go up a lot and if you are lucky it migh happen i guess
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: